Chapter 2: The Inflictor

The Perfect Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: The Perfect Storm
Pairing: Minatozaki Sana and Myoui Mina
Disclaimer: I do not own anything but this story.

“She's Sunday drive meets high-speed chase

She ain't just a song, she's the whole mixtape.”

Chapter 2: The Inflictor

 

“What are you doing here?” Mina asked with a stern voice.

 

Sana placed her hand on her hip and smirked “Well, I could ask you the same thing.”

 

“Well, I work here.” Mina answered confidently.

 

“Ohh, so that’s why you were at the diner,” the realization dawned on Sana while her smirk still plastered on her face, “You were an undercover agent. I must say you did great, I seriously didn’t have a clue,” she teased “With all the other women inside the restroom, and it’s you I happen to kiss. And then now, I found out that I would be working with you, it must be fate.” she winked at Mina.

 

“It’s not fate!” Mina scrunched her face, “It’s an accident,” she stated with a nod as a matter of factly, “Fate suggests that our lives are already written and can never be changed however we may want it to be. I believe in the existence of choice.”

 

“Well, either way, I’m still glad it happened,” Sana squinted her eyes at how Mina can be nervously adorable and confidently y at the same time and then grinned at her after she’s done with her trivial admonition making Mina scrunch her face then lower her head in discomfort, “And if you really strongly believe in the power of choice then if given the chance of it happening again for the first time, it’s still going to be you who I’ll choose to kiss.” Sana grinned teasingly.

 

Mina can’t say that those words weren't able to warm her heart. It hit her heart so bad she felt her stomach flutter. Her brain wasn’t able to function for a while and there was silence, she can’t form any coherent comebacks and even Science can’t help her right now. But there is something undoubtedly obvious in that scenario — the scarlet tint on her cheeks.

 

Then something suddenly snapped at her. She looked at Sana and thought, “This person would kiss anyone at any given circumstances especially when ‘those circumstances’ are at her disadvantage then tease the person about it and then casually talk about it like it’s a normal thing that happens every day. This woman certainly is dubious and appalling. I should never fall for everything that she says.”

 

“I’m Sana,” The strawberry-peach head woman held her hand forward to Mina, “and I’m sorry for kissing you, not that I’m sorry I kissed you, oh you know what I mean.” she flung her other hand upwards for having trouble at explaining.

 

Mina squinted her eyes at Sana carefully examining her behavior then looked directly at the taller woman’s eyes, “I’m Myoui Mina,” then she trained her eyes at Sana’s hand and hesitated a little before she raised her own hand forward, “And I’m still mad about the kiss.”

 

“And nice to meet you too?” Sana raised her eyebrows and Mina tilted her head with an inquisitive look.

 

“Hey, I said I was sorry,” Sana sincerely repeated her apology, “like really sorry, come on, you have to believe me.”

 

“I am certainly not going to fall for your obnoxious shenanigans.” Mina stated with conviction.

 

“Is that a challenge? Seriously?” Sana chuckled and lowered her hand beside her.

 

“I see you’re getting along so well,” Jeongyeon’s voice was heard from the entrance, she was leaning on the door frame with her arms crossed and her usual smile drawn to her face. Mina jumped a little and Sana looked at her and smirked.

 

“Yeah, she likes me very much,” Sana responded to Jeongyeon, still smirking then looked at Mina who visibly glared at her in return.

 

Jeongyeon laughed at Mina’s reaction and the Scientist turned her glare at her.

 

“The others are already in the command center,” Jeongyeon straightened up and turned around to head to the command center’s direction.

 

Sana proceeded to follow Jeongyeon, leaving Mina a few inches behind her. She then suddenly turned around to face the shorter woman.

 

“Myoui Mina,” Sana whispered and the Scientist raised her head to look at Sana, “Challenge accepted.” before she went inside the center.

 

Mina scrunched her face and breathed a “Bloody hell.” before following Jeongyeon and Sana inside the command center.

 

“Looks like everyone is here so let’s start,” Jihyo said as everyone took their positions around the TableGram, a Holo engineered table, “So, as the majority of you know, Sana, will be re-joining our new team, TWICE, as a core member,” the big-eyed leader paused for a while to look at each members before continuing, “And for those who don’t know, Sana is one of the original founding members of ONCE, our old team. She’s one of the best agents in the whole org both in and out of the field. She is also by far the best Hacker and Computer specialist I know.”

Mina, shocked by the new information about the not-so-newcomer, glanced at Sana and when the latter noticed, smirked at her in return. Mina glared at her before she turned her eyes back to Jihyo.
 

Sana tried to keep her laughter at Mina’s reaction but failed when a snort came out instead. Everyone including Jihyo looked at her with a puzzled expression.

 

“Is there something funny, Sana?” Jihyo asked.

 

“Oh, no no, sorry, I’m just trying to keep myself from sneezing, don’t mind me,” Sana answered with a straight face, “Carry on.”

 

Nayeon, who saw Sana and Mina’s silent exchange, just smirked to suppress her laughter.

 

“And so, just in time with Sana’s arrival on our team, she will be in charge due to her knowledge with the person involved for this mission.” Jihyo’s statement piqued Sana’s interest as the latter looked at her with a serious expression.

 

Jihyo looked directly into Sana’s eyes, “Your team will go undercover inside The Melting.”

 

“What?” Sana furrowed her brows at Jihyo’s words, “I can’t do that!”

 

“Yes, you can and you will,” Jihyo countered, “And you will surely change your mind when I give you the details.”

 

Sana just looked at her with a puzzled look.

 

“You have no choice Sana and believe me you would want to do this instead of the other members or JYPD.” Jihyo tried to convince the taller woman.

