.15.

La Vie En Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.15.

 

They rode the subway going home instead, as soon as they got off, unknowingly, the two stayed at the neighborhood park. They were sitting at one of the banquette bench placed near the playground. "Here," Jaehyun placed a bunched of snacks he bought at the convenient store across the street. "Thank you." She politely said, picking up the bread. Unconsciously, Jaehyun grabbed a banana milk from the lot as he poked a hole through it with a straw, before handing it to Haru, "Drink this." Haru stopped mid-bite as she immediately took it from his hand, their fingers grazing.

He didn't know how to start it, but it had been bothering him for awhile about how the way he acted at the shop back there. He felt that he said those words out of emotions. He gathered up all his courage, but Haru spoke first instead, "I'm sorry."

"Hah?" 

Haru continued, "You were right back there. I have a hard time talking to people I don't really know of. I wasn't avoiding you, I just didn't know what to say. And I was just suprised why you of all people wanted to go with me. I'm still a bit surprised now. Heck! I don't know why I'm here, hanging out with you at a neighborhood park, like were..friends." Jaehyun was shocked at her words as he bursted out laughing. Haru started to get confused at his sudden reaction as she turned around to see if there was something funny behind her. "I'm amazed. That's the very first time I heard you talk that long." He explained, still chuckling to himself as he looked at Haru, who was apparently confused. 

"And to think girls at school always fall for your charms, but they don't know that their prince is a quite a dork." She softly laughed, something that Jaehyun hadn't witness before besides being soft spoken. He somehow felt accomplished after hearing her laugh, but quickly retaliated when he realized what she just said about, "I'm a dork? Wait, are you teasing me?"

Haru shook her head a few times, not wanting him to get the wrong idea, again, "No, no, what I meant was-" 

"Yea, I get it. I'm sorry, too." Jaehyun somehow felt relieved finally knowing her reason to her actions awhile back. He thought he would spend the rest of the week loathing himself about it. "I guess we just misunderstood each other." He stated as she nodded in agreement. "Yea, I guess so." And within that moment, if Jaehyun hadn't turn her way, he wouldn't be able to witness what she did next. 

She smiled. 

Haru smiled. 

He can't believe it. He thought he was seeing things, but he was sure of it. Not the big, wide, show-the-pearly-whites kind of smile, but the conserved, tight-lipped smile. It was still a smile, considering how Haru had only shown her only one emotion this whole time he was with her. 

 

The two of them was supposed to go on separate directions, but Jaehyun insisted on taking her home since he was the one who led her to the park. The walk there was still quiet, but somehow lighter compared than before. He doesn't have this heavy weight on his shoulder, feeling pressured by the awkwardness of the atmosphere. And Haru was walking beside him now, but still maintained a fair distance between them. Still, Jaehyun felt the huge gap between them narrowed by a few inches. As they neared to where her street was located, he knew something was missing, there was this gut feeling ever since.

"I heard from Jinyoung that you just transferred this school year." Jaehyun started, a bit worried if it was the right moment to brought up the topic he had been wanting to ask.

"Yea, I did." Her short answer made him anxious as he tried his best to get the words out with offending her. 

"Is that why you were mostly alone in school?" He chose his words carefully as to not overstep the boundaries that had been there from the start. Haru sighed, "Maybe." Jaehyun halted to a stop as Haru kept walking. That's why the gut feeling felt familiar because he knew he was about to do something on a whim.

"Let's be friends then!" He stated, this made Haru noticed that he wasn't beside her anymore. Haru turned to him, the innocence on her face seconds ago was changed into a stern on. 

"Why?" 

"What do you mean 'why'?" Jaehyun was confounded by her question. He kept his gaze at her, waiting for her to answer his stupid question. She had her head down, her eyes closed as he noticed this is what she also did back at the bus stop. Was she counting? After a few seconds, she let out a long sigh, she looked up, meeting eyes with Jaehyun. She kept a grim face as she firmly said, "No." 

"No?" 

"No. I don't want to be friends with you!" She answered, her voice rising which startled Jaehyun. His thoughts were still processing by her words but he still insisted, "Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter