I never knew

I never Knew

Yong Junhyung was wasn’t the toughest guy in the school, nor the strongest. Not even the most suave. Yet somehow he seemed to acquire a characteristic within himself which would automatically lead you to assume that he possessed each and every one of those “I’m-better than-you” traits. And what was this characteristic in particular?

Yoseob asked himself this question every time he was near Junhyung. Soon, his curiousity grew. He thought about it even when he wasn’t near the guy. What made Yong Junhyung so unreachable?

Unable  to figure it out, and unsatisfied until he did, Yoseob planned to wriggle his way into Yong Junhyung’s heart  until he could finally get a closer look at the personality which captivated and confused him.

                                                                                            

~~~



“Atta boy.” Praised Junhyung with that crooked grin. That wonderfully crooked grin that Yoseob recognized every time he was right. Yoseob grinned back with smiling eyes.

Junhyung ruffled his hair. “I’m surprised you asked me to tutor you when you catch on so fast.”

“I don’t really…” Yoseob pouted slightly and rested his head in his hand. He pointed at the next problem. “See? I don’t get that one at all!” Yoseob exclaimed when he really did know the answer. In fact, he knew the answer to every single equation that Junhyung had been tutoring him for in the past three months.

Yoseob stared at Junhyung with his smooth hair. His perfect skin. Those soft lips…Yoseob’s thoughts trailed off.

Junhyung glanced at him with a slightly worried expression. “What’s wrong Seobbie? You look..” Yoseob’s head snapped up before Junhyung could say another word.

“Seobie..” He muttered. “You just called me Seobbie…” A blush began to invade Yoseob’s features and he bowed his head with a small smile, Junhyung chuckled and his eyes mingled with Yoseob’s, his face suddenly gaining a wistful expression.

Junhyung leaned in close. Closer than the two have ever been before. He blinked and his expression full of longing faded and was replaced with one of frustration.

He pulled away swiftly and stood up, shoving his chair into the wall and walked briskly out of the room.

“Junhyung!” Yoseob called out for him, but his only response was the sound of Junhyung’s footsteps echoing in the hallway as he ignored Yoseob’s call.

Yoseob didn’t care if he was ignored, it wasn’t in his nature to leave a friend when they were upset. He chased after Junhyung until he found him at a nearby park, sitting on a swing, kicking the gravel with a sigh.

Junhyung turned toward his direction, shooting Yoseob a small glare as he neared him.

“You think it’s funny or something? That I’m sitting here, letting my emotions get the best of me? I bet you’re thinking what happened to the  ‘cool Junhyung’. The one who’s suave, the one who’s never bested.”

Yoseob blinked. That’s not what he was thinking at all. He was worried. In fact, more worried than he has ever recalled feeling before.

Junhyung shook his head at Yoseob’s silence. “Damn kid, I was wrong. You’re not smart. You’re an idiot. A ing idiot.” His voice shook with emotion and he clenched his fists tight. He slowly got up from his seat to stand in front of Yoseob and look him directly in the eyes.

Yoseob looked away, feeling upset and insulted.  Junhyung grabbed his chin and forced the boy’s head towards his until Yoseob was soon captivated in his emotional eyes.

“I’ve..been hiding it..” His voice, barely a whisper, yet full of pent up feelings.

“Hiding what?” Yoseob spoke in a tiny, frightened voice.

“It’s not right..” Junhyung shook his head repeatedly. “I shouldn’t feel this way about you, dammit! I can’t even explain this feeling!”

“H-huh—“

I’m in love with you.”

Yoseob was breathless  at Junhyung’s words, but before he could respond, Junhyung continued. “I..I tried to hide it. Oh god, I tried so ing hard. But you make me feel….amazing. Yang Yoseob, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I’m never willing to let you go. When you smile, I smile back. When you laugh, god damnit, it just makes my day!"

But before Yoseob could say a word, Junhyung pulled him into a sweet, slow kiss that made Yoseob know. Suddenly, he knew that Junhyung was the one.

And it was during this kiss that Yoseob realized;  “Junhyung isn’t unreachable” he thought as Junhyung delicately on his tongue. “He’s unchanging. Although he seems indifferent, he cares. And he’ll always care.” 

Junhyung ended what he thought to be the sweetest kiss of his lifetime and stared at Yoseob with a soft grin.

“He’s like a pillar”  Yoseob grinned widely and Junhyung pulled him into a hug.

“But this time I know..he’s my pillar.”