Without Sowon

7 Years' Bad Luck

Kim So-jung (Sowon) Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics - Healthy ...

BREAKING: Sowon from GFRIEND left the group to start her career as a model signing with ESteem Ent.

"Oppa, I'm not signing it." Sowon pushed the paper away from her. 

They other girls already signed it and gave it to him. They looked up slightly confused at Sowon.

Yerin and SinB laughed, "Good one unnie. Almost had us there." 

Sowon looked at them very seriously and they quieted down when she didn't join their laughing.

"...Unnie?" Umji asked.

"I'm sorry but I'm not continuing." Sowon stood up and left the room leaving all the girls confused.

"W-what does that mean for us?" Tears already started forming in Eunha's eyes.

The girls faced the CEO. He sighed and started explaining what was going to happen.

 

GFRIEND sat in a circle thinking about Sowon's unexpected decision to quit as a idol singer. Yerin stared tiredly at the girls. Why did you do this to us? Why didn't you come talk to us? What are you thinking? Why haven't you spoken to us? What did we do wrong? Yerin mulled over all these questions running in her head. She couldn't find any answers and was frustrated beyond belief. 

It was almost perfect. GFRIEND was almost on top of the world. With Buddy supporting them from behind, they were rising to the top. And then they felt as if all their hard work crumbled before their eyes in a matter of seconds. Once Sowon uttered those words in front of the CEO, the managers, her members. The girls with dreams and hopes were soon stopped short by their leader. They were confused at first. Laughed and said it was a good joke but when Sowon looked at them dead in the eyes they stopped laughing. She soon departed, leaving empty holes in the girls' hearts. The first instinct was of course to ask why, which she never answered and left them even more confused and angry. The anger slowly dissipated for everyone except SinB and then it started to take a toll on everyone's bodies.

Yerin's eyes were red and slightly puffy as she tried to stay strong in front of the younger members. No one looked any better. Eunha came out of her room wrapped in a blanket and her hair was disheveled and large bags under her eyes. Yuju couldn't trust her prized voice anymore and her lips were chapped and cracked. SinB was angry to the point where there were bruises on her knuckles and she was slowly losing weight from all the dancing she did to cope with the information. Umji stopped eating. Her body was starting to show the effects as she was ghastly pale and her bones became more evident.

The CEO decided for the girls to finally take a 1 year break after Sowon's news. He decided it was for the best for the girls to get some rest and grow accustomed without their leader. For the time being, the girls didn't appoint a new leader as they couldn't wrap their heads around the idea.

"My heart hurts." Eunha whimpered out in the silence. 

Yuju wrapped her arms around her small body to comfort her.

"I don't want to continue anymore." Umji looked tired and her eyes started to close on their own.

SinB patted her head and took a deep breath. "We have to stay strong for everyone counting on us..."

"But we thought we could count on her and now look at us..." Eunha's voice cracked.

"We already signed. There's nothing we can do anymore." Yerin spoke up. "Sowon made her decision and we made ours. We just have to continue without her whether we like it or not. We don't have a choice anymore."

Yuju leaned in closer to Eunha and rested her head on top of the smaller girl's. She needed to find warmth in the cold truth. 

The silence was deafening for them but also comforted them. The darkness was slowly seeping into their minds and they couldn't control their thoughts as Why? was the only question on repeat. 

Sowon didn't cut contact from them but they didn't have the guts to face her anymore and Sowon didn't even bother to check up on them. She seemed fine as she already signed with a different company and releasing preview photos of her new career. The dorm housing Sowon now had an empty room with just a bed frame and mattress where she used to sleep. All her belongings disappeared the day she walked away from the CEO. Her scent lingers in the room but is slowly fading away as if she never existed and was a forgotten memory.

"How will Buddy react? She didn't even write a goodbye letter to them..." Umji whispers as she thought about all the fans. "What will be their reactions..."

More new but gloomy thoughts filled their minds and they were left with more unease. The self-hate filled each of the girls' minds as they started to question themselves more. Will Buddy hate us now? Why can't I bring myself to Sojung-unnie anymore? Is she happy without us? Will we be able to go on without her? 

The future held a great deal of doubt with continuing as a 5 member group. 

"We still have each other. Let us lean on one another." Yerin grabbed Eunha and SinB's hands. 

SinB nodded and reached for Umji's hand.

Yuju's heart was warmed by her unnie's words and grabbed ahold of Eunha and Umji.

"We can get through this. The future might look bleak right now but there will be light on the other side."

They all looked at one another and smiled for the first time in days. As long as they had each other.

We'll cheer for you unnie but we'll dearly miss you Sojung-unnie.

Unedited~

A/N

How was it? Comment down below what you think!