NINTH ENCOUNTER

UNEXPECTED

And so, and so. 

Each day that passed, Suzy and Myungsoo grew more close with each other. But somehow, it is so hard to find words to tell what was happening between the two of them.  Or to tell what was going on wrong why the two of them only remained friends. 

Some told Suzy that she somehow needs to change, a bit. Maybe she was still lacking in some way that is why Myungsoo wouldn't make the first move. 

Some told Suzy that if she really wanted to step up and be more than friends, she should make the first move. Does she look that desperate, is she?

Some told her, that it's just maybe, Myungsoo's not looking for a relationship at that moment. 

Despite the different circumstances her friends posted in front of her, she taught that it would be best if she would still remain true to herself. 

No inhibitions, just let things the way they are and be what happy for what she had. 

Everytime she and Myungsoo are together, or even if Myungsoo's not around, a smile would not fade from her face. There was an instance that in their school's sports festival, Suzy didn't notice Myungsoo in the crowd, and she was smiling brightly but when she saw Myungsoo in the crowd, she smiled shyly instead. Myungsoo, who looked woried due to her reaction when their gaze met rushed over Suzy and with a confused look, 

"Are you mad at me?", he asked her. 

"No, it's just-", Suzy didn't know how would she explain herself in that awkward situation, that maybe she herself isn't sure why was Myungsoo acting that way. 

"You were really glad, watching your class win, but when we saw each other, you're expresion didn't look the same like before."

"What do you mean, I am not mad at you ofcourse. Why would I?", Suzy said in a less serious tone. 

"So don't do that again.", Myungsoo exclaimed, like a child wanting attention. 

"Do what?"

"Don't frown. Don't you know that you're most pretty when you smile? Your someone who smiles so often and that is why I would always remember your smiling face.", 

"Ok?"- Did the word just stop, or was it Suzy's heart that stopped. 

That moment, Suzy found it so hard to believe that she still thinks that what she had heard was just from her imagination. 

"If he only knew that he's the reason why I am smiling."