Chapter 5 : My heart goes dujun dujun

I'm your star

Chapter 5 : My Heart Goes Dujun Dujun

 

 

It’s been 3 weeks since Yoseob didn’t came. Of course he is currently doing his work as a police.

You were told to take some props from the prop room upstairs. You carried the heavy box and on your way down until you forgot one step. You were about fall until someone stopped in front of you.

“Whoah~ Are you okay?”

You looked at the person’s face and it was Yoon CEO!

“Oh! Yoon Daepyo. Why are you here?” you asked.

“I took a day off and decide to come to the company. By the way, you’re the new staff right?” he asked as he took the box from you.

“Yes. I’m Yang Yookyung.” You said smiling.

“I heard a lot about you from the staffs and Yoseob.” He said

 

‘Yoseob?’ you thought.

“You did a very great job here.” He said.

“Thank you Yoon Daepyo.” You said as you bowed to him.

“It’s okay. I can carry the box. It’s my job.” You said

“And it’s my job to make sure my staffs are safe.” He said while he carried the box downstairs.

“Where should I put this?” he asked.

“Oh. In the meeting room.” You said.

“Are you being bullied? This is not a part of your job though” he said

“I’m not being bullied. My work is done so I decide to give A&R a hand” you said.

 

CEO Yoon put the box in the meeting room. “Well, we should have a dinner meeting then if it’s okay with you” he said

“Oh… I’m sorry Yoon Daepyo. I’m a bit busy this week.” You said.

“That’s the first time a staff declined the CEO though” he said

“No no it’s not what I mean. I mean….” You were trying to find words.

“It’s okay.” He said. “We’ll do it when you’re free okay?” he asked. You nodded.

“Well, Work hard! I should go now” he said as he bowed slightly.

“Oh! Yoon Daepyo! You look healthier than ever” said suyeon unnie standing near the meeting room door.

“Oh~ Suyeon-ah. You look like you’ve lost weight.” Said CEO Yoon

“Really~ I’ve been working out!” said suyeon unnie.

“I have to go now. Playing soccer with my boys” said CEO Yoon to suyeon unnie.

“See you later~” said suyeon unnie

 

You went towards suyeon unnie. “Unnie, you’re really close with all of them.” You said

“I am from CUBE though” she said. “Oh yeah. I forgot.” You said

“They’re like my family now.” She smiled.

“Come on, let’s have lunch!” said suyeon unnie.

 

 

Your POV

We went to a really nice restaurant for lunch. I had a sudden craving for Samgyetang though so I ordered it.

“Unnie, so like for the past years that you’ve worked with Highlight, you didn’t like fall for them?” I asked.

“Well, at first I was excited but the more I know them the more felt like a family.” She said

“Wow. I wish I can be you. Like freely talking to them. I’m so jealous.” I said

“You’ll get used to it. But I heard someone said they saw you and yoseob at the rooftop together before.” Said suyeon unnie

I coughed my samgyetang soup.

“Reallly… I don’t recall though” you said nervously.

“You guys have a ‘some’ or what?” she teased

“No way. CEO Yang won’t like me. Although he kind of know that I’m into him” I said

“That is the weirdest part. Usually, he would give a warning. But I guess you did a very good job. That’s why he hired you.” Said suyeon unnie as she continues to eat her ramyun.

“I wondered though… what is in his head. You know the day that CEO Yoon had to go to the military, he held a surprise event. Like a treasure hunt most likely. You have to find 12 Yoon Dujun in the premises or else you’ll get a cold until next year.” She said

“Really? He did that? He must be bored” you said

“CEO Yang is the type where, he would throw a surprise event for people that he cherishes. Despite him being stingy and all, he is very warm and also sensitive.” She said

“Does CEO Yang have a girlfriend?” you asked.

“Maybe or maybe not. I don’t know since he could be a little secretive.” She said

“But you know about the scandal news right? The one where he and his musical partner. That day he came to the office with a very angry expression. He didn’t even smile. He told us to respond to the media quickly. He told us that some of the fans were cursing the partner. He don’t know how the groundless rumors spread but he truly cares about other people’s career. He kept on telling no.” She said.

“To be honest, I was actually happy if they were dating although I was a bit sad upon hearing it but happy because he got to meet someone. But then ended up with a groundless rumor.” You said

“He is very sensitive when it comes to relationships.” Added suyeon unnie

“Why do you know so much though?” you asked.

