Daffodil

Exquisite Family

Daffodils symbolize "new beginnings," as in someone celebrating a new job, a new home, or a new addition to their family.

 


 

“You look like you haven’t slept in days, hyung.”

 

“Well, you look like you haven’t been taking care of yourself at all.”

 

“Jin hyung, life is tough out here,” Namjoon sighs despite a smile still plastered across his features.

 

He spares a glance towards Seokjin at the backseat through the rear-view mirror, half disappointed that he couldn’t see his brother’s eyes because he had covered it with a sunglass. He catches Taehyung’s eyes briefly though, his brother’s spouse whom he had never seen and only heard during the whole 3 years of their marriage.

 

“The States isn’t any better,” Seokjin says almost inaudibly, craning his head towards the windows. He’s sitting so close towards the door, purposely leaving a big space in between him and his spouse, Taehyung. The younger boy isn’t bothered at all. He prefers things to be this way between the two of them.

 

Namjoon actually waits for more words to come out from Seokjin’s mouth but they fall into a deafening silence. He ends up only giving some specific orders to the newly hired driver and the two husbands in the back seat are just minding their own business, once in a while checking onto their phones. Is it always like that for married couples after a few years? Namjoon wonders in his head although he never speaks it out loud. He just wishes that they will arrive at the Ciel Group mansion quickly.

 

After what feels like an eternity just passed by, the car finally reaches the security post. The car stops for a while for verification before it zooms past the guards and Taehyung is immediately mesmerized by the beautiful view in front of him. His jaw hangs loose upon seeing the beautiful manicured trees and he doesn’t know if it’s because he haven’t been in Korea for so long but even the bushes seems nice inside here. And the catch is: the mansion is not even in sight yet, how big is this place?

 

Seokjin takes off his sunglasses after a while as he sees the familiar yet not so familiar enormous white luxurious mansion with a big fountain right in front of it, surrounded by beautiful garden that is well taken care of and gravel walkways. He smiles subtly, almost unseen to everyone else as his childhood memories all floods his mind, ignoring Taehyung’s little excited ‘holy ’ right beside him. As the car comes to a complete stop, he hops off in an instant, not even waiting for the door to be opened for him. He stretches out his limbs, the smile on his face grows wider.

 

“Welcome home, hyung,” Namjoon says with an adequate wamth. “You too, brother in law. It’s your first time coming here so, welcome.”

 

“I certainly did not expect it to be this big,” Taehyung whistles playfully before his eyes moves over towards his luggage that is being hauled off the bonnet. “Watch it, please. I have my precious snowball in there.”

 

“Snowball?” Seokjin raises a brow skeptically as he wears his backpack on his shoulders. “Questionable taste.”

 

“Shut up, my mom bought it for me and you have zero rights to judge,” Taehyung huffs. Seokjin shrugs nonchalantly and Namjoon who’s just watching everything resorts to let out what sounds like a choked laugh.

 

“So this is how marriage looks like after 3 years. Interesting.”

 

“Don’t ever be like me, Namjoon,” Seokjin shakes his head, eyes trained onto Taehyung. “Not worth it.”

 

“Same goes to you Mister !” Taehyung yells before he widens his eyes and covers his mouth with his hand. “Sorry, I forgot we’re no longer in the States.”

 

“Ha, cute. Couples’ fight?” Namjoon chuckles, gesturing to the mansion while he’s at it. “Come on, everyone’s waiting for you.”

 

“Yeah, sure,” Seokjin follows Namjoon’s lead, letting him walk before he mutters a soft ‘Behave’ towards his husband. Taehyung rolls his eyes but still, he knows that he’ll be in deep deep trouble if he keeps acting up. He knows it. He’s just not really used to ever being nice towards Seokjin. It’s especially hard when the guy is nowhere near decent. Heck, he’s almost nowhere near a human being either and Taehyung couldn’t actually recall a conversation between them that didn’t last with him cursing Seokjin, at least in his mind.

 

Everything about the Ciel Group mansion is just exactly as how Seokjin remembers it. There’s something endearing knowing that nothing really changes despite him leaving home for 15 years. He now wonders what had happened to his old room. No matter how childish it is, he still misses the old bolster he had used. His mom knitted the bolster case and he remembers crying so hard when Aunt Miso, the head housekeeper in the house back then tries to wash it off.

 

“My mother,” Seokjin starts again as they’re right in front of the front door. “Is she in as well?”

 

“Our mother, hyung,” Namjoon corrects him and Taehyung thinks he sounds kinda bitter. “And yes, she’s inside.”

 

“I almost forgot that we have the same mother,” Seokjin hums. “That’s how long we had been apart from each other.”

 

“I feel like I have to remind you that it’s your choice, solely,” Namjoon turns his head towards his brother, his grip on the gold plated door handle tightens with every seconds passing. “You’re the one who chose to leave me and everyone.”

 

“And it worked out well for the both of us. You should be thanking me.”

 

“I should be thanking you? Me?” Namjoon’s eyes widens in pure surprise. “You are ing kidding me. You have no idea what kind of chaos is happening in this house now. You have absolutely no idea.”

 

Taehyung’s eyes are rapidly blinking, the nervousness of meeting the whole family is now replaced with the anxiousness of the two brothers fighting. He holds onto Seokjin’s arms before his husband can utter another word, rubbing it gently with a forced smile on his face.

 

“I’m so, so hungry! Can we just get inside quickly? Please?” Seokjin frowns as he tries to tear himself off Taehyung so he pleads more, refusing to let go. “Please?”

 

Namjoon seems to just now realize that Taehyung is still there with him. He immediately puts on his calm façade that he had on ever since the time he had to pick Seokjin up at the airport. “Sorry. Let’s go in.”

 

Taehyung breathes out as Namjoon walks in further, feeling like he just narrowly escaped a catastrophic event. “Thank God.”

 

“Let go of me already, will you?” Seokjin scowls and Taehyung only now realizes that he haven’t let go of his husband’s arms. He throws his hands up in the air, letting Seokjin walk past him.

 

“,” Taehyung mutters, blowing onto his bangs as he watches his husband’s figure disappear from his sight. They had literally just arrived and he’s already fighting with Seokjin. He can feel the headache coming so he brings his hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose. This ridiculous marriage just turned out to be more and more burdening.

 

Yeah, he’s married to Kim Seokjin, the eldest son of the prestigious, most harmonious and everything-nice-attached-to-it Kim Family who owns Ciel Group International. Taehyung had done his own research on the family, knowing that Seokjin will never tell him with his own mouth. Of course he has to at least know what kind of family they are beforehand.

 

Knowing each one of the family members is a bit confusing, which he will confront soon enough, but the media only has nice things to say about them. Each one of the family members, from the oldest to the youngest have done something very exceptional in their respective fields and despite not wanting to admit it, Taehyung thinks is very fortunate that he ends up being married to their eldest son. It helps him financially in every way possible and his family’s future is secured thanks to the marriage of benefit for both sides. Seokjin needs him in order to be able to stay as the strongest candidate as the next President of Ciel Group while Taehyung’s father who is in politics needs Ciel Group’s influence and power to back him up.

 

It’s a win-win situation for both their sides but they haven’t wrote up a contract or anything like that. Heck, Taehyung can count with his fingers the exact number of times they have met during their supposedly 3 years of marriage when they were in the States. He would love to put a definite label for their relationship because calling Seokjin as his husband doesn’t sound appealing at all to him but as Taehyung brings up the topic with him, he said it’s, quote, ‘childish and cliché as , who in the world these days would ever do such thing anymore, it only provides nosy people with an evidence’, end quote. So Taehyung drops the idea but the marriage did come with an expiry date. He knows that for sure since they have agreed on it but there’s just no way to know when exactly that date is.

 

Yeah, to put Taehyung’s situation in words, he’s basically trapped for an indefinite amount of time.

 

“What are you doing there? Come here,” Seokjin calls out in a honey-like voice and gestures him to come over and Taehyung thinks that does not suit him at all. He fights the urge to cringe, telling himself that he will get over this soon, that with him entering this house and permanently living here means that he will have to get used to the lovey dovey couple act.

 

“I’m coming,” Taehyung grumbles as he quickens his steps and Seokjin nods once, holding out his arms.

 

“Do we really have to-“

 

“My parents are inside,” Seokjin utters inaudibly and takes Taehyung’s hand hastily and places it over his arms, faking a civil smile and the younger boy does the same. It’s showtime once again. Seokjin nods to the two maids holding onto the door and they push open the huge door towards the dining hall.

 

“Here comes our very important guest! Can we eat now, please?”


“Yoongi,” An elderly woman seating on the spot on the main chair’s right side says shortly yet very decisively towards the boy by his side. This is Seokjin’s mom, Taehyung notes to himself. Ha Youngseo is her name. “Welcome home, Seokjin and Taehyung. It had been a while,” She says with a warm smile.

 

Taehyung and Seokjin bows towards her politely and she nods in acknowledgement.

 

“Okay, alright, fine. Welcome home, Jin hyung and brother in law! Now can we please just eat?” Yoongi waves excitedly from his seat as Seokjin and Taehyung and settles down on the long dining table with Seokjin taking the seat right opposite his mother. There are two maids standing behind each of their chairs, helping to push it as they sit down and Taehyung sits straight in poise and elegance, just like how he had practiced for all these while.

 

“Taehyung, this is my second brother, Yoongi. Yoongi, meet Taehyung,” Seokjin introduces them from across the table and Yoongi just flashes a peace sign in response. “Next to him is Namjoon, of course, he’s my third brother and next to you is-“ Seokjin pauses, squinting at the boy who is sitting right beside Taehyung. “Who is he?”

 

“Wow, you haven’t met Jimin? It had been like, what, 5 years since he entered this family?” Yoongi chirps in and Seokjin’s mother by his side lets out a sound from the back of , her expression changing.

 

“Huh. Mother, you got pregnant while I was away?” Seokjin frowns before he shakes his head furiously. “Wait, that doesn’t makes sense, he looks old,” he cranes his head back towards Jimin’s direction again “Hey, how old are you?”

 

Jimin seems surprised and intimidated. All of the sudden, every single one of the family is looking at him. “Uh… twenty one.”

 

“It’s not mother, Jin hyung,” Namjoon explains after seeing his mother’s change of expression, pointing towards the seemingly innocent boy sitting right opposite him. “Like Yoongi hyung, he’s our half-brother.”

 

“Different mom?” Seokjin shakes his head in pure disgust. “How many siblings do I have, actually? They keep coming out of nowhere,” He leans back against his chair, taking a sip of his water right after. “Father is amazing.”

 

“The President is here,” The maid in charge announces. Every one of them rises on their feet and the majestic door is wide open again to reveal an old, 50-ish man with a grumpy look on his face. He looks around until his eyes lands onto Seokjin and Taehyung. Seokjin pretends to not see him while Taehyung bows politely towards his father in-law.

 

“Hm. Good to see you both,” he says as he settles down on his chair at the end of the table. The rest of them sits down as well and Taehyung can’t help but to feel intimidated by Seokjin’s father’s presence.

 

“How was the flight, Taehyung?” he asks unexpectedly despite Seokjin sitting just on his right side.

 

“It was good, Mr President. I had a good sleep,” Taehyung answers with a bashful smile. “It’s a long flight.”

 

“Father,” The President corrects Taehyung. “You should call me father,” He then turns towards Seokjin, an almost scowl on his face. “You didn’t even tell him that before coming here?”

 

“Oh no no, of course Seokjin did, I just-“

 

“Yeah, I told him the President is scary so be careful, that’s all,” Seokjin says and Taehyung sees both him and his father’s vibe are so tense that it almost scares everyone else into a dead silence.

 

“Fifteen years you’ve been away and you don’t change even one bit,” The President scoffs, reaching over for his napkin on the table and spreads it out.

 

“Maybe it’s because I’m your son, Mister President,” Seokjin replies in a condescending way. “Your eldest and the most stubborn son.”

 

“Can we just… eat? As in eat in peace?” Seokjin’s mom ends up saying. “Taehyung is still a guest, isn’t he? Look at how uncomfortable he is.”

 

Seokjin and his father lets out a disapproving sound from the back of their throat that sounds almost identical and Taehyung almost burst out laughing hearing that. Seriously, like father like son.

 

The rest of the lunch goes pretty well. Seokjin’s father and mother are unexpectedly very interested in the political works that Taehyung’s father is involved in and luckily he had made his personal research on his father’s beliefs. Yoongi keeps saying he doesn’t understand politics as an art person himself and Namjoon chirps in with the amazing philosophical quotes from the books he had read before. Jimin in the meantime is just sitting at his spot silently and Taehyung somehow pities him. He looks like he doesn’t really fit in with the whole family.

 

While everyone is busy talking about the amazing things they’re working on, excitedly sharing it with their father who sometimes nods in approval and praises his son but sometimes let out a grunt is disapproval, Taehyung thinks that the family is harmonious despite their little intense fights. It is true after all, the whole story about them that the media reported. That was until Jung Hoseok, the family’s lawyer enters the dining hall to give out his routine briefing and Seokjin, his father and his mother excused themselves to talk about something important in the President’s office that he set up at home.

 

“Young master Yoongi, please,” Hoseok starts his briefing with a plead. “I’ve told you for how many times by now? Ciel Group will continue our investment on your girl groups so enough on the controversy already!”

 

“Lawyer Jung, do you even know a thing about art?” Yoongi asks, looking completely offended. “That’s what I’m doing in my entertainment company, alright? Art. A, R, T. My newly debuted girl group is an exquisite form of art that someone art-blind like you will never understand.”

 

“Yeah, within two weeks of their debut, one of the members comes out with a tattoo on their body, another one comes out with a long-time girlfriend a week after that and do I even have to mention to you about this new controversy?” Hoseok scrolls through an article on his iPad, his reading glasses are down onto his nose and his judging eyes looking up towards the still stubborn Yoongi. “The amount of air-ing in their new special choreography video is… uncountable.”

 

“Is it wrong for them to do that? The song is amazing and it sells really well though?” he throws his hands in the air and Taehyung’s lips curl up into a smile. “My girls are human beings! You don’t expect me to be the kind of CEO that really makes them sign up a slavery contract for years, right? I’m too kind for that.”

 

“Yoongi hyung, you actually think this is a sort of promotion on its own isn’t it?” Namjoon pipes up in the middle of Hoseok reading out the content of the hot article online.

 

“You’re brilliant. But I also wanna be revolutionary, you know? Treat your idols like human. Be free and explore everything. But fans these days, gosh. Makes a lot of things harder,” Yoongi scrunches up his nose. “Okay, enough babbling, Lawyer Jung, I’ll handle it as soon as possible, okay?”

 

Hoseok seems to be very relieved by Yoongi’s response and Taehyung couldn’t help but to wonder how much is the lawyer being paid for in return of him taking care of them like this.

 

“Next, ah… Young master Jimin!” Hoseok calls up, half yelling in frustration. “Please, how many times have it been this week only?”

 

Jimin’s head perks up to look at the family’s lawyer, a sheepish smile on his face afterwards. Namjoon shakes his head and his foot reaches over to kick Jimin’s shin lightly.

 

“Ouch- ah hyung!”

 

“You deserve that, kid,” Yoongi applauds, whistling playfully afterwards. “He’s the real pain in the , isn’t he, Hoseok?”

 

“You can go to jail for it, Young Master Jimin, please please, be careful,” Hoseok pleads “We’re doing all we can to cover up your traces but goodness gracious, it’s the exact same IP address every single time I feel like if it happens again I can end up memorizing it!”

 

“What did he do?” Taehyung asks even before he can even stop himself.

 

“Our brother here is a hacker,” Namjoon answers his brother in law in the midst of Jimin trying to defend himself from Hoseok’s so-called accusation.

 

“Hacker?” Taehyung repeats, his jaw hanging loose.

 

“Yeah, he helps conmans occasionally and would end up with so much money inside his Swiss account. This crazy dimwit,” Yoongi shakes his head in disapproval and Jimin just ends up jutting his lips out. “He also aids thieves and ended up with so many original pottery and art works in his room. Seriously, he’s the worst amongst us. His room is just one mini ing museum!”

 

“I was just bored sometimes…” he mutters, as if almost purposely only for Taehyung to catch. He turns to look at Jimin by his side before he gives the boy a smile. Jimin smiles back briefly before their focus goes back onto the non-stop babbling of Hoseok.

 

“We get it, Hoseok. Be more like Namjoon, he just locks himself inside his room and reads all day sometimes. We really get it,” Yoongi brushes him off and Hoseok sighs softly.

 

“I’m only taking the President’s order. There has to be no flaw for anyone inside of Ciel Group family in order to minimize the owner's risk and I am apparently in charge to make sure everything is in order,” Hoseok says in his civil tone before he takes off his reading glasses and bows towards everyone and lastly in Taehyung’s direction. “And ah, welcome to Ciel Group’s mansion, Young Master Taehyung. Sorry you have to witness all of this on the first day here.”

 

“Thank you, Lawyer Jung. And don’t mind me, I’m also a family, aren’t I?” Taehyung says such wise words that made Hoseok smile and nods approvingly.

 

Hoseok exits the dining hall after that and everyone takes off one by one. Yoongi had promised that he will catch up with Taehyung later on but now he has to attend an important meeting in his company. Jimin just scurries away without much words and Namjoon is the last one to leave the hall, along with Taehyung.

 

“You don’t know where your room is, right?” he smiles brightly as he gestures for Taehyung to follow him. “Jin hyung and father might be talking for a long time so I’ll take you there. Ah, your stuffs are all there already so, no worries!”

 

Taehyung hums as he follows Namjoon and whenever they bump into some maids in the house, everyone will bow towards them. Namjoon seems to never mind them but Taehyung kinda feels bad seeing how they have to stay in their position until the young masters have went past them completely. Welcome to the world of real chaebols, Taehyung, he tells himself.

 

“There you go, your room is the only room on this level. You know, married couples’ privilege. Mine, Yoongi hyung’s and Jimin’s rooms are all on level two. Level one is the library, dining hall, father’s office and our parents’ bedroom. You’ll get the gist of it soon, I promise,” Namjoon says as soon as the reach a particular door towards a room on level 3. 

 

“Thank you, really.” Taehyung says, just now realizing that that is the phrase that he have said the most today.

 

Namjoon left after a tad bit of more chit-chatting with Taehyung and honestly, he’s tired. He had wished for the older boy to leave immediately after showing the way but to his dismay, he’s not doing exactly that. Now this, this is another form of torture for Taehyung just being here. The lunch session together? That’s one form of torture on its own that is a story for some other time.

 

He enters the room that is conveniently unlocked as soon as Namjoon’s figure disappears along the hallway. He is greeted by two queen sized beds that are located right next to each other, just a bit of space in between of them. Their carriers are set up by their beds and Taehyung immediately jumps onto the bed that is the closest to the walls.

 

“Take everything in today and remember that this is your prison cell from this day and counting,” He mutters to himself as he moves to sit on one of the bed, sighing softly.

 

***

 

“It’s not a loveless marriage.”

 

“I know it is. Don’t lie to me. I’m your father!”

 

“Really, it had been three years into our marriage and now you wanna doubt us? It’s kinda too late for that, isn’t it?” Seokjin raises his brows and his father, Kim Jaerim, lets out that little disapproving noise as he leans back against his couch. Seokjin’s mother, Ha Youngseo, is sitting on the couch on his right side and Seokjin is on the left side. It’s the little rule that they’ve always kept in the house, very particular regarding the spots where they sit on.

 

“I can see it from the way your husband even looks at you. You both look like strangers,” Jaerim points out and Seokjin frowns in response.

 

“He is not a stranger,” Seokjin presses, finding it funny that in reality, Taehyung is actually sort of a stranger-like person in his life. “We are in love but we don’t need to announce it to the whole ing world.”

 

“Ironically enough, that’s what you actually did. Do you remember?” the President scoffs. “You announced your marriage in your wedding attire to the ‘whole ing world’ while you’re in the States out of the blue. Imagine how flustered I was? Imagine how surprised your mother was. But did you ever think of us? No. One of us could’ve died from heart attack just like that and you would never know because you blocked our numbers!”

 

“Ah, what do you know about young love, father?” Seokjin crosses his legs with an expression that is void of any emotion.

 

“I know for an instance, you could’ve called us and at least introduce Taehyung to us properly,” Jaerim sighs deeply. “Now suddenly this family is connected to the politics and although that is not much issue, I’d actually like to see his family before his son even got married you.”

 

“Well, for one,” Seokjin holds up one finger in the air. “Taehyung had specifically told me that we can’t before marriage and two-“

 

“Love, it had been three years, let it go,” Ha Youngseo cuts in before her son can continue with his ridiculous reasoning. “He’s finally home after so long. It’s a miracle that he even remembers this house anymore.”

 

“Yes, father, it had been three years,” Seokjin half mocks his mother’s tone. “Let it ing go.”

 

“Your wedding should have been the biggest event of the year. We have missed that chance to connect with so many influential people,” The President brings a hand up to massage his nose bridge and Seokjin just shrugs nonchalantly.

 

“I am very satisfied with only a small ceremony at the church. Just me and him, no one else.”

 

“You’re only doing this because you want my company,” Seokjin’s father presses. “It’s a contract marriage, isn’t it?”

 

“Do you have any option other than giving it to me, father?”

 

“Your brothers.“

 

“Ah, my brothers? That’s why you keep on collecting more and more of them like Pokemons? To use them as your shield when the time comes?” Seokjin asks, laughing right after as if he just made some sick joke.

 

“Kim Seokjin!” the President’s voice booms throughout the room but Seokjin is not even flinching.

 

“Your era is over, father. Like it or not, you need a new, fresh face to take over your position. And those little Pokemons you have? They’re nothing against me,” Seokjin condescendingly says. “I’m the eldest son, the second biggest shareholder in the company. You’d literally have to kill me first before your Pokemons can even be useful.”

 

“Jinnie…” his mother calls out his nickname, one from his childhood that he never allowed anyone to use as he grows older.

 

“Ah, it’s better if you guys don’t go up there to my room. There’s a reason why I asked for a room up there, you know? Away from everyone else? My husband is kinda loud when we’re doing the do, which is almost every night,” He says just to spite his father. “Our pet goldfish even died when we’re in the States from the unexpectedly high decibel so if you don’t want to walk in on us then…” he shrugs once again before he stands up, bowing down slightly towards his parents before he leaves his father’s office with a successful smirk on his face.

 

“Your son is such a headache, Youngseo,” The President says as soon as Seokjin walks out of the room, slamming the door close behind him.

 

“And you never want to trust me when I said that he takes after you,” Youngseo leans back against her chair, sighing softly. “Too much.”

 

***

 

Taehyung was fast asleep when the door to his room that he shares with Seokjin is suddenly wide opened to reveal his husband with his ears as red as a tomato. He jolts up as quickly as possible, scurrying away from the bed he slept on earlier.

 

“Ridiculous! What kind of nonsense!” Seokjin groans as he closes the door behind him. “This is straight up insane. It had been three years, I thought he would never bring it up again.”

 

“Bring what up? Who is he?”

 

“My goddamn father. I can’t believe he’s nitpicking our relationship,” Seokjin walks back and forth inside the room, the frown on his forehead so prominent that Taehyung thinks it might stay there forever. “He thinks our marriage is loveless.”

 

“I mean… was he wrong…“ Taehyung mutters under his breath and luckily, Seokjin is too deep into his own thoughts to even notice it.

 

“We have to prove him wrong.”

 

“Huh, what do you wanna do?”

 

“Me? No, no, this requires us. The both of us,” Seokjin looks around the room, finally realizing that there are two beds in the supposedly married couple’s room. This is a dead giveaway, Seokjin thinks. “We don’t need two beds. I’m gonna ask for one king bed for both of us.”

 

“What?”

 

“Kim Taehyung. We have to act like we’re truly, really in love for my father and everyone else to see.”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous! How much more in love can we go?” Taehyung asks, his cheeks heating up at the inappropriate thoughts that suddenly pops up in his head.

 

“Until the end. Until the furthest we can go,” Seokjin says it with such determination that Taehyung thinks he doesn’t really know the depth of what he is suggesting. “He won’t trust me with the company unless I do that.”

 

“Seokjin-“

 

“No, don’t call me like that. We sound too distant,” He pauses for a moment before he comes out with a nickname. “Call me honey and I’ll call you dear. That should be good enough. Gross nicknames is a must.”

 

“What the ?” Taehyung breathes out, his head is slowly getting dizzy from the sudden intensity of their act. This is nothing like what’s in the program that they have planned!

 

“Look, if I don’t get to be the next President then your father won’t be getting the support he wants. Both of us will go down if this doesn’t go well, do you get me?” Seokjin looks straight into Taehyung’s eyes and the younger boy bites onto his lips. Seokjin is right, they’re doing this for mutual benefit. And there’s nothing that Taehyung can’t do for his family.

 

“Okay but…. Shouldn’t we write something? Just so this won’t go out of hand, you know?”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous. What could ever go out of hand with you?” Seokjin contorts his features in pure disgust. “Don’t get ahead of yourself, you’re not even my style.”

 

“Excuse me? Mister like you is nothing close to my style okay?” Taehyung raises his voice, suddenly getting all hyped up. “I ing hate s.”

 

“Great, and I hate someone as dull as you. Now that we have reached that conclusion, it means we start the real married couple act starting from now,” Seokjin nods as he loosens his tie that only now feels less suffocating, since he had found a way to get himself out of this sticky situation. “We’re sleeping on that bed from now on. Together. You and me.”

 

“If you snore, I’m gonna kick you back to the States,” Taehyung warns, rolling his eyes as Seokjin shrugs without much emotion on his face as he reaches for a towel and moves to the bathroom.

 

What the is this guy? Is he a block of ice or something similar to that? Does he really think that nothing will happen between us after all the lovey dovey act? Seriously, why am I the only one panicking about this whole idea? Taehyung’s brain is loud with all kind of questions even until that night, when Seokjin really ends up getting in the same bed as him. After midnight, Taehyung stealthily tries to move from the bed after making sure that the older boy is really asleep but then as if knowing what he’s planning, Seokjin holds onto his wrist and pulls him back to the bed.

 

“I feel like you’re not taking my family seriously,” Seokjin utters sleepily, hands loosely holding onto Taehyung’s wrist. “If my father says he’s suspecting us it means he will do everything in his power to expose us. And by everything, I really mean it. Everything. And if there’s something great that my father possesses, it’s power. Don’t even risk it.”

 

While Seokjin just continues to sleep like it’s nothing, Taehyung is just beside him, looking up at the white ceiling with a heavy heart. Maybe everything will be easier if his heart aren’t already leaning towards Seokjin. Maybe he can sleep peacefully if only his heart isn’t doing some Olympic tier backflip just by being in the close proximity as Seokjin.

 

Well this. This marriage is just about to get more and more complicated than what it already is.