Final

I Remember You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dong Hae continues to stare at her, with this question, 'Could it possibly be her?', demanding to be answered in his mind. Soo Yeon looks back at him, with no hint of suspicion in her stare, her lips curved into a sweet smile.

 

"Yes, so, Lee Donghae, please be the one to guide Ms. Jung around the campus. It's impossible for me to do so, schedule's tight, so please do the honors," Mrs. Goo requests with an apologetic smile.

 

Dong Hae stumbles on his words after having been distracted from staring, "Sure, Mrs. Goo. I'll be glad to do so. Let's go?"

 

She smiled before following his lead. Dong Hae lead at a friendly distance and she trailed behind him, looking around as Dong Hae described the school buildings and facilities they passed by.

 

"So, Jung, how's your first day going so far?" Donghae opted to start a conversation, which she half-heartedly replies to.

 

"Please don't call me Jung. I have a name." She says bitterly, though she still kept the sweet smile plastered on her pretty face.

 

"Soo Yeon, is that your name?" Dong Hae says, losing his care and becoming the most reckless person in the entire universe, or so he believed. 'No, no she's going to think I'm weird now,' he thinks as he shuts his eyes shortly in disbelief.

 

"My Korean name, how did you know?" She raises one of her eyebrows at him.

 

"Instincts." Dong Hae gives out an awful lie and she doesn't seem to buy it, but Soo Yeon coughs a laugh.

 

"You're instincts are too good, aren't they?" She walked faster, totally emphasizing the word 'too.'

 

Dong Hae flinched as he realized the path they were taking, this was the path showing the way to the certain garden Donghae and Soo Yeon spent their childhood beautifying, it was the garden the children considered most precious, the heart of their friendship.

 

"Come this way," He leads her and she follows as he says. Dong Hae notices how the other flinches once they reached its entrance.

 

"Is there anything wrong?" he asks and she replies with an, 'It's nothing,' and Dong Hae lets her words slip away before they entered to sit on one of the benches inside. Soo Yeon looked completely bothered and Dong Hae doesn't want to put his hopes too high, until

 

"I don't remember seeing a well here," She says out of the blue.

 

Suddenly, a wave of memories hit Soo Yeon like a wave of shock. Just like how light flashes before her eyes, images of two children who enjoyed each other's company inside the garden, playing a game of hide-and-seek flashes before her. The image of the garden hits her, looking exactly as the one she was in at the exact moment, but there was no well in sight. 

 

"Hello? Earth to Soo Yeon?" He waved his hand around her puzzled face. Soo Yeon blinks in an abnormally fast pace, closing and opening as though she was thinking of something so deeply as she shakes her head repeatedly.

 

"Are you sick?" He asks in concern, feeling her forehead to check her temp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter