The Art of Flirting

Here's The Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“This isn’t going to work.” 

 

Her complaint went straight through one of Jungkook’s ears before slipping right out of the other as the raven-haired man hummed underneath his breath. He rocked back and forth, hands gripping his backpack straps as he awaited for Human Physiology class to start. Yennie glanced around unsurely and though she had always been comfortable with the notion of skipping class to attend another one, this felt somewhat different. She blamed it all on the fact that she’d lost a bet that would probably cost her a humiliation of a lifetime and hoped against hope that somehow Risako had fallen sick during the weekend. 

 

As the class before them left and allowed them to shuffle in, Jungkook took no time in finding them a seat by the corner of the hall, at the very far back so that she’d have a wonderful view of the classroom, a wonderful view of where Risako was to sit.


“Are you sure she’s even in this class?” Yennie murmured in Jungkook’s direction upon glancing at the clock to the front of the class and back towards the doorway, where more and more students were filing in. 

 

“Positive.” 

 

And just as Yennie was about to turn to him with a glower, a mop of familiar inky black curls caught her eye. Quickly swivelling around to admire the beauty that radiated from Risako’s profile, Yennie tried hard not to let the heat gather through her cheeks, which proved to be a hard feat considering that Risako seemed to catch their eye. The latter frowned for a moment, before her eyes lit up in recognition. She waved and Yennie waved back shyly, not noticing the amusement dancing in Jungkook’s doe eyes at her gesture.


“You are so smitten,” came his murmur the moment Mrs. Memphis strolled into class with her usually sleek blonde bun and glasses perched onto her nose. 

 

Yennie just punched him on the shoulder.

 

As the class wore on, she found herself daydreaming on her notebook even though she had told herself that she was going to use this class to catch up on the notes that she’d missed. But that only proved futile when the only thing that her hands seemed to type out was Risako’s name over her word document. Yennie practically pounced onto the delete button, glancing in Jungkook’s direction to make sure he hadn’t taken notice. 

 

No sooner was class over that Jungkook rolled up his notebook into a makeshift pipe before hollering right into it: 

 

“Risako!” 

 

Yennie’s face flamed and she felt like socking his jaw. What the was wrong with him?! Her palms burst in sweat before she clamped them onto her lap upon noticing that Risako was walking over, a strut in her narrow hips. 

 

“Hey, Jungkook right?” Risako smiled, “and Yennie? Don’t think I’ve ever seen you in this class before.” 


“Oh, no--I--Uh, I’m just, well, I’m just accompanying him, yeah,” Yennie stumbled through her words and felt more than saw the mischief in Jungkook’s gaze practically drilling holes into the back of her skull.

 

“Ain’t nothing more productive than skipping class, am I right?” Risako placed a hand atop her hips, grinning down at Yennie with a smile so gorgeous it blew her breath away. 

 

“Yeah,” Yennie’s head dipped into a nod, “Yeah.” 


She felt Jungkook’s leg kick at her underneath the table, and squirmed.

 

“So, what are you guys up to after this?” 


“Well, nothing much. Yennie’s got media studies,” Jungkook said, “and i’m probably going to study a little before basketball practice.” 


“Oh that’s right, do you guys practice every week?” 


“Usually Tuesdays and Wednesdays.” 

 

Yennie’s mouth felt like sandpaper whenever Risako’s chestnut orbs would find hers amidst trivial conversation. She wa cute and petite and just about everything that a girl dreamt to be; with that pure snowy, dewy skin envied by all, rosy whenever she’d blush or get cold, and her well-structured nose and her tiny thin lips that would peel back to show her beautiful pearly whites. Risako looked like an angel fallen from Japan’s heaven and it wouldn’t surprise Yennie if she discovered that Risako was, in fact, not human. How could anyone resist her?
 

Pain shot up her ankle when Jungkook proceeded to kick her again, harder this time. 

 

Gritting her teeth and shooting him down with a scowl of her own, she failed to notice the confusion flicking across Risako’s face. 

 

“S--So, Risako,” Yennie could feel the sweat dotting her hairline as she spoke, “Would you, would you want to--to hang out sometime?” 

Risako’s response was instantaneous. She beamed and Yennie swore she felt her heart skip. 

 

“Sure, what’s your number? Here, I’ll give you mine.” 

 

The two exchanged contacts before Risako had to excuse herself since she had to attend her next class, causing Yennie to turn just in time to see the -eating grin on her best friend’s face. 

 

“See?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter