Beginning

Hi, Hello.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started a few years ago, over a phone call with Brian, your cousin who is currently chasing his dream in South Korea, while you just finished your high school here in Canada.

"Should I stop going to college? This is so tiring, being a trainee and student at the same time" Brian sighed for the nth time from over the phone.

"Noooo! Don’t you even think about that. You’d be disowned by our grandpa, and I would be put in an awkward position" You jokingly threatened him. Brian just smile bitterly. You know he is having difficult time, and you want to make him slightly feel better.

“You know Bri, I even stopped dreaming to be a doctor. At least you still can be a musician. Don’t stressed to much, just bear with it a little more. You know, just enjoy if you can’t avoid it and wow we can be veey happy” You smiled to strengthen him, but a hint of your sad expression didn’t go unnoticed by him. You wanted to be a doctor, but because of family business, your family wants you to go to business school, and you already accepted it. In exchange, your parents would allow you to go volunteer wherever you want, as long as you can take care of yourself. It’s not like the cliché family which you don’t have your own freedom, It doesn’t matter whatever you -the grindchilds of Kang family- do, as long as you it doesn’t taint family reputation and you guys ends up taking care of business. Your older cousin already worked in a company though, its just the company has too many subsidiary and your grandpa wanted all the family take a part in the growth of company. Family asset, grandpa once said.

"Yeah, you’re right. Oowww where is my spoiled little cousin? She’s all mature

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter