pt.3 (the farewell)

//Sunflowers//
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mom look at that!" A little kid shouted as the kite he held became stable, "Wow that's so nice" A woman approached him as she stared at the sky, using her hand to shield herself from the sun even though she was wearing a hat. "Wow, that's so great!" She clapped before getting back to picking oranges from the trees nearby.

Chaeyoung smiled at her, she had never seen Mina this happy before. Genuinely happy.

Not the type of happy when it's your birthday or when something good happens to you but just when you're...living, Doing normal things. Mina was happy. This was what Chaeyoung wanted right? For her to be happy. But she was sad.

I never made her this happy.

Chaeyoung's smile quickly faded.

She was sad because she wasn't the reason why she was happy.

Selfish.

Hiroto walked up to Mina and talked to her about something pointing at chaeyoung who stood a bit far from them. Mina nodded, giving him a peck before she walked up to Chaeyoung.

The younger girl took a deep breath as the older girl came in front of her. She kept herself from hugging the girl, just like she wanted to for all these years.

"Let's talk" Mina warmly smiled as she led her to the bend in the distance.

_______________________________

The two were sitting on the bench as they watched Mina's kids play in the big field that surrounded the big house on top of the hill. The temperature had dropped, it was rather cold, The sun was still shining bright but was covered by clouds, it looked like it might rain soon. The wind also became slightly colder. It would carry dust from the ground every time the wind blew, Chaeyoung was unfazed by it. 

"So then why'd you leave?" Chaeyoung's voice trembled as she broke the silence.

"My brother passed away and there was no one to take care of my sick father" Mina explained, "So I came back as soon as possible, I had no time to say goodbye...I'm sorry for that".

Chaeyoung understood that but there was something else that she wanted to know. "Well then why didn't you come back later on?".

"I met Hirot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter