CHAPTER 3 - THE MORNING AFTER

Save Me

Lisa’s POV

I woke up with a pounding headache. It was really stupid drinking too much knowing that I have a low alcohol tolerance. But to be honest, I don’t remember how I got to my bed and why the hell is my hand in a bandage? I slowly got up and looked at my bed side table to check on my phone but I saw a note beside it. Was someone else in my room last night? I tried so hard to recall the events that happened the night before but all I remember was drinking my pain away. Was everything a dream? Was this supposed to be my wedding day? I was so confused so I read the letter despite having this fear that it would be like Jennie’s letter.

The handwriting is definitely different. Not in a bad way though.

Hey Lisa,

You must be wondering why you’re reading this. But last night you got really drunk and hurt yourself in the process, hence the bandage. I made sure I cleaned everything up, the cuts were not that deep but feel free to go to the hospital to have a second opinion. Don’t forget to drink the aspirin I left to help you with your headache which I’m sure you’re having now. Anyway, whatever you’re experiencing, I hope you get over it. It may not be as soon as possible, heartbreaks are never easy. (I maybe just assuming with that part). If you need anyone to talk to, I’m just next door.

Enjoy your day!

- Rosè

I read the letter one more time and the memory of a certain blonde came to mind. I remember talking to this girl last night but I don’t remember anything else after that. When I looked at the bedside table again, there I saw the aspirin which apparently she left and drank it. I got out of the bed and took a shower. Once done, I checked my phone and saw a few messages from my parents, Jisoo and Seulgi.

From Mom: Good Morning my baby. I understand that after yesterday’s event, you would not like to face everyone. So just letting you know that I will take care of everything, business wise. Take your time and come back when your ready. I love you baby.

From Dad: Hey my dance monkey, I’m sure your mother already beat me to it but just want to let you know that, you are not alone. If you feel like talking about it, just give us a call.

Seulgi: Bro! I couldn’t find you after what happened, call me when you can. I’m worried and pissed at the same time.

Jisoo: Hi Lisa. I’m probably the last person you’d like to contact you right now but know that even though I am her best friend, I also had no idea this will happen. I’m also mad at her for doing that to you. I would understand if you won’t talk to me as well. But please know that I will still be here as your friend, if you would still allow me to.

I started responding to their messages and once I was done, feeling a little better, I went for a shower. When I was done, I slipped into some clothes and debated with myself if I should call the girl from the other room to thank her. After a few minutes, I went out of the balcony but saw the next one closed. She still must be sleeping. I thought. And with that, I fixed my things and went down for breakfast. I really had nothing planned as there were other things that were supposed to happen but since it didn’t, I decided to just “enjoy” this time alone. To be honest, I don’t really remember how it was to be alone. I mean, I was always with Jennie and I mean always. So having her without me now feels so strange and I don’t think I’ll get over this feeling so soon. I don’t know how to start-over or I guess I’m not yet ready to.

Rosè’s POV

I woke up at the sound of my alarm  I don’t even know why I set up an alarm in the first place when I don’t need to follow any schedule. I check my phone to see any messages and seeing nothing urgent , I got up and took a shower. Once I was done, I got dressed, went out of the balcony to check if Lisa was already awake, seeing that the lights were still dim, I figured she was still asleep. So with that, I picked up my bag and went down for breakfast. There were only a few people at the hotel restaurant, not surprising since it was just 7 am and it’s a Sunday so most people would be sleeping in. When I was done, I took out the map from yesterday and followed it going to the other parts of the park that I wasn't able to visit. After walking for ten minutes, I sat down again on one of the benches and admired the view, took some pictures and started multi tasking by sketching and writing.

There were so many things I used to do before I got into my last relationship. I used to play at cafes and bars and was really enjoying it. Ironically that was how i met him.

I was scheduled to play at Wendy's lounge and just like every other night, I was doing my ritual of talking to myself in the mirror.

"You will be great up there Chaeng. Everyone will love you. They will cheer for you. Your friends are here to support you. You just need to show them who you are" I kept repeating those to myself until I was called on stage.

I greeted the crowd and introduced myself and one strum on my guitar and I knew my life will be different.

Apparently in a bad way.

After my set, I got off the stage despite the people asking for an encore however, another band was already setting up their instruments so I joined my friends at the bar. It was a typical Friday night so we were complete. Irene and Wendy being clingy to each other as usual, Yeri and Joy looking around for hot guys and me just watching them. I was sipping on my margarita when I felt someone tapping my shoulder and when I turned around, I saw him.

We got to know each other and by the end of the night, we had each others number saved. We went on our first date the following week and my friends had their own opinions. Irene and Wendy warned me not to rush on things, Joy told me to just be happy while Yeri was skeptic about the guy. My friends are great and I know they love me no matter what so I followed my heart and fell in love with him. I was head over heels for him that I stopped performing cause he said he didn't want other guys to flirt with me. I stopped painting cause he said that it's not really gonna help with the bills since we already started living together only after 3 months of being in a relationship. So I found myself looking for a new line of work. It didn't feel right but I was happy that I get to help him and live like we a married couple. One year passed and that's when I notice some change in him. He wasn't the sweet guy I met, instead he became different towards me. But despite all the odd behavior he has shown me the next months, I was the one who always gave way to his wants and needs. When he got a promotion from work, he told me to stop working and just be at home to take care of him. And I did, wholeheartedly. I was stupidly in love with him and as long as he was happy, I was too. I barely saw my friends cause he said he didn't like them that much and as hard as it was for me to distance myself from them, I still did. Another year passed and things just got worse. It wasn't enough for him to belittle me with his words, saying I will never find another guy like him, that I was really just a mediocre singer, that I was just  not talented enough to have a name for myself and so on. I accepted every hurtful word he said. I accepted every bruise he gave when he held my hand a little too tight when he caught me talking to another man even if they were just strangers who were asking for directions or what not. I accepted every slap he gave when I forgot to cook him dinner as I was secretly still writing songs. I accepted everything he did and I couldn't find the strength to fight for myself. I forgot how it was to be fully alive and just accepted that this is how my life is now. And on our third anniversary, I was surprised when he told me to dress up and make myself pretty again. At that time, I was thinking that he would propose to me but I wasn't sure if i was going to say yes. I mean, I love him with all my heart but I was not sure if the life with him is what I really wanted for my future.

He brought me to this really nice restaurant and we had fun. But he didn't propose. Which was a good thing. He then asked if we could go to this new bar that opened up and little did I know that he will also be meeting up with his friends. And that was the last draw.