No matter how empty it is, you're always inside it

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho rolled over in the soft sheets when the sunlight touched his face. He slowly opened his eyes, letting his eyes to see the sun rays. Slowly he pushed himself out of bed, glancing around the room. He noticed a messy assortment of notebooks, some picture albums, and other stuff on a table in the corner of the room.

Why does he feel so much better? This morning feels different. Special. He was under the same roof with Shinhye and Sowon. He let out a soft laugh. Even his big mansion, his large master bedroom wasn't able to give him this faint feeling. Never ever.

He strode towards the table and took one of the photo albums. He pulled the chair and sat on it, opening the album. The first picture of the album was Sowon's with an attached date. It was her last year's birthday photo.

She was smiling brightly as always. He smiled softly and turned the page. As he saw the next photo, his smile faded. It was Shinhye's photo when she was pregnant. Sowon was in that big stomach. Minho leaned and gazed at the words which were written on the photo. 7 months! Only a few months to go. That means she was 7 months pregnant back then.

She looked so pale in that photo. The dark circle under her eyes were visible. Minho felt someone just stabbed a sharp knife inside his heart. He clenched his hands tightly and touched the photo, running his finger on her face and womb. He blinked his eyes to make his vision clear which were blurred with tears.

"I'm sorry." He uttered the three words painfully and turned the page. In this photo, she was 8 months pregnant. Though she wasn't smiling, she looked happy with Sunbin hugging her from behind. His reddened eyes froze at the band-aid on her hand and then at the bruised needle holes. Even in the photo, it was visible.

Mr. Joon said she suffered from anemia while the pregnancy period. His heart started bleeding as if someone was stabbing on his wound continuously. He clenched his hands more tightly and this time his nails were biting his palm.

Tears were already rolling down, soaking his cheeks silently. She was here in so much pain, alone and he was there sleeping all the time, taking drugs. What did they gain? Only pain! Only sufferings. Only regrets. Why? They loved each other so damn much that now it hurts. Hurts so damn much.

He put his hand on her photo and closed his eyes, letting his tears fall as much as it wished. Those tears can't reduce the pain inside his heart.

He opened his eyes when someone knocked on the door and open it. As he saw Shinhye, the room started collapsing around him, he swallowed hard.

"Oppa. Come take your breakf..." Shinhye stopped as her eyes met his. She felt her heart clenched with pain seeing the tears in his eyes. What's wrong? Why was he crying?

 

♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♩

Do you know how I’m looking at you?
Do you know how every day, I’m waiting for you?

Feels like I’m walking on glass
What if we get farther away?

♩ ♬ ♪ ♫  ♪ ♩

 

​​​​​Before she could do or say anything, Minho came to her and wrapped his arms around hers tightly. Shinhye gasped in shock. She didn't push him nor hug him back. "Are... you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"No. I'm not." Minho buried his face in the crook of her neck, bringing her closer without any intention of letting her go. I'm sorry. I'm late. I'm sorry for making you suffer here alone. Salty tears streamed down his face coating her skin as he muttered senseless apologies for so many things. So many irreversible things.

When Shinhye felt something wet on her neck, she understood he was crying. She felt heartache. An unbearable heartache. "What's wrong with you?" She muttered softly and put her hand on his back.

Minho closed his eyes and smelled in her addictive scent for her the last time, calming himself down before pulling away from her. "Where is Sunbin? I didn't see her until now." He looked at her.

Shinhye wasn't able to speak for some time seeing his red teary eyes. What happened to him suddenly? Why did he cry?

"Shinhye." Minho called her.

"She is no more. She was suffering from cancer. When Sowon was one year old, she left us. I thought Kimbum sunbae told you." Shinhye replied with a painful voice.

Hearing that Minho's voice stuck in his throat. "He knew it?" He knew Kimbum loved that girl so much. No wonder, he didn't inform Minho because he was not in his right mind. Or maybe he told him when he was out of his mind.

Shinhye lowered her head and nodded. "He knew. He came to her funeral. He was hurt. More than us. He was crying so much. Like a crazy man. Illwoo sunbae was trying to stop him but..."

"So you. Should not leave me again. Don't try to leave me. You saw him, right?" Minho hugged her again and rested his chin on her shoulder.

Shinhye clenched her jaw. "Oppa. I don't have any disease." She bit her lower lip.

Minho shook his head, disagreeing with her. "You have. You have a serious mental disease. You... you always try to run away from me."

Shinhye let out a soft laugh. Then she titled her head to see him. She was still curious why did he cry. "Why did you cry?"

"I had a bad dream." Minho lied.

Shinhye glared at him, knowing it's a lie. "Come and eat your breakfast. Sowon is waiting." She said and pushed him before leaving.

--------

"Sowon. Slowly you'll fall down. Stop running."

Shinhye shouted at Sowon from behind who was running excitedly towards the merry go round with Minho. Both of them stopped and turned back to look at Shinhye.

Shinhye glared at her daughter as she walked towards her. "See, you're sweating." She sighed and took a handkerchief out of her bag and wiped the sweat off her face. "You came here before so many times. What's wrong with you this time?"

Sowon pouted her lips cutely and looked at Minho. "Because appa is with me." She smiled sweetly.

Shinhye let out a soft laugh and looked at Minho. "Don't let her run. Overe..."

"Stop nagging already." Saying that, without any warning, Minho grabbed Sowon's hand tightly and pulled her towards the merry go round. "You're being like a naggy wife now." He said to Shinhye with a grin.

Shinhye widened her eyes and started following them from behind. "W-who is... your wife?" Her face reddened.

Minho turned back to look at her, still walking backward. "I said you're being like...a naggy wife. I didn't say you're my wife." He winked at her with a smile before turning around.

Shinhye's heart missed so many beats when he smiled at her. His smile was breathtaking just now.

♩ ♬ ♪  ♫  ♪ ♩

Just stay with me
Next to me, stay with me
You don’t have to love me
I can just be in pain like that day

just stay, stay with me
just stay, stay with me

♩ ♬  ♫  ♪ ♩

-

Shinhye's eyes glowed when they came to the bumper car ride. "I'll drive the car." She looked at Minho.

Minho laughed, thought she was joking. But when he saw the seriousness of her face, he widened his eyes. "Are you serious?" As Shinhye nodded, his lips parted.

Sowon made puppy eyes and looked at her father. "Appa. It's only one cat which is empty. You sit with eomma. I'll ride this with my friend in the next round. She is waiting there." She pointed a girl who was standing between the queue.

Minho tilted his head and narrowed his gaze at her. "You met her in the merry go round. How is she your friend?"

Sowon smiled sweetly. "We became friends with her. Don't worry. I'll be standing there with her. You'll be able to watch me." She assured her parents. She pulled Shinhye down and kissed her cheek. "Bye eomma."

Minho let out a soft laugh when she ran to that girl. They really became friends? No doubt she is just like her mother. Minho turned to look at Shinhye but she wasn't there. Where is she?

"Hello, mister. I'm here."

Hearing her voice, Minho glanced at the bumper car. He couldn't help but laugh. She was already sitting on the driver seat. "What are you? A kid?" Minho sneered as he sat down beside her.

Shinhye smiled brightly. "You don't know how much I love to hit cars."

Minho shook his head and leaned closer to her to whisper. "Not only cars. Me too."

Shinhye laughed softly. She turned her face to Sowon. Was she taking photos of them? Whose phone was that? Before she could ask Minho, her eyes got widened instantly, when he kissed her cheek.

As he moved, Shinhye turned to him, slapped on his arm hard. "You!"

"Ouch." Minho massaged his arm, made puppy eyes as if he doesn't know anything. "What?"

Shinhye pressed her palm on her cheek where he kissed and glared at him. Her face started blushing. "H-How can you... kiss me in the public place like this?"

"She's taken my phone to take our photo. She is now taking our picture. And... And why can't I kiss you when Sowon can? You're being unfair. She told you I'm her father. And.. ah... Your strength is getting stronger and stronger. I think my arm has broken." He said with pouty lips, looking innocent.

-

When Minho opened the door of the car, Shinhye got off from the car with Sowon. She blinked her eyes. Why did he bring her to the Mosque? What did he want to do?

She turned to Minho who looked calm. What's wrong with him? She gulped when he gazed at her and grip on her scarf, pulling it on her hair, covering her hair.

His gaze was serious which made Shinhye's heart quivered. What was he trying to do? Without any warning, he held their hands in his two hands pulling her towards the graveyard of the mosque.

Sowon rolled her eyes around as they came in. It seemed as if they had entered some remote forest. The graveyard was spooky. There were thousands of grave there. It was full of gravestones covered in some kind of slime.

Shinhye was just staring at Minho and following him quietly. He walked towards someone's grave, the name Lee Seungwo was an engravement, her last words, 'Please, Donghwa let my son live.'

Shinhye's whole body tensed up when she saw the grave just beside it. His name was MD Haejin Kim. His last words: 'Lee Donghwa take care of your first love.'

Donghwa! Lee Donghwa! It's Minho's father's name. Who were they? Were they his relatives? How is it possible? They are buried here. That means they are Muslim. And Minho is Christian. Lee Donghwa and Heesoo are Christians!

Minho's eyes were expressionless. Shinhye opened to break the awkward silence. But stopped when he turned to her. "Lee Seungwo is my biological mother. Haejin Kim is my father."

Shinhye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter