Whipped and Blended

Whipped and Blended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna was manning the cashier and going through her usual routine, but her mind is worried for Seolhyun. Understandable, since she basically vouched for her girlfriend’s sister and she doesn’t want her to mess up on her first day of work.

 

“Welcome to FNC Cafe, may I take your— oh, hi, it’s you!" She cheerfully said while waving at the customer. "The usual mocha frappe blended with whipped cream?” Hyejeong nodded. So she took a cup and wrote Hyejeong’s name and drink on it.

 

“Why are you having to go today instead of for here?”

 

“I have a meeting at 9 and I’m almost running late.” The tall girl replied with a smile after sparing a glance at her wristwatch.

 

“Alright, I’ll ask the barista to make it quick for you. Seol, make this one first, please! That would be 5,500 won.” She winked charmingly at Hyejeong after she heard a quick 'Got it!' from the preparation counter.

 

“You’re the best. And this is why you’re my favorite.”

 

“Of course. Only for our regulars, you know. Here’s your receipt. Have a nice day!”

 

After thanking her, Hyejeong walked over to the claim counter and opted to check her e-mails on the phone while waiting for her drink. She’s still sleepy and is currently regretting staying up until dawn watching dramas last night, which is the reason why she had a rushed morning just so she won’t be late. No more than a minute passed when a barista arrived and placed a drink on a to-go holder with a straw on the side.

 

“Mocha frappe with whipped cream for—,“ Seolhyun stopped mid-sentence as she finally looked up and saw the customer’s face.

 

Hyejeong reached for her order but noticed that the whipped cream was placed as a topping instead of being blended. She was about to mention it, but upon looking at the girl behind the counter, she opted not to after seeing the funny expression on her face.

 

“—Hyejeong?” Seolhyun finally finished after blushing, blinking, gulping, biting her lip, and looking down at the counter top trying to hide her embarrassment.

 

A lot of things started running through Hyejeong’s mind, but right now she can’t afford to waste any more time. So she just smiled, took her cup, said thanks, and walked out of the cafe.

 

“Hey Seol, did you blend the whipped cream on that mocha frappe I told you to make?” Yuna asked when she remembered that she didn’t write ‘blended’ on the cup, as she’s used to knowing it and preparing it herself. When she didn’t get an answer, she glanced at the claim counter and saw the girl standing still with her head hung low. She started heading towards her.

 

“Ya, Seolhyun.” She snapped a finger in front of her face. Seolhyun was startled for a second before finally facing her. “I asked if you blended the whipped cream on that mocha frappe for Hyejeong.”

 

“What?”

 

“Crap! You didn’t, did you?”

 

“You didn’t tell me to! And there’s no ‘blended’ written on the cup.”

 

“Oh God, right. I was worrying about you but I ended up being the one to mess up because of overthinking.” Yuna said with a facepalm. “Wait, did she not ask for it to be blended?"

 

"No, she didn't," Seolhyun said nervously.

 

"Yeah, I didn’t hear anything. It's probably because she's in a hurry. Why are you standing here frozen and dazed like she just scolded you or something?”

 

"She just said thanks and left! Nothing else happened," Seolhyun responded quickly and proceeded to the sink and started cleaning up.

 

"Really? That's weird. She always wants them blended, though. You better take note of that, since she's a regular too."

 

"What?" she turned her head and looked at Yuna as if she just fired her from the job.

 

She narrowed her eyes, because Seolhyun's being weird and she doesn't understand why. "I said remember that she always wants her whipped cream blended because she's a regular and you'll probably be preparing her drinks often."

 

Seolhyun's panicked look confused her even more, but she just dismissed it and went back to the cashier. Jimin, their store manager, walked out of the inner working station and started explaining. "I've just witnessed how our new girl right here, dropped her jaw the first time she saw Hyejeong's face," she said while chuckling and stood right beside Seolhyun. Yuna was about to laugh but bit her lip instead; she can now see why Seolhyun was acting the way she did a while ago.

 

"Manager Shin!" Seolhyun paused her washing and immediately bowed to their manager. When Yuna turned around to look at them, Jimin was holding out a handkerchief towards Seolhyun, and this time she didn't bother to stop herself from laughing.

 

"Nah, just call me Jimin. Seriously, you're still blushing?"

 

"I'm sorry! It won't happen again," she grimaced while letting out a nervous chuckle. "What's this?" she said as she reluctantly took the hanky.

 

"It's for your drool, Kim Seolhyun. Wipe it off your mouth and chin. I'm definitely telling Chanmi that you had a big time crush on your first day of work!" she said and then laughed again together with Jimin.

 

"SHUT UP!" Seolhyun shouted back. So much for her first day of work.

 

 

"So, how's your first day?" Chanmi asked when she entered Seolhyun's room and found her older sister busy with her phone while lying with her body facing down on the bed.

 

"It's okay," she answered without looking up.

 

"What do you mean, okay? Stop being vague and tell me how it went!" Chanmi settled down on the side of the bed and sat cross-legged facing Seolhyun.

 

"Nothing much happened, really. But I had fun."

 

"And by fun, you mean getting star-strucked by a regular named Hyejeong?"

 

"ARRGGGH! Tell Yuna that when I see her tomorrow she's dead!" She turned the other way around and covered herself with a blanket.

 

"Come on, unnie, stop being so embarrassed about it! It's fine, to be honest. She's totally a chick. Yuna even flirts with her sometimes."

 

"You know her?" Seolhyun suddenly popped out from the blanket and sat upright to face her sister.

 

"I don't actually 'know' her. I've just seen her there a few times I was hanging out and waiting for Yuna. Now, let's plan on how you're gonna make it up to her."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"You didn't blend the whipped cream on her frappe, right?"

 

"Yeah. But why do I have to make it up to her? She didn't say anything, and besides, it was Yuna's fault!"

 

"Unnie! Can't you see? This is just an excuse for you to make a move, silly!"

 

Seolhyun looked at Chanmi and widened her eyes at her because she's being ridiculous. "I'm not crazy to do that! And I'm still new there, hello? Do you want me to lose my job not even a week into it?"

 

"Why not? I mean. I got super distracted with Yuna's dimples the first time she smiled at me behind the cash register that I immediately gave her my number and asked her to text me. That was her first day too!"

 

"That's different! You're the customer so that's not an issue. I'm the employee here!"

 

Chanmi wasn't listening to any of her older sister's excuses and kept talking. "I don't think she has a boyfriend. Or girlfriend." She placed a hand on her chin and raised her left brow while thinking. "I think I saw her eating some glazed donuts the last time I was there." She excitedly stood up and hit Seolhyun's arm lightly. "Make sure to give her some of that tomorrow and tell her it's on you, okay?"

 

"They're already teasing me enough during work, I don't wanna add up to it." Seolhyun started pushing her younger sister towards the door. "Just leave and go to sleep already!" She managed to get her out of the room and was about to shut the door but Chanmi stopped it and did a fist pump with her other hand.

 

"You have to do it, okay? Fighting!"

 

 

"Hey Seol, trade with me, my table 5 for your 8."

 

"What? Why? Yuna, table 5 is out of the path of my other tables."

 

"Just do it! You'll thank me later." She winked at her and grinned toothily. Seolhyun was about to ask why and what for but decided not to. She admits, Yuna's dimple is really quite distracting.

 

"Fine. Whatever. 8 ordered green tea frappe with hazelnut syrup as substitute, plus a slice of red velvet."

 

"On it!" Yuna said as she put the powder, syrup, and ice into the blender. "Don't make them wait too long!"

 

Seolhyun just shook her head and dug into her apron's side pocket for her pen and notepad. Halfway towards the table, she saw who was waiting and immediately recognized the girl from yesterday. It was Hyejeong. She looked back at Yuna and caught her watching and snickering after she scowled at her. She took a deep breath and went on towards the table while telling herself that she can do this.

 

"Hi! May I take your order?" She said with her cheeky smile that shows all of her teeth in a very charming way. Chanmi calls it the 'customer-service smile'.

 

Hyejeong looked up from her phone and was slightly taken aback. She's heard her voice before, but she didn't expect the girl would look this adorable when smiling. It was a totally different case when she was handing over her drink yesterday. That girl was cute (despite being a mess), but this one's next level irresistible—she just wanted to reach out and pinch her cheeks. She realized she's having a thousand thoughts running through her head again and stopped herself so she won't look like an idiot staring and placed her order.

 

"Oh, uhm... one mocha frappe with blended whipped cream, please," she said breezily with a smile. "You must be new here. I've been a regular for quite some time, everyone knows what my go-to drink is."

 

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that," Seolhyun said while scratching her temples. "I'll always be whipped for you."

 

"What?" Hyejeong was surprised, not just because of what the girl said, but also because she can feel herself start flushing at the moment. This girl has only met her twice but she already threw her off too many times.

 

"What? No! I mean, I'll always have the whipped cream blended for you," Seolhyun was so hasty in her words you could almost think she was rapping. "Anything else?"

 

"That's all, thank you." The response was fast as well. Hyejeong just wanted her to leave so she can compose herself and re-organize her mind. She's not used to being flustered like this. Usually, she has a pretty good grip on situations because of her foresight (she takes pride in it), that's why she always had something prepared to handle whatever comes her way. She started listing down the thoughts that she's been having since yesterday, and they turned out to be as follows:

 

1. The new barista didn't blend the whipped cream in her drink.

2. She was about to complain, but she stopped the barista in her tracks. That's never happened before.

3. The barista's cute.

4. No, ditch cute. She's more than just cute and she's way too adorable after Hyejeong have seen her cheeky smile today.

5. She has the hots for—

 

"Mocha frappe blended with whipped cream plus three pieces of glazed donut for Ms. Hyejeong," the barista in question interrupted her thoughts and broke her blank stare at the table, just as she realized that she's awfully attracted to the girl.

 

*a little while ago*

 

"What are you doing?" Yuna grabbed both of Seolhyun's hand holding the tray of Hyejeong's order. It shook for a bit but she was able to control her balance so that nothing fell to the floor.

 

"Unnie, watch it! What's wrong with you?"

 

"I only see a piece of glazed donut. You have to make it three!"

 

"What, why? Giving her one is too much already."

 

"One, three pieces stands for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter