Chance

Chance

 Song Ji Hyo got home pretty late from her shoot of her latest drama and when she opened the door of her apartment what caught her attention is the man in the couch sleeping soundly. Her heart fluttered; she was not expecting what she saw. As she tiptoes to get near, there were flowers in the next chair. Teary eyed she stared at the muscled man sleeping. Kim Jong Kook. He must have waited long and eventually fell asleep. She kneeled to get closer to Jong Kook. She missed him so much. Missed him having him around in her apartment. Though they see each other weekly during Running Man filming it’s just different when they can be themselves. It’s been difficult the past few weeks. They haven’t been talking to each other. Avoided each other. There were so many instances that she wanted to call him or talk to him but because she’s been too busy with both filming and promotions of her movie ti has never materialize. She didn’t expect him making the first move because Kim Jong Kook can be stubborn too at some point. And now that he is here, she appreciates him and love him more. She smiles as she thinks about love. Yeah, she is definitely in love with this guy for the longest time but just too afraid to admit it to herself. She lightly touches his hair not wanting to wake him up. Her tiredness gone just looking at Jong Kook. Working and filming Running Man lately has been so awkward for everyone. But especially for them both. They were both used to be there for each other with or without the camera. Their attempt to give each other time and space and figure out what they feel for each other had taken its toll for their work and their friendship or relation whatever it is called since both haven’t put any label to what they have. Hyo just stayed like that looking at Jong Kook. And thinking and making decisions before he wakes up.

 

Jong Kook has been so restless for weeks now that it is showing even in front of the camera. Simply because he and Ji Hyo decided to give each other space to think about their situation. They’ve been seeing each other for a while now, but have to keep it a secret from other people, to avoid complication. The no label thing is already a complication and they don’t want more burden. Though their actions speak volume they just both didn’t wat to confirm anything. He is definitely very fond of Ji Hyo; he can’t think of anyone he wants to be with everyday and probably grow old with. And the weeks that he can’t even touch her was pure hell for him but they both wanted to give each space and enough time to think. Damn that space he thought once while he was seeing Ji Hyo starting to lose weight again because of her filming schedules. He would wonder if her staff is giving her enough rest and supplements so she remains healthy. He wanted to personally take care of her because she is a hardworking woman and sometimes, she forgets to take care of herself. But because of their agreement he has to restrain himself. Using Se Chan and Kwang Soo just he can make sure she remains healthy he sends food and vitamins thru them without letting Ji Hyo know the truth. Both didn’t question why he doesn’t want to give it to Ji Hyo personally, they were just happy to take care of their Noona and make their Hyung happy.

 

Kim Jong Kook was still sleeping when Ji Hyo in a rush had to change shirt since the one, she is wearing is starting to feel itchy. She wanted to take a bath but she wanted to be there when Jong Kook wakes up. She was able to transfer the flowers in a vase and is now in the coffee table in front of him She isn’t really fond of flowers but looking at it now she thought flowers isn’t a bad idea after all. And knowing Jong Kook making an effort and being sweet means a lot to her.

 

Her scent woke him up. She was lying down next to him in her couch. He didn’t even notice her when she came in. He was very tired and fell asleep. He was thinking she wasn’t working that’s why he took the chance to see her and once and for all clear things with her. Plus, he misses her terribly. He can’t stand it anymore not doing the things they used to do before, not being with her, not being able to take care of her. The apartment was quiet and empty when de decided to just punch the code when after several attempt to use the doorbell wasn’t being answered. The all too familiar scent made him smile when he came in. The first thing he did was to check her cabinet and fridge if there was food and groceries. He was disappointed when it’s almost bare. They will do grocery once they settle the issue that they are having. The sweet scent made him smile and wondered if she is awake or asleep. Slowly he put his hands around her and giving light kisses in her hair. She stirred and held his hands, like his it was a bit cold and clammy. Both nervous and well, excited.

 

“I miss you, Ji Hyo-yah. So much “he whispered, hugging her tightly.

“I miss you too, Oppa. Very much. And I was very happy seeing you when I arrived” she replied in a soft voice holding his hands tight as well.

“Let’s not do this again, please. It’s driving me crazy”

“Yeah. No more like this. “

 

Ji Hyo turned to look at him, and he gave her a long kiss in the forehead and they both hugged each other.

 

“I know it’s scary but the past years has proven that we will be okay. We have each other and we will always have each other” Jong Kook said looking straight into Ji Hyo’s eyes who is starting to be watery. “ I realized that I can’t just stand it not being with you.” He added, Ji Hyo nod in agreement. “We both had a difficult past when it comes to relationship and I understand that, we take this one day at a time

just like the past years. But let us not allow each other to wallow in the thought that this will not work, okay? Because it will work”. Ji hyo was just listening intently while he was explaining himself. “We have to believe in each other and support in each other. I will not say things will always be smooth. We will have bad days and better days. But I will make sure we will have more good days, okay?”

 

“ Oppa, am sorry for giving you a hard time. It’s just that I wanted that you know what you are feeling exactly. We are old enough and you know I feel like we have given this a go or we just remain friends. That’s just the two options. I know we should have cleared this long ago but during those times deep within me I know and feel like there’s no one else who can make me happy and you know, I can share my best and worst days but with you only “ Ji Hyo was playing with his hair while saying this and he can only smile and agree with what she was saying. “We take this one day at a time just like in the past, right? And also, we both have to agree in this. But I am not sure if you will like it “Ji hyo was smiling now, and Jong Kook was a bit puzzled to what she was saying. “ Oppa, let us relax when we are in front of the camera okay? Like if you want to get near me go ahead or if I don’t want to be near you will be fine and not get mad after” “Why don’t you want to get near me?” Jong Kook asked frowning and Ji Hyo laughed loud “I knew you’ll say that. Oppa, we have to trust each other, you know what I mean? We always that trust ever since but let us more trust each other, okay? Like we may not be together all the time, know that no one will replace you in my life and in my heart. You get me? ““But I want us to be together always, Ji Hyo-yah. Don’t you know how difficult the past months for me. It’s just good that I was busy” Ji hyo can’t help but cry with what Jong Kook said. It’s been hard for her too. Sleepless nights and fear that he might change his mind or realize things about them or worse he might like another woman.

 

Listening to him made her realize how much they wasted because of the fear that they might be just like the people in their past. Too afraid to take the chance to admit what really is the feeling they have for each other. They were both scared of their past that’s why they never acknowledge that deep feeling they have for one another despite of being too intimate with each other. And now, they finally had come to agree on it with out any doubts. Two accomplished individuals and with strong personality yet very afraid to take the chance in the name of love. Scarred from the past. But now ready to take the fate and make things work.

 

“ Ji Hyo-yah.. may I ask you something? “ they were both facing each other now sitting down.

“ Of course.. what is that Kim Jong Kook? “ they both laugh.

“ Will you officially be my girlfriend? I know this is late but, will you be my one and only girlfriend? “

“Yes! Yes of course my now official boyfriend” and they seal it with a deep kiss and a tight embrace.

 

Both have that glow in their faces. Very happy. It’s been delayed for years but still they felt it’s still the best time for them to finally let go of the bad memories they had in the past. And take this chance to build a strong relationship of understanding and accepting each other’s individuality. No more longings and fear that they might be rejected or they might have a change of heart. Because they have proven to each other that they are really important and that both are the only one who can make each other happy.

 

“I miss you so much Song Ji hyo. You just don’t know how I was spending my days without being able to talk to you and see you as much as I want and being able to take care of you. Let’s not have this realization thingy in the future, okay”

“ Awwww, so sweet of my Oppa. I feel the same way myself. But don’t worry we have all the time to make up for the lost time we had.”

 

Looking at Song Ji Hyo beaming at him, made him thank himself for deciding to give it a go to see her and end the separation and clear things once and for all. He was pretty worried that she will not like it but it was like now or never. Adding to his burden was when no one answered the door, he thought at first that she avoided him. But look at it now, the woman in his life is right in front of him hugging me tightly. The first deal is done and he can’t wait for the next and final deal in the coming months.

 

Ji Hyo was hugging Jong Kook and never want to let go. If not for her busy schedule she probably had gone crazy with the longing of him and torturing herself in pretending that she is fine when deep inside she is in pain. There were times during the filming when he is near that she wants to hold his hand and feel that warmth and the feeling of being safe with him. But she has to hold back to give him a clear vision of what he feels towards her. And partly she is happy that they did experienced that because now both of them know what they feel without each other in their lives. But at the same time, she doesn’t want to go back to that feeling of being ignored and acting like total strangers in front of many.

 

“ Did you wait long here, Oppa? You were sleeping soundly when I arrived and I didn’t want to disturb you”

“ Yeah. Plus I was too tired today from our filming. But the best feeling is still waking up you next to me” “ And you hugging me “ “And feeling your warmth”

They were in this exchanging of sweet nothing, when Ji Hyo’s stomach noise.

“ Ya! Song Ji Hyo you skipped meals again. Goodness this is what I was afraid of, you not taking care of yourself. You don’t even have decent food in your house. Are you even taking your vitamins? You look pale and you lost weight “

Ji Hyo pinch Jong Kook's face to stop him from talking and kiss him on the lips to keep him quiet.

" Oppa, you are nagging again but I am glad you are. I miss it so much and it doesn't change my love for you. You can nag but not everyday, okey? "

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------