Chapter 1: That Person

The Dynasty of Deception

-Jin POV-

      The sun was out and bright as always. I was making pancakes for breakfast before my sister goes to school. I turned around and looked at the time through my laptop. I sighed “That girl is going to be late for school.” I quickly took the pancakes off the stove and quickly ran upstairs to my sisters’ room. I grabbed a blow horn from my room that was on my desk. I barged into her room and blew the horn. My sister got startled by the sound of the horn and fell off the bed.

      “Y/N, get up now. You’re going to be late for school. Again.” I said. Y/N slowly sits up while having the covering wrapped around her, still half asleep. “Hurry up and get ready. I’m making pancakes.” She just nodded. I left her room, closing the door behind me.

      I walked back to the kitchen to see Hoseok and Taehyung leaning forward against the island eating the pancakes. “Jin hyung, thank you for breakfast as always.” Said Taehyung.

      I sighed “You guys, why do you always come here to eat? You guys live together next door to us, can’t you cook for yourselves for once?”

      “Hyung, you said you were in charge of cooking from now on since we almost burned down the house that one time..” Answered Hoseok.

      “That was seven years ago when you were ten!” I yelled at them making them flinch. “Haven’t you guys at least tried to learn how to cook again?”

       Taehyung with a straight face said, “No. You said we weren’t allowed to cook for the rest of our lives. And since you’re our Alpha we must obey your orders.”

       I grabbed a kitchen towel from the island counter and threw it at Taehyung's face. “Damn it! How did I end up with idiot guys like you!? Hurry up and finish eating! You guys have school, remember!?”

       “Yes hyung!” they both answered in union.

       I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned around and saw Y/N coming into the kitchen dressed up for school. I sighed and said a calm voice “Hurry up and eat so I can drive you guys to school.” I turned to the boys “Where is Sara? She’s going to end up being late for school.”

At that moment the back doorway connected to the kitchen opened up revealing Sara all dressed up for school. “I’m here and ready for school!” she yelled in excitement.

      “Where were you this morning?” asked Hoseok.

      “I went for a run in my werewolf form. I needed a run. Then I went back to the house and saw you guys weren’t there so I knew you guys would be here. I just showered and got ready for school. Now I’m here to eat breakfast with you guys before going to school” she explained.

      “Hurry and eat Sara so we can leave.” I suggested. Sara nodded, grabbed a plate and started serving herself some food.

      After eating, Jin drove us to school. Once we pulled up in front of the school, we got out. Jin rolled down the passenger window. “Kids!” I yelled. We turned around. “Stay out of trouble! Learn! That means you Y/N! I better not get a call from your math teacher again of you failing! You’re dead if I do get it!” She quickly turned around and ran inside the school while the others followed her. I smiled while watching them enter the school.

       “Y/N, I’m glad you’re staying strong. That you’re just trying to live your life in peace. That day will come, when I avenge our family.”

 

-Y/N POV-

       We walked inside the school building and went straight to our lockers which were all separated. Mines was on the second floor with Hoseok. Our lockers were across the hall from each other.

Suddenly, someone opens the locker next to mine. I took a small glance and saw Min Yoongi. He’s a senior while I was a junior. Despite our lockers being next to each other for the six months school started, we never exchanged greetings to each other. He scared me, that's why. He had this aura of him that made me feel scared around him. I never talked to him, looked at him in the eyes, or touched him. Even though he had friends, he often kept to himself. I quickly closed my locker and walked away feeling scared like I do every day.

       My parents and grandparents were killed when I was five. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. Hunters killed my grandparents, but the vampires killed my parents. For what? For no reason. Just for their pleasure. I can’t remember what the vampires look like, but I remember the necklace around their neck. That’s my only clue. I will avenge my family.

       I got to my class and saw Hoesok there already sitting at his desk. I walk up to him and sit next to him. The truth is, only Hoseok, Tae, Sara and I talk to each other here. We made a promise not to become friends with any outsiders. The night of the accident, Jin and I ran and found Hoseok and his pack.

       We found out that night many wolf packs were attacked by hunters. The only survivors from Hoseok’s pack were Tae, Sara and Hoseok's grandfather. Their Alpha was killed, while our Alpha, my father was killed as well. That meant my brother, Jin, was the next Alpha only at the age of ten. Taking on leadership at an early age.

       No other wolf pack wanted to join us because they didn’t want to follow a ten-year-old Alpha. So, they just formed their own pack with a new Alpha. We never heard from them since that night. Suddenly, the school bell rang, and class started.

       During lunch we got together and ate our food outside in the grass. “You guys, Ms. Williams got onto me again in chemistry class and gave me detention.” Tae blurted out.

       “That’s because you caused an explosion in class.” Explained Sara.

       “WHAT?!” Hoseok and I yelled in union.

       “All I did was mix hydrogen peroxide and potassium iodide.” Tae said looking all confused. Hoseok smacked the back of his head while I facepalmed myself.

       “Ya, Taehyung! How are you going to explain that to Jin when he picks us up?” asked Hoseok. “You do realize you're dead when he sees you and we aren’t going to help you.”

       Taehyung pouted “You think Ms. Williams called Jin by now telling him what happened?”

       At that moment Tae’s phone started ringing and he answered it without looking at the caller ID. “Hel-“

       “KIM TAEHYUNG, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO AT SCHOOL?!” Jin yelled through the phone. I recognized his voice right away. Even though he wasn’t on speaker we could all hear him clearly. He was pissed. “WHY THE HELL DID MS. WILLIAMS CALL ME SAYING YOU CAUSED AN EXPLOSION IN CLASS?! CARE TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU DID THAT?!”

       “I’m sorry, hyung. I just wanted to see if those things really caused a reaction like how they show online.” Tae apologized.

       Jin wasn’t yelling at him anymore since I couldn’t hear him through the phone. Tae was just nodding and saying “I understand” over and over. Soon Tae hung up and said “Well, I’m not allowed to train in my wolf form for two weeks,'' he said. That will be my punishment. Also, to go apologize to Ms. Williams and do my detention and not bail.”

       “Just be thankful he’s not going to do anything to you other than that. You could’ve gotten beaten by him.” Said hoseok. Tae just nodded in return. We continued eating our lunch then went back to class.

-Yoongi POV-

       I was walking back to my class, when suddenly someone called out my name. I turned around and saw Jungkook walking up to me. “What’s up, Jungkook?” I asked in a serious tone.

       “My grandfather wanted me to tell you that he needs to talk to you tonight after dinner.” He responded, stopping right in front of me. “I think he wants to know if you found the location where the mutts are staying.”

       I looked down at the floor and sighed. I looked back at him. “Tell him there’s no need to meet cuz I’m still looking. I’m going out tonight to see if I can find any traces of the wolves.”

       Jungkook nodded “Ok! I’ll let my grandfather know.” He patted my shoulder and walked away.

       I walked to my locker and opened it to get my books out. I just stood there and stared inside of my locker. “I will find those ing werewolves and kill them myself. They took everything from me.” I gripped my locker door so hard that my knuckles turned white.

       Suddenly the locker next to mines opened up. I took a quick glance and saw Y/N switching out her schoolbooks for her next class. Our lockers have been next to each other for the past six months, but we never talked to each other. Y/N keeps to herself and is very quiet including around her friends that she’s always with. I usually see her around the hallways because she was a grade under me.

       I never talked to her, never touched her, and never looked at her face to face. She gave me an uneasy feeling. I promised myself I was never going to let someone get involved in my life. Because I am…a hunter. I closed my locker and walked away towards my class.

       My parents were killed twelve years ago when I was six. They were hunters and they went on a mission to hunt werewolves that night. Jungkook’s dad and Lexi & Kaitlyn’s mom were with my parents that night. None of them survived. Jungkook's grandfather decided to take us in and trained us to take revenge. Many werewolf packs were attacked and killed, and the hunters came back alive, with injuries though. The pack my parents were in charge of, none of the hunters survived. Grandfather told us that wolves are on the run. I will find that pack and I will kill every single one of them.

-Y/N POV-

       As I walked to my locker, I noticed Yoongi just standing there staring at his locker. I quietly walked to my locker and opened it. I switched out my books for my next class. Yoongi suddenly closed his locker and walked away. I watch him walk away. I don’t know why he scares me, he just does. The bell suddenly rang, so I quickly grabbed my things and hurried to class.

       School finally ended, but we had to wait for Tae to do his detention before Jin picked us up from school. While waiting in the parking lot. I saw Yoongi getting in a black hummer with some other people from school. They were always together but I don’t know their names, only Yoongi. The only reason I know his name is because one of his binders had the name “Min Yoongi”.

       “You guys! I’m finally out!” yelled Tae running towards us. We hear a car pulling up. We turned around and saw Jin getting out of the car walking towards Tae with no emotions on his face. Jin quickly pulled Taes’ ear and started dragging him to the car. “OW! HYUNG! IT HURTS!”

       “I don’t care. You are in trouble. Why do you and Y/N give me such a hard time with your education?” he asked annoyed. “Remember, no wolf training for two weeks.”

       “Hyung~” Tae whined.

       We all got in the car and drove back home. We lived in the woods about thirty minutes away from the city up North. Our pack owns about ten acres of land in the forest with the help of Hoseok grandfather. He passed away last year due to natural causes. Despite that Jin was an Alpha, he wasn’t able to take on the leader until he was eighteen. So, grandfather took on the role of our leader until Jin came of age.

        As soon as we got home Tae, Hoseok and Sara ran into their house which was right next to mine and Jin. We ordinally lived together but it was getting too crowded as we got older, so we built another house next to us. I went to my room to change clothes so I can go for a run. I ran quickly downstairs towards the kitchen and saw Jin taking a pot out from one of the bottom cabinets.

       “Oppa, I’m going to go for a run now in my wolf form.” I told him. He turned towards me and nodded     “Okay. I’m going to start making dinner so make sure to come back on time.”

         I smiled and nodded “I will, oppa.” I walked out the back door, transformed into my wolf form, and ran into the woods. I love the feeling of running. I felt free. I felt stress leaving my body.

-Yoongi POV-

       Jungkook was driving me, Lexi and Kaitlyn back home which was about fifteen minutes outside West of the city. “Hey sis, when we get home, can you help me with some of my training?” asked Lexi.

       “Yeah, sure.” Kaitlyn replied. “When we get home, we will change clothes and work on your knife throwing, okay?” Lexi nodded.

       When we got there, I went straight to my room and changed clothes. I decided to go do some training in the woods, but also to find traces of any werewolves. Once I changed clothes, I went to the garage, I got on my motorcycle, and drove off. I don’t let anyone join me because I prefer to be alone. I decided to drive North of the city towards the woods.

       Once I got in the middle of nowhere on the streets, I parked my motorcycle in the woods. I grabbed my gun, making sure it was loaded and tugged it between my pants and waist. I put my hunter blade in my knife pocket on the other side of my waist and walked into the woods. I was slowly walking making sure not to make too much noise.

        I’ve been walking for about forty minutes and still haven’t found anything. Just when I was about to turn to head towards a different direction, I heard a branch break. I slowly grab my gun while walking towards the direction of the branch breaking. I slowly looked behind a tree and saw… a werewolf.

       The werewolf was just sitting there while looking at the sky. Its fur color was grey and its tail moving side to side. When I tried to take a step forward, I stepped on a twig causing it to snap. The werewolf looked towards my direction for a quick look before taking off. I ran after it, but I lost sight of it. While looking around, I saw the back figure of a person, so I ran after them.

       Once I caught up to the person, I tackled them down from the back. I noticed it was a girl, but I couldn’t see her face. I put my gun on the back of her head, but she elbowed me in the face causing me to fall to the side and drop my gun. She tried to get up and run again but I grabbed both of her ankles and dragged her towards me. I turned her around and sat on top of her. She was hitting me in the face and trying to knee me in the back. I quickly grabbed both her hands and pinned them on top of her head with one hand. With the other hand I grabbed my blade. I lifted the blade up in the air getting ready to stab her, but once me and the girl made eye contact, I froze. We both froze and stared at each other.

       “Y/N?” I asked.

       “Yoongi?” she asked at the same time.