Chapter 4

The New General

"What the hell were you thinking?" Asked Byungchan as he kept Seungsik pinned against the wall with his arm pressed up against his throat. "I didn't want to do this, but you took it too far," he snarled, moving away and letting Seungsik slide to the ground. "Get the hell out of here and don't come back until you calmed down," he spat, and Seungsik obeyed, getting to his feet and rushing off into the forest to hunt.
 

~A couple days earlier~



"We better get going," said Subin as he stood behind Byungchan on the platform waiting on their train to arrive. "We're waiting on the train," said Byungchan as he turned to Subin. "Seungsik is getting restless," said Subin.

"Does he want us to run all the way to Austria from here?" Asked Byungchan. "I don't know," said Subin. "He said he wasn't in the mood for a long train trip," he said. "That usually means that he's thirsty or he really wants to be somewhere else, and quickly," said Byungchan. Subin nodded.

"What's gonna happen from here?" Asked Subin. "We're going to Austria," said Byungchan. "You know the guys there better than I do," he said. "Yeah," said Subin. "We spent some time with them when Seungwoo was still with them," he said.

"What are they like?" Asked Byungchan. "Well, Yohan's the alpha," said Subin. "His betas are Hangyul and Dohyun," he said. "Then you got Seungyoun, Eunsang and Dongpyo as their messengers," he said. "Junho, Hyeongjun and Minhee are their fighters and that's about it," he finished after thinking it over.

"Junho tends to challenge everyone he meets, because he wants to be able to fight all kinds of people," said Seungsik as he walked over. "He may challenge you," he said. "Gee, if only I wasn't that much of a fighter thanks to my beta status," grumbled Byungchan as he sighed.

"I don't think it should affect you too much," said Subin. "You're facing off against 'shifters, they don't have alpha auras," he said. "Yohan has his alpha's voice, but as far as I'm aware, it doesn't effect anyone else species wise," he said. "Hm," hummed Byungchan as the train horn sounded, causing them to turn in the direction the train was coming from. "There's our ride," he said.

"Can I just run there?" Asked Seungsik as he turned to Byungchan. "How do I know you won't stray from the path there?" Asked Byungchan. "I just need to hunt, I'll be there before you, I swear," said Seungsik. "Text us when you get there," said Byungchan. Seungsik nodded, and watched them board the train before heading off in a different direction to hunt before heading for Austria.

 

~



When they reached the station just outside of Yohan's territory Seungsik was waiting for them, his arms crossed and a small smirk on his face. "Told you I'd be here first," said Seungsik. "Did you at least get a car?" Asked Byungchan as he walked over with Subin following behind him.

"Of course," said Seungsik before he turned and walked out of the station with Byungchan and Subin following after him. "I'm not that cruel," he said. "Says you," Byungchan said with a shake of his head. Subin shook his head in amusement.

When they got to Yohan's pack house Seonghwa was just returning from a hunt, waiting on the front porch swing with someone they weren't expecting. "San?" Asked Byungchan as he got of the car. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Visiting," said San. "You finally decided to return to civilization," remarked Seungsik, earning a scoff from San.

"I do visit when I'm in the area," said San. "Most people don't notice," said Byungchan. "No one tends to notice because I'm in and out within like 5 minutes," said San as he shrugged. "True," said Subin.

Yohan stepped outside with Hangyul and Dohyun behind him, noticing the new guests. "Well hello you three," said Yohan. "And welcome back Subin, Seungsik," he said. "We did say we'd be back didn't we?" Asked Subin as he tilted his head to the side.

"Junho's itching for a spar," said Yohan. "Of course he is," said Subin. "Who does he want to fight this time around?" He asked. "I would assume Byungchan," said Yohan. "Of course," said Byungchan as he shook his head in amusement. "I'm the new guy after all," he said.

"You're up for a spar then?" Asked Yohan. "After a bit," said Byungchan. "I want to be ready, though I warn you I'm not that good of a fighter compared to these two," he said, motioning to Subin and Seungsik. "But I'll put up a decent fight," he said.

 

~



When Junho came outside with the others after Byungchan said he was ready for the spar Byungchan was already in his wolf form, sitting and watching with calculating eyes. Hyeongjun nodded to Seungsik and Subin who acknowledged him with a slight head bow before turning their attention to Byungchan who stood when Junho walked over after changing to his animal form.

"The rules of this spar is no teeth or claws, the winner knocks their opponent off their feet," said Hangyul as he would be the judge of this fight. When Junho and Byungchan nodded to the rules Hangyul brought his hand down for them to begin.

A growl left Junho as he went fully offensive, launching himself straight at Byungchan. Byungchan merely sidestepped the hyena, turning and tapping him with his paw before jumping backwards landing a few feet away. Junho turned to face him in confusion and Byungchan bared his teeth in a smirk before launching his attack, barreling straight into Junho and headbutting him, using the momentum to throw Junho off to the side.

"What was that move?" Asked Hyeongjun as he leaned forward. "A new tactic that Byungchan came up with in regards to everyone sparring," said Subin as he crossed his arms. "A tap to a body part with his paw is basically saying that he got them," he said. "Since the general rule is to not use your teeth or claws, we've worked around that," he said. "If it was a serious brawl Junho would be seriously injured right now," he added.

"A page out of Jinhyuk and Gyujin's book eh?" Asked Seungyoun as he watched Byungchan land another tap on Junho's body. "Pressure points?" Asked Yohan as he blinked in surprise. "Yes, but Byungchan is really just playing with his opponent at this rate," said Seungsik. "He's not a trained fighter it seems but he's damn good at it," said Dohyun as he watched the fight.

"He's good for spars," said Seungsik. "Seungwoo was the one to teach him this way of fighting," he said. "A work around for a certain weakness of his I assume?" Asked Hyeongjun. "You knew?" Asked Subin. "We're given information on every werewolf who works for Kris," said Hyeongjun. "So yeah," he said, shrugging.

Junho was getting pissed, parts of his body getting shut down as Byungchan hit more and more pressure points. He had to end this quickly, before he lost to a simple pressure point duel. He poured all of his remaining energy into this last attack as he threw himself at Byungchan, catching Byungchan off guard as he was slammed into a tree.

Something seemed to snap in Seungsik as he rushed forward before anyone could stop him, grabbing Junho and slamming him into a tree with a snarl. Subin and Byungchan quickly rushed forward with Seonghwa and San running over and grabbing Seungsik, throwing him off to the side. "Oi," said San as he stared Seungsik down. "Back off will you? This fight is over," he said. Subin went to check on Junho to make sure he was okay after checking over Byungchan.

Byungchan let out a commanding growl, going to stand in front of Seungsik who stared him down, refusing to back down. The stare down continued for a minute before Byungchan launched himself at Seungsik, changing back into his human form as he slammed into him, making Seungsik slam into the wall a few feet behind him. Byungchan's eyes filled with anger as he glared at Seungsik, daring him to try and unleash his alpha aura.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Asked Byungchan as he kept Seungsik pinned against the wall with his arm pressed up against his throat. "I didn't want to do this, but you took it too far," he snarled, moving away and letting Seungsik slide to the ground. "Get the hell out of here and don't come back until you calmed down," he spat, and Seungsik obeyed, getting to his feet and rushing off into the forest to hunt.

"Is he alright?" Asked Byungchan as he closed his eyes, taking deep breaths to calm himself down. "For the most part," said Subin as he moved away from Junho. "He should gain mobility soon, you didn't hit him to the point of being immobile for a few hours," he said. "Good," said Byungchan. "I'm going for a run," he said. "Stay within property lines," said Yohan. "No problem," said Byungchan before he changed, rushing into the surrounding forest to go on a run.

"Damn, does everyone in your side of the pack have such horrible anger issues?" Asked Hyeongjun as he walked over after getting clothes for Junho who returned to his human form after he could properly move. "You should see Hanse and Chan," Subin said with a nonchalant shrug.

"As far as I'm aware, Byungchan is the calmest out of all of us," said Subin. "But Sejun comes at a close second," he said. "I think your packmate needs to go home," said Yohan. "In case something like this happens again," he added. "For once I agree," said Subin. "But it's up to Byungchan at that point," he said.

"Knowing him, it won't happen," said Seonghwa. "Seungsik should know better by now," he said. "I'm going to find him," said San. "After that I'll leave, I need to head back," he said. "Tell Yeosang I said hello," said Seonghwa. San nodded before rushing off into the surrounding forest.