Last

Embers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

TW// sudden character death

 

She couldn't breathe. Yongsun couldn't breathe; the ringing silence in her ears was too loud and the ground was spinning. This couldn't be happening. All of it was happening too fast. Her eyes look over to the ashy remains of the building before her, and she stumbles backward,  being unable to move or breathe.

"Yong. Yong. Are you okay? We'll get you–" Those were the last words she heard before she collapsed.

In the timespan of her blackout and her waking up, she retraced the events of the day and prayed–prayed the hardest she's ever had that none of it would be real when she wakes up.

It was the Sunday after their anniversary, and Yongsun attempted to get out of bed to get ready of work but much to her surprise, Moonbyul was still in bed, hanging onto her for dear life.

"Byul-ah... What are you doing still here and sleeping? Shouldn't you open the bakery? It's 6AM." She whispered, gently tapping the baker on her shoulder. In response, Moonbyul opened one of her eyes and sighed as she got up.

"I'll... I'll be getting some of my stuff from there later. Then I'll meet you here after work."

Before the two of them went to sleep last night, Yongsun had asked her to move in with her. And to no one's shock, Moonbyul agreed instantly.

Without thinking much of it, Yongsun went to work that morning and left Moonbyul to work on getting her belongings.

from smol bun 💖
i couldn't shake off the feeling something bad's going to happen today at work...
hopefully it's nothing.
you stay safe for me.
okay?
I love you.
sent 7:21AM

 

from brat
:(
I love you too, worrywart.
sent 7:21AM


Yongsun shook her head and slapped her right cheek once at work, she needed to get her mind out of the gutter. She had gotten enough sleep from last night and she wasn't woken up disturbed so why was there something of an itch that was making her so paranoid?

"You alright, Yong?" Chorong checked up on her for what seemed like the nth time this morning. She frowned and shook her head softly.

Hours passed, and still, the feeling creeped up on Yongsun like an unwanted visitor. It was the afrernoon, and they had already put out a small fire that was caused by a knocked down candle in an apartment.

"Moon? Park? We've just received reports on a quick-spreading fire on the bakery across the station. We've got to respond quick."

Chorong shot her a look and all the color drained from Yongsun's face then and there. Moonbyul.

Nothing else went through her head the following seconds but her. She should've known.

When they got to the scene, Yongsun scanned the area for residents that have made it out of the fire at this point. She made a run for it when she spotted Irene among the crowd, eyes distant and empty.

"Irene! Moonbyul!" were the only words she could make out and the woman looks at her with a sullen expression. No. No. No.

"Yongsun... She was still in there."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter