10th

10th

Despite the long evening she had, Hyomin's body and mind was still pretty much awake. Usually, she can feel sleep take over once she got out of the shower after a long day but guess that's not tonight. Remembering the event that happened earlier made her lips form into a smile. Glancing at the clock on her bedside table informed her that it's almost midnight. I have not yet posted the pictures.

 

Grabbing her phone, she opened her Instagram account. She then went over the bell icon, looking particularly for the person she was with earlier. Spotting the notification, Hyomin eagerly pressed her screen. She did not wait for long as her screen now filled with their picture. Her eyes landed on the caption just below it.

 

We first met through a broadcast, but over the past 10 years, we've grown together, and you've been by my side through difficult as well as happy times. She's a friend I'm thankful for. #InvincibleYouth #PreciousFriend #SuddenExplosionOfFeelings

 

She's got her way with words, that little Sunny.

 

Touched, her vision became a bit blurry as tears formed from the sudden emotions brought by Sunny's words. She's so grateful for the girl for what she had done years ago on Invincible Youth. She had taken her under her wing despite being an almost newbie on the same element. Hyomin and her group just debuted on the same year she went on the show and with zero variety program experience, she was often cut off hence, no air time. No air time means no promotion for her and her group, T-ara. In all honesty, she wouldn't be able to approach the charismatic ball of sunshine herself. If it was not for the producers giving her some push she needed, she would not go through the plan of sticking by the girl's side.

Out of desperation perhaps, but she needed to do whatever she can to not let opportunities pass by. Being casted in the show was a great blessing for newbies on a competitive industry. The pressure was on her to have the group's name a household name in Korea. She felt guilty passing on some pressure on Sunny's shoulder back then as she knew how already pressured the girl was being a member of the most sought after group, Girls' Generation. She still feel some guilt whenever she was reminded of that situation but little Sunny Bunny always remind her of why she should not. She's got what the girl told her years ago etched on her mind. It was like a mantra she repeats to herself whenever such occasion arises.

 

"Hyomin, you have the full potential. You pretty much have the wits and can catch on quite fast, I tell you. I swear you make our stomach exercise with the laughs you have given so don't think about it that way. We just have to polish it a bit so you can also shine."

 

She failed to notice tears flowing down her face from the memories until she looked back and touched her phone screen, feeling the dampness.

 

She took a moment to compose herself and fix the mess she made. She posted a reply after she felt she have calmed down.

 

A sappy party after a long time.

------

She closed the app after uploading the same picture with a lighter caption. Feeling nostalgic, she decided to re-watch the show. She's heard that it got uploaded for international fans to enjoy and revisit memories.

 

She was scrolling through, trying to remember what episode it was when she became inseparable to her sunshine when a short video caught her attention.

 

Sunny's reactions to Hyomin's confession (IY Sunbyung Couple)

 

Curious, she clicked on the video. She was greeted with a minute full of Sunny's smiles and laughter. It brought a smile on her own face as she remembered what ran through her mind during those times. Make Sunny smile. It became her mission whenever they would shoot for the show.

 

I mean, who wouldn't want to see that beautiful smile adorning that beautiful face?

 

Memories flooded Hyomin as she clicked on one SunByung video after another. She took notice of one thing though. She was really obvious. She thought she was subtle with what she felt but these videos said otherwise.

 

She then stumbled on her rooftop confession cut. She cannot help but cringe at her silliness but she remembered the feeling being rewarded by Sunny's laughter afterwards. God, she was obviously helplessly in love with the shorter girl.

 

She clicked on another and let out a chuckle as she remembered the scene like it happened yesterday. It was one where their maknae, Hyunah, snitched on them while on shoot with Eunjung.

 

"Right now they are holding and rubbing their hands together behind my , seriously"

 

"Move so we can see."

 

Hyunah then proceeded on bowing 90 degrees and walking backwards revealing the pair of intertwined hands hiding behind her. 

 

She cannot help letting out a laugh. Though low in volume, it's still loud enough to break the silence at almost 2 in the morning.

 

She then felt an arm make its way to her stomach tickling her in the process and wrapping itself when it reached her side. She's pretty sure the other person on her bed noticed that she's not completely lying down.

 

"Hyomin?" A sleep-laded voice called out. She brought her phone down and faced the owner of the voice. She saw her perking her head up, fighting the urge to sleep again.

 

"You're awake."

 

"Yeah, can't seem to fall asleep."

 

"Come on now then."

 

She gave her a questioning look, not really sure what she wanted her to do.

 

"Come lay down. Hurry."

 

"Gosh. So demanding," she said but positioned herself nonetheless, "Happy now?"

 

"Mhm. Now cuddle~" her voice was one octave higher. Aegyo. Hyomin smiled at the gesture. It never went away no matter how hard she tried to cover it nowadays.

 

"What if I don't wanna?" She teased. She knew pretty well that she won't be able to deny the girl but hey, she can play a bit right?

 

"Eung~ Sunny wants cuddle~ pwetty pwease~"

 

Laughing a bit, she succumbed to the older girl's charm. "Okay you win. Cuddle time."

 

She heard Sunny make a small 'yay' as a celebration. She re-positioned herself and Sunny buried her head on Hyomin's crook.

 

"What were you watching, Hyominnie?"

 

"Invincible Youth."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah really. Though I only watched those cuts of a couple named SunByung. Do you know them? They're quite cute."

 

She felt Sunny smile against her skin. "Yeah. They're like, the hottest couple there you know. I really like them."

 

"Me too! Though that Byungpoong should've controlled herself. She was obviously whipped for that Soonkyu."

 

"Yah! No real names okay?!" Hyomin let out a small "mhm" followed by an apology.

 

"I'm just joking. But you were right. That Byungpoong should've maintained her composure but hey, who can resist Sunny, eh?"

 

Hyomin let out a gasp coupled by a 'shocked' expression, albeit jokingly. "Oh God, the self praise! You're too much! Why was I with you again?"

 

"Because you, Hyomin, the Wallflower, Sunny's Byungpoong, is whipped. Still whipped after all those years. Oh and because you love me."

 

"Can't deny that, can I?"

 

"Try it and I'll punch you."

 

"So sweet."

 

"You know I'm kidding."

 

"I know. I love you my sunshine."

 

"I love you too, Minnie. Happy Anniversary."

 

 

-----end-------