White Walls

White Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think that's all..." the words were softly spoken, so out of character for the usually loud, boisterous man. Jungsoo who had been sitting on the sofa, back rigid, quickly rose before he fidgeted, suddenly not knowing what to do or what to say. His eyes met Heechul's and he saw a lot of things, regret, sympathy, resignation but not love. 

 

Not anymore. 

 

At the same time, they both averted their gazes and for a split second, Jungsoo wondered what Heechul saw in his eyes. 

 

'Love that wasn't enough.' A voice at the back of his mind whispered and suddenly his eyes prickled. 'Lacking. Not the one. Not enough. Stranger.' 

 

And his mind wandered to that day

 

Flashback

 

"Jungsoo... I found someone else..." 

 

Jungsoo dropped the spatula he was using and he whirled around, eyes boring into Heechul's unsure form and expression.

 

"What did you say?" he asked eventhough he had heard it loud and clear the first time. 

 

"Someone else..." 

 

"Someone else what?" it was harsher than intended and they both flinched. 

 

"Just someone else... I want to break up..." Jungsoo's ears were ringing loudly then, the words break up echoing in his head. 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"Jungsoo..." 

 

There were hesitation and doubts colouring the tone and Jungsoo wanted to exploit it, wanted to pick on it until everything unraveled and Heechul won't leave, won't be with someone else, will stay instead.He tried to run his brain for any signs that lead to this. Averted gazes, evaded kisses, brushed off touches. Things he doesn't want to admit. Of course there were but Jungsoo thought it will go away, that they will get over this phase like they always did. But suddenly he realized with a pang that maybe, he wasn't enough for Heechul anymore. 

 

"Do I know him? Her?" he tried to sound calm but deep inside, it was as chaotic as a storm. He watched Heechul shaking his head saying no. Heechul fell in love with someone Jungsoo doesn't know.

 

Everything felt too real then and Jungsoo couldn't help wrapping his arms around himself, trying to hold himself together and failing miserably. All the small signs were leading up to this and if only Jungsoo was enough, maybe they won't be having this conversation.

 

"Did you cheat?" he knew Heechul won't and felt even more terrible when Heechul's eyes shone with a slight betrayal. 

 

"No. He- he wanted to- but I said no. Not until I end things with you," Heechul was cautious in picking his words but no amount of caution  can make this better for Jungsoo. His world is spiralling down into a tunnel of despair and he tapped his fingers restlessly against his forearms. 

 

"I'll move out when the month is up. I know it's too sudden but I'll give you my part of rent for three months in advance and... And I'm sorry, Jungsoo... That we didn't work out..."

 

Jungsoo hated how his mind quickly conju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter