Joke or Not a Joke?

April Fool's Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, all! April Fool’s Day today, and this random story just popped into my head.

Enjoy!

Erin wrung her hands nervously. She clasped them together. Then, she unclasped them.

Repeat this process about a few hundred times.

To say that she was stressed was a great understatement. She was beyond just being stressed at this point. She actually might be close to hyperventilating.

“Will you calm down?”

The annoyed voice of the evil maknae pulled her from her panicked thoughts. Erin glanced at Kyuhyun, who was watching her with slightly concerned and mostly irritated eyes.

“What’s bugging you?” Kyuhyun questioned.

She just sighed and shook her head.

She was currently in the Super Junior dormitory waiting for her boyfriend, who had been away due to schedules, to return. As she waited, she just hanged out with a few of the Super Junior members who were currently at home. They were all together in the living room, watching a movie. Finding Nemo, which was of course chosen by a certain fishy Super Junior member.

Normally, Erin, unlike most of the Super Junior members, liked the movie and enjoyed rewatching it with Donghae. However, today was different. She had to do something important today. She was nervous as hell, and she was unable to concentrate on the movie. Heck, she couldn’t even stay still! And yeah, she was annoying the evil maknae with all her fidgeting.

“Something wrong, Erin?” Ryeowook now asked. Unlike Kyuhyun, he looked at her with genuine concern. 

She forced a smile. “I’m fine, oppa,” she said, lying through her teeth.

She should really feel bad about lying, but she couldn’t just tell them what was really “bugging her,” after all. Not when she hadn’t even told her own boyfriend yet.

She had only learned of it a few days ago. And since then, she’s been driven out of her mind with panic. Worse, her boyfriend was away, doing shootings abroad for a week. and she couldn’t tell him right away; it wasn’t the kind of thing that you just spring on someone through a text message or even a phone call. 

Or maybe her boyfriend being away when she found out was a good thing? After all, she had been freaking out and didn’t have the slightest clue on how to tell him. So, maybe it was a good that she had a few days to think and plan on how to tell him before he returned to Korea.

But then, those few days didn’t do her much good. Her boyfriend was already returning today, and she still hadn’t thought of how to tell him!

The news itself was already making her panic; the prospect of telling her boyfriend about it just added even more to her panicking.

Just then, Erin was distracted again from her panicked thoughts when the diva snorted.

“You can’t lie to save your life, Erin,” Heechul drawled from his armchair on the other side of the room.

Erin pouted. Was she really so transparent?

“Not helping, hyung,” Ryeowook shook his head at the second oldest.

Sungmin, who was sitting beside Erin, wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “Hey, whatever it is, it will be fine, okay, Erin?”

The bunny lover, like the rest of s, could tell that something was bothering his hyung’s girlfriend. Sungmin respected her privacy, and if she wasn’t ready to tell them what was bothering her, he would respect that. In the meantime, he would just have to let her know that they’re there for her whenever she needed them.

Erin smiled a bit and nodded.

She knew that she really should just grit her teeth and tell her boyfriend about it when he arrived. But the news was big, and it was going to change their lives. She wasn’t even so sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing. The significance of the news was even greater when your boyfriend was Kim Jongwoon, more commonly known to the world as Yesung of the famous K-pop group Super Junior. It was already complicated dating an idol; news like this would undoubtedly make their lives more complicated, especially when your boyfriend was a famous person.

Yes, she knew that Yesung loved her, but this was another matter entirely. Were they even ready for this? How would Yesung react? Her panicked thoughts never really stopped since she found out.

However, Sungmin’s words helped her calm down a bit temporarily. 

But that temporary calm was very much short-lived.

Just a few minutes after Erin had finally relaxed against Sungmin to watch Marlin and Dory traversing the ocean to find Nemo, they heard the front door open.

Knowing who it probably was, Erin’s heart started beating fast again.

Sure enough, just a few moments later, Yesung was there at the living room’s entrance with his many bags. Multiple shouts of “Hyung!” came from around the room. Yesung found himself being squashed in the middle of his dongsaengs, all of whom were trying to hug him.

The only ones who hadn’t stood up were Erin, who was in full panic mode again, and Heechul, who was a diva and was of course waiting for Yesung to come and greet him.

Which Yesung did once he managed to extract himself from his excitable dongsaengs.

“Hey, hyung!” Yesung smiled. “How are you?”

“Fabulous as usual, Jongwoon-ah.”

After having finally greeted all his present members, Yesung turned to the person whom he most wanted to greet.

The last week of March had been hectic for Yesung. His schedule was so full that it wasn’t even funny… or believable. His schedule had been so unbelievably full; it was unbelievable that he had been able to do that much work in just a week’s time… He had been abroad for the past week, and he was now only able to return when April had begun. Yet he somehow managed.

He was home now and with his loved ones, and that was what mattered.

He sat next to his girlfriend, who, he noticed, was acting a bit odd, just being quiet. He pulled her into his arms and gave her a tight hug.

“Hey, baby,” he greeted her, pressing a kiss on top of her head.

Erin forced herself to smile, wrapping her arms around Yesung and returning his hug.

Being next to Yesung made Erin feel so torn. On one hand, Yesung, as usual, had a calming effect on her. He immediately made her feel warm, safe, and secured. On the other hand, being next to Yesung now meant that she would have to tell him her news very soon, which made her panic even more.

Yesung successfully distracted her, though, when he pressed his lips against hers.

In that moment, nothing mattered other than their kiss.

“Yah!” the evil maknae of course had to ruin the moment. “Get a room, you two!”

“No, no,” Heechul snickered. “Stay where you are, and keep at it! I, for one, am enjoying the show.”

Anddddd Heechul did a better job of ruining the moment than Kyuhyun did. Yesung and Erin pulled away from each other, both red in the face. As the members continued to tease and, eventually, ask Yesung about his trip abroad was, Erin settled against Yesung, still trying to think of how to tell him. 

Well, for starters, she very well couldn’t do it here, right in front of s, could she?

“Hey, oppa,” she said quietly to Yesung after a while. “Can I talk to you for a minute?”

Yesung looked down at her. “Yes, of course.” He stood up and pulled her up as well. “Let’s talk in my room. I need to unpack my stuff anyway.”

And the couple grabbed Yesung’s bags and, together, made their way to Yesung’s room, with the evil maknae shouting at their backs “Make sure that you actually get something talking and unpacking done this time, not just boinking each other!”

Which caused Erin’s and Yesung’s face to turn red.

Thankfully, they soon made it to the sanctuary of Yesung’s room, away from his beloved but pesky members.

Yesung set the bags that he was carrying on the bed. Then, he took the bags in Erin’s arms and placed them on the bed as well.

“So, what did you want to talk to me about?” Yesung asked as he ped a bag and started taking out his clothes. He didn’t receive an answer right away, and he was momentarily distracted as he wondered if his blue jacket was still usable or had to be thrown to the laundry. 

After a while, he just shrugged his shoulders and threw the jack into his hamper.

It was then that he realized that Erin still hadn’t replied to him.

He turned to look at her questioningly. And he saw that she just standing there in the middle of his room, chewing her bottom lip nervously and wringing her hands together. He was immediately very concerned.

“Erin?” he asked as he approached her. “What’s wrong?”

Again, she didn’t respond. She just continued biting her lip and wringing her hands.

With his thumb, Yesung gently removed her bottom lip from beneath her teeth. “I’m rather fond of this lip. I’d rather that you don’t make it bleed.” He gave her a soft peck on the lips to prove his point and then pulled her hands into his, stopping her wringing as well. “Now, what’s wrong?” he asked again.

“Well…” she began hesitantly. “It’s not exactly… wrong? I think? Well, maybe? … I don’t know… It depends on what you think?”

Her rambling just made Yesung more confused. “I’m not following?”

Erin pulled her hands away and started pacing listlessly.

“I’m not really sure how to tell you,” she confessed, not meeting his eyes and just continuing with her pacing. Honestly seemed like the best way to go, and she really will be honest that she didn’t have a clue on how to spring this kind of news on Yesung.

As Erin turned to pace toward a new direction, she was surprised to find her way blocked by Yesung.

He placed his hands on her shoulders and looked intensely into her eyes. “You know that you can tell me anything.”

The sincerity and real concern and worry in his eyes did for Erin. She really should just tell him.

So, without really thinking anymore, she straight to the point blurted out, “I’m pregnant.”

Yesung’s eyes widened, and his hands fell from her shoulders in his great shock.

What did Erin just tell him??!

Yesung’s mind raced a mile per second, trying to process and make sense of the words that just came out from his girlfr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter