Final

Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Jessica still remembered every moment they’d shared.

Very distinctly. And very fondly.

The very first time they met, when Jessica’s mother introduced them, Taeyeon was seven and she was five. Taeyeon was adorable little kid with cute dimple. Very gentle, warm-hearted and selfless.

Taeyeon had lost her parents at that age and since then she had been living with The Jungs, together with her grandmother who had been working with Jung Family when Jessica’s father was only a teenager.

The five-year-old Jessica couldn’t be more happier to learn that from then on she would had someone to play with. Not only that, the fact that both of Jessica’s parents did welcome Taeyeon with open arms and truly adored her, Taeyeon knew and always show how grateful she was. Since then, Taeyeon and Jessica were practically inseparable. Just like an older sister would do, Taeyeon took care of Jessica in a way that even Jessica was way more clingy to her than to her parents. Taeyeon didn’t mind any of it because of Jessica, Taeyeon could finally feel the warm of a family once again.

As the time goes by, Jessica realized Taeyeon actually was not only kind, smart and clever but also could be witty when she wanted to be. Fast forward when both hit their puberty, Jessica slowly witnessed behind those innocent yet caring round eyes and reserve personality, Taeyeon’s appearance had changed and it obviously screamed charming. Again that wasn’t the only thing stood out, Jessica also noticed Taeyeon’s fondness towards her. The smile in Taeyeon’s eyes whenever Jessica caught her staring.

Jessica was fourteen when she had learned about the feelings she harbor for Taeyeon. Yet, she didn’t know any better how to act on the feelings she had.

When Jessica was seventeen, it had been two years since Taeyeon was assigned as her chauffeur after graduatedfrom high school, and Jessica was in her senior year. Jessica was brave and very upfront of how she felt. That very first day Taeyeon sent her to school, she was squelling. In the way of very Princess like she said, “You will always be my Prince Charming, won’t you, Taengoo? When we get older, let’s get married.” She was still innocent and very naïve then.

Jessica smiled at that memory.

Taeyeon’s face flushed. Jessica recalled how she thought disapproval was on the tip on Taeyeon’s tongue but then tiny smile simply gave it away, quickly Taeyeon looked away bashfully.

Even after graduated from high school, Jessica then asked her father to assign Taeyeon as her personal bodyguard just to keep her close. Hoping Taeyeon would brave enough and make a move. They may had spent their childhood together and even their friends back in junior high school thought they were sisters. Yet, Taeyeon was so respectful. Taeyeon always had been so careful not to cross the line, but Jessica knew it was simply because of her status. Because Taeyeon often reminded her so. “You are indeed a Princess after all.”

So when the time came where eventually, they had started dating. As expected, it was Jessica who kissed Taeyeon first on her twenty-year-old birthday. Since then, they had been sneaking around just to have more private time together.

In their twenties, which Jessica was twenty two and Taeyeon was twenty four. Obviously to Jessica, Taeyeon had grown to be a very gentlewoman, and it was clear, how careful and respectful when it came to priority and status to Taeyeon, and of course that also include the fear of the president.

Taeyeon had once told her, “I am only your cabman.” Jessica frowned at that. Ridiculous. Her sweet caring Taeyeon was a gentleman. Jessica knew there was no others could hold the stars in her eyes like Taeyeon did in this universe. For Jessica, Taeyeon held her happiness. Taeyeon may not be a typical prince who lives in a castle with thousand of soldiers, but she sure was a prince of Jessica’s heart. And that was more than enough.

Jessica will be graduating from college this year. She had told Taeyeon numerous times, “I want us to get married once I graduate.” Taeyeon hummed. No more respond after that.

If Jessica were being honest, it didn’t matter to her if there would be a wedding or not, she just wanted Taeyeon. She just wanted to be in Taeyeon’s arms, where she felt safe and sound just listening to Taeyeon’s steady heartbeat and soft breath. Her forever with Taeyeon. That was all she wanted and she ever needed.

But lately, Taeyeon had been so busy to whatever her father had assigned her to do. They barely spent a night together. Jessica wondered if her father found out about her relationship with Taeyeon. So that was why her father kept sending Taeyeon away.

It was six months ago, the last time both of them spent a quiet yet romantic time. At that time, the president was out of the country together with the first lady. They had spent a very meaningful night, their anniversary night. Yet again, the topic of marriage was brought up by Jessica herself, but her Taeyeon seemed so under pressure and said,

“You know, if this was a fairytale, you would be the princess that lives in the castle. I mean your father is a president of this country that by default made him as a king and you’re his precious little princess.” Taeyeon embraced the girl in a back hug who she voted to love dearly. “And I’m just the cabman.” She said sadly.

Here they go again with this talk. How much she hated it whenever Taeyeon brought up this topic.

They were standing at her garden that at least could gather three or four hundreds people, the cold wind of the night engulfed them with the star shining so bright above them. She looked at the small river that her father had built just because she whined for days before her fifteen year old birthday party. It reflected their figures which looked like one person since the other girl was backhugging her.

Jessica sighed before turning around in Taeyeon’s arms. “I love you. That’s all that matters.” She told the other girl cupping her cheeks. “I love you, Taeyeon. When are you going to understand I don’t care what you are?”

“Your father is very fond of Mr.-..”

“If it’s not Kim Taeyeon, the only granddaughter of grandma Kim, whom I spent my childhood with, who took care of me throughout my school days, drove me to school every day after she graduated, who cheers me up with her silly act, loves me unconditionally, even if she thinks of herself as only a cabman, then I don’t want to get married. You hear me, Kim Taeyeon?”

“My Lady.”

“No. I don’t want to hear anymore of that. You are you, Kim Taeyeon. The one that I love, the one that I’ll spend the rest of my life with. Period.”

Taeyeon smiled at that. A really happy smile. Proud. And it was contagious. It was cheesy, but Taeyeon’s smile did light up her sky.

After that night, a few days after the president came back, he and her mother had requested to see Taeyeon. It was clear to Jessica when the maid said “Miss Taeyeon is requested to see The President and The First Lady, Young Lady Jung.” Taeyeon was so nervous, she was fumbling after the maid left. Jessica had to assure her that everything would be okay, she would stand by her side no matter what.

Turned out, Taeyeon no longer was a bodyguard to Jessica, but she would work personally with the president himself.

But why?

Jessica found it odd. She wanted to ask her father, but she just couldn’t bring herself to. Her father may be always soft when it comes to her but still Jessica was afraid it would be upsetting to him.

So yeah, it had been six months, nevertheless this question still bothered her so much.

When she was still deep in thoughts, her phone beeps.

My Lady, I will be back together with The President tomorrow. I’ve been missing you quite a lot lately. Stay warm in this chilly night.

Always yours.

 

Exactly two days after Taeyeon came back, the president announced that Taeyeon would be transferred to another city to continue a new goverment project which again leaving Jessica utterly confused. This was very new. Since when Taeyeon involved in this kind of project?

Whenever Jessica had asked Taeyeon about her departure with her father and what would she be doing there, Taeyeon would easily answer her, “Nothing much to do, just keeps learning a thing or two and guard your father, that’s all.”

Jessica never pry, she trusted Taeyeon. If Taeyeon said so then Jessica would believe her so. But not this time anymore, her patient had reached its limits.

“Dad, since when did you decide to let Taeyeon join any goverment project? Why haven’t I been informed?”

It didn’t sound demanding just purely curiosity. Jessica respected her parents so much. But this news was worrisome. There were so many what ifs in her mind and of course the first list was what if her parents found out about the relationship they have and then her parents decide to hate Taeyeon after that. Recalling Taeyeon’s status and where she came from, Jessica wasn’t entirely sure how exactly her parents’ view of Taeyeon. Though both adore Taeyeon ever since she was young but you see the problem was to marry Jessica off with their own employee not to mention wasn’t one of aristocrats, that could be only in Jessica’s wildest dream.

So that was being said they had a strong valid reason to push Taeyeon away from Jessica. Even Jessica hated to admit this but Taeyeon was right at one point, her father was very fond of Mr. Kwon’s Son.

No way. There is no way.

Jessica gripped her hands tight, she could feel the beginning of anxiety.

“Jessica, please be understanding.” Her father told her softly and that was all she got.

 

Later that night in Jessica’s bedroom, Taeyeon stood still watching the younger girl paced back and forth without a single word.

Be understanding, her father said. What was that supposed to mean? What should she be understading about? That was so confusing and frustrating. What exact-..?

“My Lady? My Young Lady Jung?”

Jessica turned to her, wondering if Taeyeon would finally let her know what exactly was going on.

“How did this happen?”

“I honestly have no idea. The president, your father, didn’t tell me anything. I also just found out about this.”

This was worrying. Jessica walks up to her, cupping Taeyeon’s face in her hands soon it was reciprocating by Taeyeon wrapping her arms around Jessica’s slim waist.

“I’m worried. Is this my father’s way to tell us that he knows? Why does this feel like the last time you are here with me? What to do, my love?”

Seeing Jessica in distress, Taeyeon understood what she meant.

“My Lady, this is your father’s decision, you know I don’t have any power to do anything. I am only a cabman, remember?” Taeyeon said, voice was full of sadness and Jessica knew both of them had no say in this but to obey.

Would it be okay if she was being a little persistent this time? Jessica thought to herself.

“What do you think if I talk to my father, ask his permission to let me go with you? I mean I could use a little help there, no?”

“Please, don’t endager yourself for me, My Lady. I really appreciate it but I don’t want you to get any trouble or harm in this matter. Besides, you still need to graduate first.”

“Taeyeon.”

The affection tone Jessica used to call Taeyeon with only hope it could relay Jessica’s feelings.

When Taeyeon pulled her close and rest their forehead together, Jessica almost teared up.

“I know, My Lady. I know.” Taeyeon assured her with so much love and Jessica’s heart couldn’t handle that but to be broken.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter