Chapter 7: Broken Vow

Without You, I'm Nothing [Will Discontinue]

Lisa’s POV

When we went back to work the next day, the workload started to pile again. A lot of paperwork filled my desk, mostly about upcoming show proposals and approvals. It wasn't even lunch time yet but my head was already pounding. I asked Rosé to cover for me during the meeting that my dad arranged so I could rest for a bit but it only lasted thirty minutes so my nap was really cut short. The whole floor was buzzing with people talking on the phones or arranging some music. I couldn't wait for this day to be over, I just feel so tired. When the clock struck four, my father called on me and Rose’ so we headed to his office.

"I thought you already had a meeting earlier, why is he calling us now?" I asked as we went up the elevator and she just shrugged. We arrived at his office and he let us in so we sat down on the chairs in front of him.

"Lisa, Rosé , I called you two because Femme Fatale's manager Jisoo called and have decided to promote her album in Europe, New Zealand and Australia as well. I know you're producing her but I only need one of you to join them for a month. It's up to you two who goes with them because I know your workload here is heavy already." My dad told us and I got excited and sad at the same time. I haven't been to any of those places so I don't want to pass this opportunity but I don't want to be away from Rosé for a month. I looked at Rosé and I already know what's on her mind.

"Can we talk about it dad?" I asked while still looking at my girlfriend.

"Of course you can kid. I'll give you until Friday to think about it because one of you we'll be flying to Paris by Monday"

"Thanks dad" With that, Rosé and I left my dad's office and went back to ours. By the time we reached our floor, almost everyone had gone home which is normal coz it's usually me and Rosé who stays behind. We went inside my office and I immediately hugged Rosé .

"I know what you're thinking babe" I said as I snuggled on her neck.

i"You should go there with them LIsa. You're the head producer" Rosé responded with no hint of emotion in her voice.

"But I don't want to leave you here…and for a whole month! I don't think I'll survive being away from you anymore"

Rosé held my face with her hands then said, "Babe, this is not something we can argue on. Your dad said only one of us could go and it should be you because I know how much you wanted to go there. We'll manage being way for a month. We've already done that, remember?" I nodded. "So tell your dad that you'll be the one to go with them"

I hugged her tighter because I can't believe she's letting me go there. I mean, I've always planned to go there because she has (she's was born in New Zealand but grew up in Australia) but I can't help but think how I will ever survive without my one true love. "If that is the case I want you to spend the week with me. Stay at my place until I leave for tour."

She smiled then answered, "Anything you want babe"

After we talked, we decided to go home and spent every moment of the whole week.

The day of my departure came and I couldn't contain my emotions. Rosé was driving me to the airport but before we head there, I called for a meeting for my employees. We gathered in our conference room and made some announcements.

"While I am away, Rosé will be in charge and she will be reporting to me every day. I trust everyone to never give her a big problem, which I know you won't. Every approval needs to be done by her. I'm expecting everyone to do their best at all time. And lastly, I'm going to miss all of you"

Once they said their goodbyes, we headed straight to the airport where we had a quickie at the back of Rosé car before I went to my designated gate.

"We'll Skype or Face Time every night, okay? And I want you to message me every chance you get" Rosé just nodded while trying to hold back her tears. "I'm really going to miss you babe. I love you so much!"

"I love you more Lisa. Look, I don't want to sound like I don't trust you because I do and I know Jennie has changed but please promise me that if she ever does something like make a move on you, intentional or not let me know because I will not hesitate to follow you there" Rosé said as she hugged her tight.

"I promise babe. Nothing is going to happen" With one last kiss, Lisa went inside the gate and Rosé went back to her car.

General POV

One week passed and as promised, they updated each other every day. Sunday came and they planned to have a Skype session so Rosé got her laptop out, lit a cigarette while waiting for Lisa to pick up. She kept dialing but got no response; thirty minutes and a half pack of cigarettes later, Rosé decided to stop calling. She was a little pissed because Lisa was never late when it comes to their sessions. A lot of things ran through her mind but she tried not to think about it. She trusts Lisa and she knows she will not do anything stupid… or so she thought.

Halfway across the world, Lisa was on her way to a bar with Jennie, Im Nayeon, Park Jihyo, Yoo Jeong-yeon and Chou Tzuyu (or the girls of Twice). They were in a limo where they started their own little party. Jeong-yeon was giving out shots of patron; Nayeon and Tzuyu were taking pictures of them while Jennie and Lisa entertained them by singing along with the music inside the car. They still have the same chemistry they used to have especially when they sing so when a slightly drunk Nayeon said something to them, they both blushed.

"You two look cute together, why did you break up?" It was a question intended for Jennie so she looked at Lisa then answered, "It just didn't work out between us, besides she already has Rosé "

"Who isn't here by the way. We're in the city of love for crying out loud!"

It was Jihyo who spoke this time. Lisa felt herself getting red at what she said that she just remembered that she has plans with Rosé that night which she accidentally forgot because this was an unplanned night out. So she whispered to Jennie that she would like to go home but Jennie who saw as an opportunity for her to make a move, told her that Rosé will not be mad at her for missing one night. She didn't argue because she was right. They finally arrived at the bar and went to the VIP section where they ordered more drinks. The gang was having so much fun especially when they were joined by other celebrities like Kim Tae-yeon, Jessica Jung, Tiffany Young, Amber Liu and Krystal Jung. The girls were dancing on the dance floor and drinking endless shots that are being given by Nayeon who was wasted drunk already. Jennie and Lisa tried to be civil at first and just went with the flow but with alcohol in their system, knowing that both of them are drunks couldn't kept their hands to each other. They didn't realize they were kissing until Tae-yeon pointed the paparazzi in the crowd. They broke apart right away and looked at each other's eye and a hint of regret was showing especially from Lisa. She got scared that a photo of them kissing would come out. To think that she was supposed to be talking to Rose’, her girlfriend at that time. Her nerves were starting to overpower her so she excused herself for the bathroom where Jennie followed her.

"Hey what's wrong?" she asked. Lisa was leaning on the sink with her hands on her face.

"What happened earlier?" it was a rather stupid question.

"You well know what happened Lisa. It's not as if someone forced us to do it" Jennie responded.

Lisa balled her fist. "How can I be so stupid?! No offense Jennie but I really shouldn't have kissed you. It was a mistake. This was a mistake!"

"Tell me I'm wrong but I know you enjoyed it as much as I did because if you didn't, you would have stopped me when I made the first move" Jennie said smirking.

Lisa was pacing back and forth now. "! What if Rosé finds out? I mean, I can't let her know about this one. I don't want to hurt her" She was on the verge of crying so Jennie approached her and held her. "To be honest Lili, you already did. Knowing Park, no matter how hard you hide it, she would still find out or would notice that you're hiding something from her"

"What should I do?"

Jennie hugged her then said, "Let's just enjoy the night. You're kinda ruining the mood, you know that? And for sure, they're already looking for us so let's go back out there and get even more wasted" with that, Jennie offered her hand and Lisa took it and they made their way back to their friends.

"If Rosé wasn't in the picture, do you think we would still be together?" Jennie asked as they made their way back to their hotel rooms. Lisa just shrugged before putting the card key for her door. They said their good nights and went inside their rooms. Jennie immediately removed all her clothes and went straight to the shower. After an hour, she stepped out, changed into some clothes, got her guitar, her pen and pad and her cigarettes and stepped out on the balcony. She started writing down some words to express her feelings then put on some melody with her guitar and tried singing it.

I sit by the window where cold air rushes by
And I still think of you as I look to the sky
Helplessly foolish no matter how I try
Cause even the seasons could change, so why can't I?

They say that there's no point in the regrets
But I know I'll still think of you (I was wrong)
If ever I see you again I'll
Smile as if nothing has happened

For you, I'm okay with the pain
Because I know of when I was with you
All the pain I have put you through
But you, the kind of love you want
I want you to be happy, but honestly I
Hope not, to where you will forget me

Tonight I just lay awake under the moonlight
But no matter how long I wait, you won't come back
No stranger to the loneliness embracing me (embracing me)
I'm feeling the empty space where you used to be

They say that there's no point in the regrets
But I know I'll still think of you (I was wrong)
If ever I see you again I'll
Smile as if nothing has happened

For you, I'm okay with the pain
Because I know of when I was with you
All the pain I have put you through
But you, the love that you deserve
Want you to meet somebody, but honestly I
Hope not, to where you will forget me

Yeah yeah, yeah yeah
(You will forget me)
Yeah yeah, yeah yeah
Yeah yeah, yeah yeah
(You will forget me)
Yeah yeah, yeah yeah

I can't forget about you, so I'm still here

For you, I'm okay with the pain
Because I know of when I was with you
All the pain I have put you through
But you, the kind of love you want
I want you to be happy, but honestly I
Hope not, to where you will forget me

After singing, she was startled when she heard someone clapping so she turned around and saw Lisa by the door.

"How did you get in here?" Jennie asked as she placed the guitar down.

"I requested for a spare key for your room when we got here. Was that a new song?"

Jennie nodded. "It's beautiful"

"Thanks. Why are you still awake? I thought you were sleepy already?"

Lisa approached her and sat on one of the chairs. "I couldn't really sleep. I kept tossing and turning but nothing. My eyes are tired but my mind just wouldn't shut up"

Jennie took one long drag and puffed the smoke out. "Me too, that's why I decided to write a song. The lyrics have been on my mind for a while now, only now did I decide to let it out. Were you able to hear all of it?" Lisa nodded; she already knew who the song was for. It was for her.

"Would you like to sleep here Lili?" She offered hoping Lisa would agree; she can see Lisa hesitating but gave in anyway so Jennie thought this would be too easy for her to get in her pants, again. It was already four in the morning but it's a good thing they don't have much planned for the day so they can sleep in. Lisa was fast asleep when they lay down and even if Jennie was sleepy as well, she took some time to watch her ex girlfriend sleeping so peacefully beside her and thinking of ways to get her back.

Rosé’s POV

I didn't get enough sleep last night because I kept waiting for Lisa to even send me a single message that she cannot talk to me instead of letting me wait for nothing. This is so unlike her. I get that she's excited because she's finally in Europe but she promised me that no matter how busy we become, we would Skype or Face Time each other. When I went to the office that morning I was not in a good mood and everyone took notice of that because normally I'm the cheerful one. I went straight to Lisa’s office, not even bothering to greet them, and went straight to work. I checked my email and found one message from an unknown sender. I opened it and saw a simple question:

"Want to know the latest JenLisa scoop?"

-?-

I contemplated if I should respond or not because this might be a hoax so I closed it and continued reading the other messages. It was a slow morning and only had a few people asking for approvals so I wasn't stressed out. When lunch time came, I decided to meet up with my friend Wendy who sometimes do photo shoots for our artists. I went to our meeting place and waited for her to arrive. After ten minutes, I saw her walking through the door so I waved at her.

"Hey Wan, how are you?" I asked as she sat down. She removed her sunglasses and put it in her bag before answering her friend. "Oh you know, same old . I've been planning to buy this small lot near my house and convert it into a new studio but I've been saving my money to buy a ring for Irene"

The waitress approached us and gave us the menu. "Holy ! You're proposing? When? Where? How?" I responded quickly.

"Whoa. Calm down Chaeng. I haven't decided yet as to where I'll do it but knowing Irene, she would want somewhere memorable so you and Lisa better be there. Where is she by the way?"

My mood changed again. "She's in Paris…with Jennie"

"I'm sorry did you just say they're together in Paris?"

"Yep, that's what I said"

"Did I miss anything? Did you guys break up? Give me the deetz, Chaeng"

I sighed making her raise an eyebrow. "No, they're promoting her album in Europe. One of us had to go with them since we are producing her music. I knew Lisa wanted to go since I have already been there I told her to tell her dad she'll be the one to go. It seems like she's having fun coz she forgot our session last night"

"Session? Okay, I don't want to know about that" Wendy responded as the waitress went back and took our orders.

"Normal conversations over Skype Wannie. And I don't ever plan to share 'our" stories with you

"You don't think she's cheating on you right?" Wendy asked and I shook my head. "Then maybe she was just tired that she fell asleep"

"Wannie, you know that I trust Lisa but who I don't trust is Jennie. She's a sneaky little "

"I thought she's changed" she asked.

"Yeah but I still don't trust her" My phone vibrated and saw that Lisa was calling me.

Lisa: Hey babe, I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer last night. We went around the city and got really tired. We didn't even use a car! I miss you already.
Me: I understand babe and I miss you too. I'm with Wendy right now having lunch.
Lisa: Say hi for me. Anyway, how was your morning?
Me: It was a slow one.
Lisa: That's good then. We'll be going to the venue for the show tonight so I can't stay long, okay? Then on the next 3 weeks, we'll be travelling to London, Madrid, Auckland, and finally Sydney.
Me: Wow! That's a pretty busy schedule babe. Are you sure you'll be okay handling that?
Lisa: I'm used to busy schedules babe, what I can't handle is you not being here with me.
Me: Patience babe. I promise I'll make it up to you when we see each other.
Lisa: I can't wait babe. Anyway, I have to go babe. Skype later?
Me: Sure babe. Just let me know what time you'll call. Love you babe.

After our phone call, our food came just in time and Wendy and I spent the rest of the time to catch up until we had to go back to our office. When I stepped out of the elevator, the other employees were whispering to each other and some of them just stared at me. It went on until the end of the day and when everyone had gone home, I stayed behind like always. I opened my mail once again and the same message that was sent earlier sent me another one so I replied yes to whoever this person is and after a few minutes, I got a reply; but it wasn't a message, instead it was a link so I clicked it.

Lisa sent me a message that she will be calling me at eleven o'clock so I got my laptop out and waited. I was still in a state of shock with what I just saw earlier. I was thinking of confiding it with Wendy but I want to know the reason why Lisa lied to me about her being tired and sleeping; she slept with her ex. I planned to act like I was not affected by what I received so to numb myself for the pain I'm feeling especially that I will be talking to her, I bought two bottles of bourbon and drank straight from the bottle. My vision was starting to slur but I fought through it. At exactly eleven, I saw Lisa calling me so I took a deep breath then answered her call.

Lisa: Hi babe!
Me: Hey, how was your day?
Lisa: Tiring but everything went smoothly. Babe, are you okay? Are you drunk or something?
Me: (lifts the bottle of bourbon and showed it to Lisa) Yep, I just felt like drinking tonight.
Lisa: Any particular reason babe?
Me: Nah. Oh by the way, Wendy’s planning to propose to Irene. She hasn't bought the ring or anything but she already has a plan.
San: Really? Wow, it's about damn time anyway. They've been together for five years now.
Me: I know. That could have been us you know? If only I wasn't such a coward, we would have been married now with a baby on the way which of course you will be carrying.
Lisa: You're not a coward babe, I am. I was scared that if I acted on what I really felt about you that it would end our friendship so I chose to keep it to myself and turn my attention to other people. But Chaeng, becoming your girlfriend is the greatest feeling in the world. I'm just so lucky to have you in my life.
Me: Ditto.
Lisa: Are you sure you're okay babe? It sounds like you're not in the mood to talk to me.

I was contemplating if I should tell her or not because I know if I don't let it out, it will consume me. It'll eat me up slowly up until Lisa comes back home and we talk about it face to face. Or I'll tell her now and see what happens next.

Me: Nah. I think it's just the alcohol really kicking in.
Lisa: Babe, I know you like you know me inside and out. What's wrong?

I took a sip from the bottle then lit another cigarette.

Me: You really want to know what's wrong?
Lisa: Of course.
Me: Someone sent me these photos earlier. It was taken last night. (I opened my email and forwarded it to Lisa). When you're done looking at it, please, I'm begging you; explain to me what I should think of it.

It took only two minutes as I watched as Lisa’s expression changed and tears started to form from her eyes which only confirm everything. My tears started to fall as well.

Lisa: Babe, I- I'm sorry.
Me: How could you Lisa?! I trusted you not to do exactly that or at least have the decency to stop her attempts on you. But you did nothing!
Lisa: I d-did try to s-s-stop her but we g-got so drunk and wasted. I couldn't c-control my actions. Babe, I don't mean for you find out this way.
Me: Why? Did you ever plan on telling me?

She didn't answer and I knew why; she had no plans on telling me about it. Silence enveloped us and the only thing happening was both of us crying. I can feel and see her regret as she cried her heart out but you can't blame me for feeling angry which I've never done before towards Lisa. But this, this was over the line.

Lisa: Chaeng, you know that I love you right?
Me: I'm finding that hard to believe right now Lisa. You lied to me by telling me you got tired from walking around the city and now you can't even answer my damn question!
Lisa: I just thought I'd let you know once I come back, you know. To talk to you face to face. I thought I'd buy myself some time to prepare myself for whatever will happen.
Me: You didn't think anyone was watching you, huh? Well, I hope you really think this thru because I…I…I think we need a b-break.

With that, I stood up and walked away from the screen where I can hear Lisa begging on the other end. I never really thought this would happen to us but it did. I love Lisa so much and hope to marry her one day. But this is really hurting me right now. Maybe this time apart will give us both time to think this through because she's the one for me. She still have three more weeks before she gets back home and by then, I hope, we're ready again. But if not, I don't know what's going to happen.

============================================================================================

A/N: Song used: Hope Not by Blackpink