“Of course the A&R gossipsss~ since they are close with all of them so I had to listen to their gossips once in a while.” Said suyeon unnie smiling.

“A&R sure knows a lot of things.” You said. “Yup! That’s why they are the best at keeping secrets.” She said

“I heard someone predicts 100% will date at the end of the year.” Said suyeon unnie

“Unnie! Don’t say weird stuff like that!” you said as you cupped your red face.

“100% of you actually want it to be true right?” she gave a smirk.

Of course I do.

“But I’m not his level. We’re just staff and employee. He won’t like me.” You said.

“Ok then, if you ever meet him again I want you to try this.” Said suyeon unnie and she whispered at your ears about her plan.

 

/

/

/

/

/

 

After lunch you head back to the company and continued your work. Everyone was doing their own work, discussions and meeting. As you thought, CEO Yang isn’t coming today.

 

Your POV

Man… I want to see his face though… his smile makes me warm. My work is almost finished. CEO Yoon is going to discharged from the military, plus we were busy on recruiting trainees this past few weeks. Once CEO Yoon is out, we’ll be much busier to plan a lot of things for CEO Yoon to show to Lights.

Finally I’m done. Early than I expected.

“Unnie~ I’ll be on my way now” I told suyeon unnie.

“All right see you tomorrow” she said

“See you guys tomorrow sunbaenim” I said goodbye to my sunbaes in the marketing department.

I went down the stairs and was greeted by Yoojung unnie at the receptionist.

“Bye see you tomorrow.” I said to Yoojung unnie as she smiled.

Oh no… It’s raining quite heavily. I don’t bring my umbrella though… I was looking around and saw a box at the side of the road near the company moving by itself. Weird. Although it was raining. I decided to see what is inside the box. I found a very old cloth that is a bit bigger than my figure near the recycled things to cover my body from the rain.

I went nearby, the box was upside down. So I push it upwards and saw a white cat, green eyes and a collar. Oh no, the owner must be looking for it. It’s cold oh no. It hissed me at first so I was scared I didn’t touch it. I closed the box back.

What should I do?.... I’m not familiar here. Should I just take it with me?

 

Yoseob POV

I was working out the whole day, after that I updated my IG Story for my beloved people. I took a shower and waited for Jaesun hyung to pick me up. I looked outside, man it’s raining heavily.

Good thing I bring an umbrella just in case Jaesun hyung didn’t bring any

 

>>>INCOMING CALL : JAESUN HYUNG<<<< (vibrates)

“Hyung, where are you?” I asked

“I’ll be there. It’s raining heavily though.” He answered

“Oh hyung I forgot that I left my fan letters a few weeks ago in my office.” I said

“Okay, I’ll be there in 5 minutes and we’ll head back to the company.” He said

“Okay” I said and hung up.

 

“Yoseob-ah, who’s the girl?” asked my gym trainer.

“Girl?” I asked

“The girl that you looked at your phone before you exercise” he said

“What? When? Why’d you saw it?” I asked.

“I was walking by your side, I guess you didn’t saw me because you were smiling.” He teased.

I DID? SMILE ALONE?

 

“Yoseob-ah, let’s go” said Jaesun hyung at the door. “Why? Why are your ears red??” he asked

“Nothing. “ I stand up and bowed to my trainer.

I really did that? Smiling? Looking at the picture? I’m not a ! Why did I smile?

“Man it’s raining heavily all of a sudden.” Said Jaesun hyung wiping his clothes with a towel in the car.

“Yoseob-ah. What’s wrong?” he asked

“N…N.. Nothing!” I said and grabbed the same towel to wipe my clothes.

 

 

Your POV

I should bring this cat home. Or should I call a police? I bet there’s a poster here or somewhere.

I tried carry the cat for a while to turn the box properly. I cover the box to make sure the cat won’t get wet.

“Excuse me. Who-“ I heard someone.

“Yookyung-ssi?” it was CEO Yoseob. His eyes widened.

“Daepyo-nim…” I said.

“What are you doing here in the rain? Your soaking wet.” He said as he covers me from the rain using his yellow umbrella.

I carried the box while the cloth still on my head.

“I found a cat in the box. The owner must be worried.” I said as CEO Yoseob took a peak in the box.

“I think this cat must be from this area. It won’t go far from its house.” Said CEO Yang.

“What are you thinking sitting here in the rain? At least you should bring him inside” said Jaesun

“I panicked” you said.

“I’ll call one of my police friends who’s in charge at this area. There must be a poster here at least, or they might know the neighbors here.” Said CEO Yang as he handed the box to Jaesun.

“Hello? Junsu-ya. Are you on duty? One of staff found someone’s cat. Do you perhaps know anyone lost its cat? White fur, green eyes and blue collar. Great! You know the cat? Okay I’ll send you my address.” Said CEO Yang on the phone and hung up

“Good news, he likes to play with the cat because he is in charge of night stroll in this area.” Said CEO Yang

“Ah chooo” you sneezed. “Excuse me.” You said

“Why don’t we get in the car first so you could warm yourself.” Said CEO Yang.

“Wait! Daepyo-nim. I bet it’s hungry. I’ll go to the convenience store for a while.” You said and run in the rain.

 

 

Yoseob POV

“Yookyung-ah! You don’t have an umbrella. Geez…. Hyung, take this cat in the car. I’ll go chase after her” I said.

Seriously Yang Yookyung. You’re drenched.

 

 

 

Your POV

I looked for the best cat snack I could find. After I paid for it, I was about to run my way back to the company. I felt a hand tug my clothes from behind. CEO Yang?

“You’ll get cold at this rate. Come on.” As he held up his umbrella.

“Daepyo-nim… Why are you here?” as we walked back to the company.

“I left my fan letters in my office a few weeks ago.” He said

“Why didn’t you bring the cat to a warm place, at least inside.” He asked

“I told you I panicked and didn’t know what to do. Glad you came at the right timing” I said smiling to CEO Yang and he looked away.

We walked to the company and head towards the car outside. Yoseob’s manager opened the car’s door. I gave the cat some snack that I bought. While CEO Yang held the umbrella for me.

I was looking at the cat eating until I felt something soft on my head. A towel? I looked at CEO Yang who’s behind me the whole time.

“It’s a clean towel that I always bring to the gym. In case.” He said.

“Oh! Junsu is here.” He said with a smile.

“Yaaaa~ Hyung. It’s been a while!” said Police Officer Junsu.

“How are you?” asked CEO Yang

“I’m fine~ I’ve got a girlfriend though” he said

“Nice nice~” said CEO Yang giving a thumbs up while one hand still holding the umbrella to make sure I didn’t get wet.

“May I see the cat?” asked the police

I bring the box closer to the police. “Oh! Ms Hayan~ Grandma must be worried!” said the police officer.

“This cat is the only friend that the grandma have. Why’d you wandered around alone?” he asked the cat.

“You must be close with the grandma?” I asked

“Yup! I always bring her food. She’s like my grandma now” said the police.

 

Yoseob POV

“Well I’ll be going now!” said Junsu.

I waved back at him. “Oh hyung! Fighting!” he said

“For what???” I asked. He pouted his mouth showing Yookyung who was busy talking with Jaesun hyung.

“HAHA.” I showed him my fist with a smile and he went back to the station.

Yookyung was about to go. I stopped her. “Where are you going Yookyung-ssi?” I asked

“Home.” She said.

“Yang Yookyung-ssi. It’s raining heavily. You’re drenched. Please at least you need to change your clothes.” I told her.

“But I don’t have extra clothes.” She said.

“We’ll stop by my house so you could change.” I said bluntly without even thinking. She was bright red and I realized what I said.

“J..J..Just for a while. Wait don’t sit yet.” I took a blanket at the back seat so she could sit on top of it. Since she is really drenched by the rain.

“You can sit here. Hyung, I’ll go get my letters for a while.” I said and Jaesun hyung closed the back door.

 

Your POV

 

Daepyo-nim’s house???? Am I dreaming? No way?

“This is a first.” Said Jaesun

“A first?” I asked

“He seems to care greatly for you.” Said Jaesun. My body feels hot all of a sudden.

“No way….” I said looking down.

“No no. I feel there’s a different vibe when he is with you. Or is it just maybe I’m getting old” said Jaesun.

Yoseob opened the front seat door. “Let’s go hyung” he said as he bring his yellow umbrella inside the car.

“Why can’t you just send me home?” I asked

“My house is much closer to the company than yours.” Said CEO Yang. I end my argument. I’ll just accept the fact that I’m going to his house.

 

After 15 minutes, we arrived.

“Now don’t be naughty. Call me if you’re done.” Teased Jaesun

“What do you mean by naughty?” said yoseob

“It’s okay Manager-nim I’ll just walk, it’s still early and the rain is about to stop anyways” I said.

“Okay then. See you tomorrow~” said Jaesun lively and drove his way to the exit.

“Let’s go.” Said CEO Yang without giving any eye contact.

 

We stand very far from each other in the elevator. Ding! The elevator stops at yoseob’s house level. We walked slowly to his apartment and he stopped.

 

Yoseob POV

Right. This is my first time bringing a girl to my house. There’s a bit of regret but maybe… excited? What! No Yang Yoseob.

“Yookyung-ssi. Just…. Stay here for a while” I said and ran into my apartment to make sure things weren’t very messy. Yanggaeng barked as he is excited upon seeing me home.

Okay. It’s clean. Breathe…. I opened the door.

“Come in.” I said as I gestured my hand for her to go inside.

She walked in slowly. “Sorry for the intrusion.” She said as she took off her shoes.

 

Your POV

Oh! Yanggaeng! Wait I can’t be too excited. Although it looks like Yanggaeng is calling me to hug him but no! I’m in CEO Yang’s house.

“Here. You should get change. I the heater for you.” He said as he lent his clothes and towel to me.

He showed me where his bathroom is. I went to the bathroom and tried the clothes. It was a big white t-shirt and some big shorts that I can actually fit by tying it properly. I look so small. His clothes. It wouldn’t hear to sniff right…. I sniff a bit of his scent. Woah! Okay stop it. I’m not a ert.

After I showered and changed, I went out from his bedroom and saw him sitting quietly on the sofa while holding Yanggaeng. He looked at me. “Thank god it fits you.” He said. “Have you ate dinner yet?” he asked

“Not yet.” I said. “Great. I’ll cook some ramen for us.” He said as he gets up and went to the kitchen. “Please make yourself comfortable.” He said.

“Maybe I should help?” I asked. “You should dry your hair first” he said as he points the hair dryer on the table near the tv.

My heart is beating fast like I ran in a marathon or something. I was drying my hair, my hair is actually a bit damaged and I have thick hair.

“Are you done?” he stand in front of me. “May I?” he took a bit of my front hair try to dry it for me.

“Your hair….” He had a serious look. “Is a bit damaged.” He said. “Don’t you go to the salon or something?” he asked. “ I don’t have much time for that” you said.

He kept scanning your hair and it softly to see your damaged hair. You realized how close you were because you felt his breath at your forehead. You both had eye contact.

“Oh! The water!” said CEO Yang and went to the kitchen.

Phew…. My heart almost dropped. I dried my hair and put it back. Yanggaeng was sleeping. I wanted to play with him though.

“Here’s your ramen.” He said as he put two cup ramen on the table in front of the tv. “This is my mom’s kimchi. It’s really good. Please try.” He said.

“Thank you for the food.” You said. You were very hungry plus you ate a lot of yoseob’s mum’s kimchi.

“The kimchi is really good! Oh no! It’s almost finish…” I said looking at the Tupperware.

“It’s okay. I have another one. Glad you enjoyed it.” He said smiling.

 

Wait…. This is the time where suyeon unnie told me to do. 10 second eye contact! If he looked away before it reached 10 that means CEO Yang is into me.

“Daepyo-nim.” I looked at him. Okay, start. We had eye contact. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8…..

He looked down closing his face with one hand. “Don’t do that. its embarrassing.” He said. Did he got shy?.... No way…

My heart is about to explode. Although I’m still unsure the technic is worth it or not. I need to go home.

“Looks like the rain stopped. I should go home.” You said to break the silence as you stand up.

“Should I take you home?” he asked.

“It’s okay. I can walk. It’s still early.” I smiled. “Thank you for your hospitality Daepyo-nim” I bowed 90 degree.

I went towards the door, I heard Yanggaeng barked. CEO Yang went to grab Yanggaeng in his arm. I was sitting down to wear my shoe. He squatted beside me while Yanggaeng in his hands.

“Oh! Yanggaeng-ah! See you later. Bye~” I said.

“Be careful” said CEO Yang and I nodded.

 

 

Yoseob POV

My heart is about to explode just now. “See you Daepyo-nim” she said as the door closed by itself. It’s weird how my eyes followed her until the door closed. Somehow, I want to see her again. Wait! Yang Yoseob! You’re crazy! She’s your staff!.

“Yanggaeng-i… What should I do?...” Yanggaeng my face. Of course. I took a deep breath and I took a glimpse at the window to make sure she’s okay. Unknowingly…. My eyes were glued to her. Get a grip Yang Yoseob! Wake up! Coffee! I need coffee!