Two

If Living Is Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If only our communication was as easy as this back then.” Sooyoung added.

“You do now that our issue is beyond than just my jealousy and your short temper.” Jessica said softly while looking straight to Sooyoung’s eyes. After hearing the remarks, Sooyoung released Jessica’s hands. She knew what Jessica was referring to.

“Jess, you know how I feel about having kids.” Sooyoung straightaway sent to the point. Children had always become the main conflict for them. Jessica had always wanted to have kids, where Sooyoung on the other hand, was not keen on the idea. Throughout the 2 years they were together, they had never managed to come to any resolution on the subject matter.

Jessica didn’t say a word back. She just looked down. Speaking about it again, made her feel even more broken inside.

“Can I ask you something?” Sooyoung spoke again.

“Yes Sooyoung. Anything.” Jessica sighed softly.

“Would you ever choose me over having kids?” Sooyoung went on to ask.

Jessica was a bit surprised hearing the question but tried to remain calm. She was trying to gather her emotions and constructing the right words to say to the woman. “I hmm..” Jessica stuttered.

“Who am I kidding? Jess, please don’t answer it.” Sooyoung immediately said. She felt stupid for even asking the question when she knew what Jessica’s answers would be. She was equally heartbroken as Jessica. As much as they loved each other, they just wanted different things.

“Let’s just leave this be. No point talking about it anymore.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly.

“Soo, I want us to talk about this. To finally have a closure on this.” Jessica said softly.

“The closure has always been there right in front of us Jessica.” Sooyoung muttered.  “We were just being hopeful and stupid thinking that either one of us would change our mind.” She added.  

Before Jessica could say something, Sooyoung’s phone started to ring. “Sorry.” Sooyoung said before she stood up from the chair and spoke on the phone further away from Jessica. Jessica looked at the woman from her seat with a long deep sigh.

A few minutes later, Sooyoung walked towards Jessica again. “Sorry. It was work.” She said as she put her phone inside her front pocket. Jessica stood up from the chair and then they just stared at each other without saying a word.

“Hmm, I should get going now. I have an early meeting tomorrow.” Sooyoung started to speak. “Sure, I have an early session as well.” Jessica said. Sooyoung walked closer to her and they hugged each other again. The hug was tighter than ever. Only god knew how badly they missed being in each other arms.

They released each other from the hugged and looked at each other’s faces. “Good bye Jess.” Sooyoung mumbled as she forced a smile. Jessica couldn’t get herself to say anything at that point as she was fighting back her tears. Sooyoung turned around and slowly made her way back inside the house.

Jessica was heavily broken to see the woman left. She didn’t know why but she felt like she was getting dumped again. She took her handbag as she just wanted to go home and cry all night. She went to thank Amber for the food and invite.

“Do you want me to call a taxi for you? It’s a bit hard getting an Uber around this area” Amber asked.

“Hmm no. I drove here.” Jessica was puzzled with the question.

“I thought Krystal left with your car 20minutes ago.” Amber frowned.

“What??” Jessica quickly took her phone and immediately called her sister. “KRYSTAL JUNG, PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU DIDN’T TAKE MY CAR.”

“Unnieeee. I thought you would patch things up with Sooyung and would be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter