Chapter 6 : The Red Moon’s Day

The Bride of Wizard King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red moon's day comes.

Grandma : Hurry to dress up! Ren will accompany you to go to visit your parents' grave today.

Youra : Grandma, you allow me to go, really?

Grandma : Yes but with Ren!

Youra : You'll go with me?

She turned to ask me and I just nodded. She became so happy and went to dress up.

-----

We were on train to the pagoda at countryside to visit her parents' grave. Today the environment is really awful by my eyes but human can't see. Tonight, red moon will appear and many people will be killed by those vampires. But it's out of my duty. I shouldn’t involve much. My duty today is to protect my bride.

Youra : You help me to beg my grandma?

Me : Kind of!

Youra : Thank you! But you really don't have to accompany me. I can go alone.

Me : You can't go alone. I don't let you go anywhere alone today. You've to be with me.

Youra : Why? (She seemed to become scared of what I said.)

Me : Nothing! I'm sleepy now. I wanna sleep. Wake me up when we arrive.

I tried to escape her question by pretending to sleep.

-----

We finally arrived. We took off from train and took a long walk to the burial.

As I entered the burial field, I could see a lot of spirit. Red moon's day is a day that all spirit, evil and vampires appear. They get special power today so some bad spirits are trying to harm human.

Youra : It's so strange. I feel so scared. Do you feel the same?

Me : Let's hurry to go to your parents' grave and go back home! We should arrive home before it's getting dark.

Youra : Okay... But Ren, why do I feel so cold? This is so strange. (I took off my long jacket to cover for her.)

Me : You're with me so don't be scared!

We continued walking and finally reached her parents' grave.

She started cleaning the grave then put the flower we brought on the grave.

Youra : Omma, Appa here I come! How are you doing? I miss you so much..... (She was showing her sorrow to her parents and crying so hard.)

I don't know why but lately I started to feel hurt inside my heart when I see her hurt.

Me : Youra, let's go back! It's getting dark soon. (I carried her to stand up as she looked so powerless and weak.)

..... : Please take care of our daughter, The Heir of Wizard! (Her parents' spirit suddenly appeared next to their grave.)

I didn't say anything just bowed to show that I agreed with their request then took their daughter to leave.

She kept crying along the way and I didn't let go of my hand from carrying her either.

Me : Stop crying!

Youra : I wish I could live together with them. I'm such a misfortune child. I was born and my parents died.

Me : It's not your mistake. It's destiny.

Youra : Ren, I need a hug. I need a hug right now. (She looked at my face with her tearful eyes.)

I wiped her tears and she hugged me tightly. I hugged her back and I never wanted this moment finish.

Suddenly her phone rang.

Youra : Hi Mooah! Ok I got it. See you then!

She hanged up the call and turned to me.

Youra : Ren, our classmates are celebrating birthday party for me. I can't refuse. So if you don't feel like going with me please go home first.

Me : No, Youra, let's go home!

Youra : I can't disappoint them. I've to go. (She became teary again.)

Me : I'll go with you. (I couldn't refuse her so I decided to go with her.)

-----

They went to a place called club. There is loud music and human kept dancing happily. They celebrated Youra's birthday. Many of classmates came including Jeonghan and that made me won't stay away from Youra.

Mooah : So you and Ren are living together?

Youra : We're staying in the same house. He's a grandson of my grandma's friend and he doesn't know anybody in Seoul so he comes to stay with us for temporary.

Mooah : Ah I see. That's why you often come to go school with him lately. We thought you both are already lovers.

Youra : No no...

Jeonghan : So Youra is available for me, right?

Everyone : Wow did you just confess to her? We're cheering for you. Jeonghan, Youra, Joenghan, Youra... (Everyone clapped and cheered for them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter