FINAL

LOVE & BETRAYAL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"!!!!! !!! !!!!" screams Kim Sojung loud as she bangs the table fills with the laptops and all kinds of communication devices that connect her to all the police officers who are breaking inside the drug overload's safe house. She closes her eyes to calm herself down before she loses control and destroys all of the equipment.

Jung Yerin - the detective under Kim Sojung watches all of those efforts gone to waste and she is angry. She let out a sigh as she taps Sojung's shoulder. "It's alright! We'll get them next time."

Sojung turns her body and faces her most intelligent detective, "The next time?" asks Sojung and she smirks. "Did you see what happened? We thought we got a lead and then we went there just to find that it was a trap. An officer is injured. We got nothing. This operation has been running for a year. A goddamn long year. What do we get in a year, detective?"

Yerin looks away from the sharp gaze of her angry Captain. She understands how frustrating it is for everyone. They were busting their asses here and there just to get a lead on their target. She isn't sure if the Captain wanted an actual answer or not but hell she has to answer anyway, "Nothing but a dead-end, Cap."

"The next time will be another dead-end if we don't step up our game and think ahead of these motherers. You got me?"

Yerin gulps, she has never seen her captain being this scary. She has the right to. This operation takes a lot of their resources which leads to another dead-end. Not mentioning, the Deputy Chief is on their asses. "Yes, Cap!"

"Everyone! Wrap this up and get me all the reports on my desks tomorrow!" instruct Sojung as she begins to walks out from the compound. "Detective Jung, come with me."

Yerin listens to the order and follows her panic Captain outside, "Anything, Cap?"

Sojung crosses her arms, looking serious, "This is the third time they played us, Detective. I want to hear your thoughts."

Yerin stuns for a while, her Captain never asks for her opinion before. This only confirms that her Captain is completely lost. All of her majestic plans gone to waste. "Uhm...I think we need to consider the chances of a mole inside our team. They knew all of our moves and they played us. There is no way they could clear out the entire safe house in one hour, leaving no DNA and hint left. They might have heard the plan at least two days before."

Sojung agrees by nodding her head, "From now on, whenever you get a lead on something - you come to me and don't tell anyone and turns off the radio. We will move forward when we have everything under our hands."

"Anyone means...not even our friends and family, right?" asks Yerin making sure. The case is kind of big and everybody is curious.

Sojung gets attacked by her thought suddenly. It's no secret some pieces of information are sometimes being shared over with their partners and family to let out frustration but she never thought the possibility of a mole is there, "Yeah! Keep it between two of us!"

"Understood, Cap!"

"Get Detective Choi and forensic for the second opinion and let them examine the scene thoroughly."

Yerin looks puzzles somehow, "Detective Choi Yuna, your ex-girlfriend?"

"I needed help and honestly I'd rather face her annoying instead of Deputy Chief."

"Sure, Cap. I'll get the report ready by next week."

Sojung nods and she taps Yuna's shoulder, "Good work today. Have some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow."

Sojung goes inside her car and hits the steering wheel repeatedly just to let out her anger. After one long year having the Deputy Chief in her demanding results, she's not even close to capturing the drug overload. 

She dials her girlfriend's number looking for comfort and as soon as she hears the voice over the line, she gets a little comfort there. Her guardian angel is always there when she is on the verge of breaking down.

"Hello, stranger...."

"Hey...are you home?"

"No. I'm not home. I told you I'll be in the orphanage volunteering for 3 days." says the woman over the line.

Sojung chuckles, "Yeah. I just want to hear your voice."

"Hey, you okay?"

Sojung sighs, "Yeah. I'm fine. It's been a long day."

"Did you get them?"

Sojung pauses for a second, "No." says Sojung dissapointed.

"I'm sorry I can't be there for you right now but you'll receive a great surprise from me when I'm back." says her girlfriend giggling.

"Can't wait..." replies Sojung short. "I'm not going to keep you long, go ahead with what you're doing. Good Night." she continues before she hangs up the phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A long blonde-haired woman named SinB is eating her chips, eyes are judging the pink-haired woman who just got off the phone, "Surprise? The is that?"

"You perfectly know what it is..."

SinB puts down her chips and the sounds of her munching annoy the other person in the room. "Is she good in bed? You seem to love it more than you should." teases SinB as she raises her eyebrows. 

"Oh God. Please, don't talk about my life."

She laughs as she sees briefcases full of heroin and full types of equipment to cook-up the heroin. "Thank your girlfriend for me. We got to clear out the safe house and moves to this one because of her."

"Don't get too excited. They're going to be more efficient than ever. You should control everyone under you."

SinB laughs aloud, "Andromeda...relax. We will get away with it with the help of your girlfriend."

The woman named Eunha is not thrilled with what she heard from her friend's mouth. It's been a year for her to keep leaking information to her friend to save their asses and honestly it's tiring. "I can't keep doing this...SinB."

"What do you mean you can't? You're already in there, tapping their  phones, their radio frequencies, and dating the Captain so you can spy on her."

Eunha shakes her head. It was the plan until she realizes she's falling in love with the Captain of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. It tires her out when she has to lie to her girlfriend to saves her and SinB's multi-million drug company. It starts crumbling when she realizes she's falling in love with Sojung because Sojung shows her to live a life, being in a paradise and so many more."This is the last time, SinB. I can't keep doing this."

"Then just leave her...we can listen to them through radio."

"I wanna stop everything."

SinB stops smiling, "What's the problem with you, huh?" asks SinB followed by a long chuckle as if she was mocking Eunha. "Let me guess...You're in love with her. Am I right?"

Eunha looks away, escaping SinB's gaze. She doesn't need judgment from her childhood-friend now. "Is that funny to you?"

SinB nods her head, "Yeah...you never learn from your mistakes. Let me just throws some truths for you." says SinB calmly, her finger reaches another piece of chips and she munches them slowly. "In which universe, did you think you and her going to end up together happily? Let's circle back, all of your relationships failed and this one...it's no different. She's out of your league, Eunha. It will end up the same and again I'll be the last available rope you can grab."

Eunha hates SinB for throwing the truth in her face. Sojung is indeed out of her league and SinB is the only one she has, "My relationship is not your concern and I'm done for real. I just wanted a normal life, living without fear following you around."

"This is your...our normal lives."

"No... this is your world and certainly not mine."

"You made tons of money from this and suddenly it's not your world?"

Eunha leans forward, "I did this to help the helpless and you...you did because you love the adrenaline of riding this roller coaster. And maybe this is the only interesting stuff in your life."

SinB laughs in response to her best friend's insult. "Alright," says SinB and she lays her back with a big grin, plasters in her face. "I'll let you go with two conditions - You're gonna help set up the communication channels so I can keep listening to them and you're going to clean up the safe house in Incheon with the help of one my dwarf."

"Why would you want to clean one?"

"I don't have the time to manage the whole operation if you're gone and I have so much money. I don't know where to put them anymore," answers SinB. "And if your relationship with your beloved Captain falls apart, don't you ever come back to me."

"No problem," answers Eunha in instant. This whole time she was with SinB because she got nobody else and Eunha is ready to let go of her past.

SinB stands up from her chair and she leans forward towards Eunha. Her lips are places next to Eunha's ears, "I wish you a good boring normal life." whispers SinB.


---------------------------------------------------


Sojung and Eunha walk side by side at night, enjoying the cold wind hitting their faces together with the leaves falling from the trees. Their hands are intertwined with each other. Sojung eyeing the latter who can't stop smiling like a child gets their candy.

"Why do you like autumn so much?" questions Sojung.

"It's my favorite wheater. The temperature grows colder a little and daylight is growing shorter" answer Eunha still smiling. "I might start liking Winter."

"Why?"

Eunha stops moving to make the latter stops as well. She appears in front of Sojung, "Because you will wrap your hands around me during winter."

Sojung blushes and looks away from Eunha's gaze, "Eunha, where did you learn how to flirt?"

Eunha pouts her lips. "You don't like it?"

Sojung takes approximately 1 second to lean forward and capture Eunha's pouty lips. "I like everything about you," states Sojung. Sojung starts walking pulling Eunha closer to her. "I've been meaning to ask..."

"What?"

"How does moving in sound like?"

Eunha stops moving one more time, partly shocks, "Wait. You and I live together under the same roof?"

Sojung immediately stops her movement to faces her girlfriend. She nods her head a few times and she realizes it might be a very big favor to ask, "I'm not trying to freak you out...I'm only asking your thought."

Eunha is holding herself from saying yes. It feels wrong to move forward in their relationship when she's still lying to her in her face. She steps forward to wraps her free arms around Sojung's neck. "I'd like that but not now. I still have the stuff to take care of," says Eunha before she goes for another peck. 

Sojung smiles widely upon hearing her girlfriend's answer. She starts walking again while she holds Eunha's hand. "When you're ready, you can come anytime."

On the way home, Eunha's mind is only focusing on getting rid of the safehouse and cutting SinB o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter