Ch. 1

Quarantine love

“Want some help with that?”

“Aaaaah!!!” As I screamed, the tray full of snacks I was gonna chow down on in my room dropped to the floor. I thought I was the only guest at this guest house, so who was this blue haired man?! Seeing my terrified face seemed to amuse him as he chuckled to himself. The terror quickly turned into embarrassment when I realized that he was probably chuckling at my less than flattering look I was sporting. Since I thought I was alone I hadn’t bothered brushing my hair and had just thrown on an old pajamas with funny koalas on them.

 

 

“Are you just gonna leave the snacks on the floor?” he asked with a smile as he sat down on the stairs, making no move to help me out. Even more embarrassed I started trying to shuffle the popcorn that had spilled out on the floor and stairs, back into the bowl. I glanced up and saw that he was still just sitting there, looking at me.

“Y.. you know.. you’re the one that scared me half to death and made me drop all of this... The least you could do is help me pick it all up..!”

He started laughing, his nose crinkled and it made him look absolutely adorable.

“I guess that’s true” he said between laughs. Suddenly his face turned serious. “But you look so cute in your koala pajamas, so I think I’m just gonna sit here and enjoy myself”

 

 

After staring at him in disbelief for what felt like an eternity, the blue haired man finally got up and started helping me gather all the spilt popcorn.

“Were you really gonna eat all of these snacks by yourself?” he asked, gesturing with amusement to the big pile I had amassed for my solo movie night. Slightly offended at his comment, I puffed my cheeks out and glowered at him. “Yes.” I said loudly, giving him a deadly stare. “I always make sure I have a wide variety of snacks to choose from when I watch movies. Popcorn is a standard given, the chocolate goes well with the popcorn, chips are the palate cleanser…” I continued blabbering about the virtues of a well rounded mix of snacks, while he helped me carry the bounty up the stairs. “I don’t think I’ve ever given so much thought into what snacks to choose”, he said with a smile as we stopped in front of the door to my room. Just as I reached out to take the snacks from him, he opened the door and strolled right into the room. “Where do you want me to put these down?” He looked so innocently sweet as he looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to reply.