 

“Just give me the details.” Sana dismissed and Jihyo smiled at this.

 

“Alright team, we’re done here, go back to your positions,” Jihyo commanded, “Chaeng, Chou, Myoui and Kim, you four stay.”

 

Only Mina and Dahyun exchanged glances, Chaeyoung just shrugged and obeyed the leader and Tzuyu had no reaction, her expression is as stoic as always.

 

“Okay, shoot.” Sana turned to Jihyo.

“So, The Melting is an underground hacker’s organization who portrays themselves as the normal people’s hero. Hacking politicians, the so-called corrupt government agencies accounts, so on and so forth.” Jihyo started.

 

The round-eyed woman placed her hands on her hips and sighed.

 

“Sana,” Jihyo paused, “A person inside The Melting has been working with Moonbyul on manufacturing a bio-weapon. And of course, as you already know, Moonbyul’s company has no problems creating high tech dangerous bio-weapons.”

 

“Yeah, I know.” Sana answered.

 

“Turns out the weapon is designed to inflict pain to the target, can be used for torture or worst, kill them.” Jihyo continued as the other three people in the room just silently listened.

 

“And how did you get this info?” Sana asked.

 

“Chaeng.” Jihyo swiftly answered and Sana briefly looked at Chaeyoung before she looked back at Jihyo.

 

“I’ve been keeping tabs of The Melting since you began infiltrating our network.” Chaeyoung kept her eyes at Sana but the latter didn’t respond.

 

“So,” Sana paused to contemplate a little, “Who is it?”

 

“Name is Eunha,” Jihyo noticed that Sana became stiff at the mention of the name, “We don’t have any info other than that name, I’m sure it’s not her real name, and we tried hard to get more info but the person just doesn’t exist anywhere, no records, no anything. But we think that she is the leader.”

 

“You won’t get any more info other than that,” Sana looked at both Jihyo and Chaeyoung, “Because she doesn’t have one.”

 

“So you really know her?” For the first time, Mina’s voice was heard.

 

“Yeah, we got a little history.” Sana answered with a smirk making the shorter girl frown.

 

“Sana, I don’t know what is your deal with this person or who she is to you but either way, if this weapon undergoes mass production, a lot of people’s lives will be in danger,” Jihyo voiced out, “including her.”

 

Silence filled the room.

 

“So what do you say? Our team or we’ll leave it up to JYPD? And as you know, their way is not really,” Jihyo paused, “fun.”

 

Sana looked at the TableGram intently trying to think through with the information. And after a moment, Sana spoke.

 

“I’m in.”

 

“Alright, mission is a go, plan is settled. Chaeng,” Jihyo’s leader mode switched on, “you’re paired up with Sana for this mission.”

 

“But ma’am, Chaeyoung isn’t a field agent right?” Dahyun opened, “And both I and Mina as well. I think Agent Chou is the perfect choice to be uh, ah,” Dahyun pointed at Sana, in which the other girl squinted her eyes at the Scientist, “her partner.”

 

“Minatozaki Sana.” Sana said, looking at Dahyun.

 

“Uh eh?” Dahyun asked.

 

“You don’t seem to know my name,” Sana answered, “so I’m telling you.”

 

“So Agent Minatozaki?” Dahyun asked with her brows furrowed.

 

Sana laughed at the awkward woman beside Mina, “No need for that, just call me Sana.”

 

Dahyun smiled awkwardly at the taller woman across her and looked back at Jihyo.

 

“I don’t question your decisions ma’am but I agree with Dahyun on this one.” Mina backed Dahyun up.

 

“Chaeng is a computer specialist and a hacker as well, same with Sana,” Jihyo answered, “you two are genius scientists, put the puzzles together and they know how to work it out, they have worked together before.”

 

“What about these two nerds?” Chaeng asked, smiling, this time questioning the other two’s capabilities as she felt a little offended at the duo’s opinions.

 

“Good question,” Jihyo answered with her usual smile, “Kim is an engineer, she can easily identify the specs of the weapon or weapons and examine it to our advantage,” Jihyo explained while everyone is listening intently, “Myoui is a BioChemist, she will know the substances, chemicals and projectiles used in the weaponries.”

 

Sana smirked at the newly-gained information about Mina and she seemed impressed.

 

“Excuse me ma’am,” Mina raised her index finger, “What if the substances used are of alien technology?” Sana shot her head back to look at their leader and raised one of her eyebrows waiting for Jihyo to respond.

 

“And that’s the most important part of your role inside Agent Myoui,” Jihyo answered with a serious face, “I need you there to confirm if Moonbyul uses alien tech for her weaponries, if ever that’s true, I need you to upload some samples and that’s where our part intercede.”

 

“That sounds dangerous.” Dahyun reacted.

 

“It is,” Jihyo confirmed, “Sana, you know your way around there, I’ll have to trust you on this. The success of this mission could save billions of lives. And lastly, Chaeng and MyoKim’s lives are in your hands, keep them safe inside. Is that clear?” Jihyo stared straight at Sana’s eyes.

 

Sana held Jihyo’s stare for a good while then she glanced at Chaeyoung and then at the two Scientist’s in front of her who were also staring straight back at her.

 

Dahyun moved her gaze to the TableGram as she sighed while Mina kept her eyes planted on the hacker. And for the first time in Sana’s life, she saw someone’s eyes directed at her with absolute trust. An unrelenting trust that no one has ever given her. She had never experienced someone look at her like that. Jihyo places her trust in her but her eyes can’t lie. Heck even Momo has doubts in her eyes sometimes. And with that, she felt a new wave of energy rush inside her veins.

 

“Yeah sure, I’ll protect these bunch of nerds with my life,” Sana smiled teasingly at the three, “if that’s what you mean.”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter