11

[pentagon] : runaway

Yanan forced a smile out of his face to at least be the most welcoming person these two would meet. Though he forces a lot of things, this certain activity is what he dreaded the most. Yanan's eyes lingered on theirs, starting from the tallest and then glancing back down to the shorter. He didn't know what came of him and why he ran to their places and actually form a conversation with them--he's just wandering, a lot.

"How may we help you?" This time, Shinwon spoke out loud.

On his left hand was still the same plastic bag but his right hand pushed Wooseok behind him and seemingly tried to protect him.

"Relax," Yanan raised his hand and shifted his gaze to Wooseok, "I am not going to hurt you."

Shinwon still couldn't breathe easily. What's happening in front of him does not put him to ease. He was feeling something that he couldn't pinpoint to, and all that matters right now to him is Wooseok.

"I told you, I am not going to hurt anyone," Yanan saw the unsettling behavior, and once again exclaimed.

The hands that he raised went from defensive to dismissive. The fake smile that he wore immediately fell and his eyes started to rolled sideways due to his disappointment at Shinwon. Stop faking.

"You," he pointed at Shinwon, "stop acting like you care about this tall guy," Yanan shifted his gaze at Wooseok who's just staring at the two other men around him.

Shinwon's teeth gritted, his grip on the plastic bag grew harder and the way he pushed Wooseok even more to his back made Wooseok realize that Shinwon was starting to boil up.

"Look, I am here because I want what you have," Yanan said as he brushed his hair away from his face.

Dangling on his nose bridge is his spectacles, the way he dresses was also fancier than the two shabby boys, yet he has the nerve to ask for what they have?

"I want a home and you two looked like you have one," he pointed out, making Shinwon and Wooseok look at each other with doubts evident on their faces.

When the two entered the convenience store, the first thing that Yanan noticed about them is how these two looked so strange. Their eyes don't lock at each other, but their mouths kept on blabbering. Yanan carefully watched them, from in and then out. He watched them talk to each other with ice creams on their hands, he watched Shiwon hold on to Wooseok's cheeks, clinging on to him in order to desperately try to bring him back.

But among everything that Yanan watched, it was something that the two of them couldn't see and understand just yet.

It was their warmth.

When two lonely people are brought together, the natural response to that is having two people--maybe not alone, but still are lonely. When two people who are naturally born to survive, their instinct was to build their barricades up and make sure that no one would be able to see the reality of this ego.

And amidst to that phenomenon, their actions spoke louder than their words.

"What the  are you trying to do?" Shinwon almost shouted at Yanan.

"What you are trying to do," Yanan replied immediately.

Yanan was someone who had been relocating himself to the different parts of the country. As someone who works as a model, and someone who hasn't built up quite a name yet, Yanan was expected to be hungry for fame, success and wealth.

But travelling to a foreign country is already a mere sacrifice, what more of having to spend his entire life showing a fake face, fake emotions, and giving fake answers would do in return to everything that he sacrificed?

He understood how this career of his works, and how life generally works.

What he strives isn't luxury, it was a home.

A home inside a place where he is the strangest one.

"What do you mean--"

Yanan immediately cut of Shinwon's words and reached out his hand to attempt to touch Wooseok's forehead. Though Wooseok wanted to push Yanan away, Wooseok remained calm and let the stranger touch him.

"Look at how he is so trusting," Yanan commented. But before Shinwon was able to pull Wooseok away from him, Yanan already got so close to both of them, and only this mere distance would make them hear the whispers Yanan gave, "You want him to trust you, yet you don't even trust him?" Yanan now brought his hand to Shinwon's forehead.

Shinwon couldn't move.

"I am doing what you are doing. Tell me, to fool myself of actually having a home, do I need to act like you?" Yanan whispered whilst he looked down on Shinwon's fringes.

He struggled to look for his eyes, but his voice that's flailing showed enough conviction, "I don't understand," Shinwon whispered in return.

Wooseok was merely watching.

His hand was already free from Shinwon's grip and his chest throbbed due to a stranger coming up to him and forcefully implying his opinions to them.

He felt little, he felt judged, he was beginning to wonder if Yanan was always this entitled.

"You're so kind, but kindness isn't what he needs--" Yanan was halted when Wooseok finally swatted the arm that landed on Shinwon's forehead and pulled Shinwon, maintaining a safe distance between Yanan and the two of them.

"Why do we keep on talking about me?" A genuine question that Wooseok wanted to have a genuine answer.

Yanan stopped for a while and bore Wooseok with his gaze. His mouth went agape and eventually closes, but his mind couldn't form words to answer Wooseok's questions either.

With no strings of words that attaches together, he replied a chuckle to Wooseok and mumbled, "I don't know, maybe your blonde hair really stood out to me."

"The hell?" Wooseok's eyebrows folded into anger. His neck began to turn red and the rush of blood pooling up on the flesh of his cheeks made him feel warm.

"Hell?" Yanan replied despite shuddering from the deep voice coming from the taller, yet he still managed to elaborate, "It is being uncertain of what your future would be even if the actual definition of future is uncertainty."

"What do you want--" Wooseok this time didn't want to fool around. His deep voice got even deeper and his loud voice got even louder.

Yanan knew, the taller man in front of him was in deep rage, but nothing can make him falter.

"I told you, didn't I? Home."

"We don't have any," Wooseok said with his gritting teeth.

His mouth releases humid and his forehead began forming sweat straight down to his chin.

But when he heard Yanan speak, his world stopped.

"Then let's make a home."

His face softened and the two older men witnessed every second of it.

He is indeed the youngest. Shinwon thought.