Simple Crush Part II

Simple Crush

 

Good Morning, Seulgi.

 

Seulgi stared at the words she've been consistently receiving from him ever since that day he called and made an offer to hang out with her.

 

She wasn’t going to lie, it made her mornings better. It became something she always looked forward to each morning. She acknowledged she’s a bear, a sleepyhead, but now she had this push to get up and check the messages every day.

 

It’d vary, sometimes he’d add things like; Eat your breakfast properly, Hope you have a great day ahead, Smile brightly today, You can get through this day and the like. And she’d follow each of them every day. She’s quite amazed of the effect he had on her by simply doing that.

 

She usually replies to him with an update on her activities for the day. That day she was particularly excited to give him a reply.

 

Partly because this day he’d picked I want to see you soon to add to his usual message. Coincidentally, her schedule was clear that day.

 

She sat up and hugged her pillow, excitedly typing up her response, I’m free today! She added a couple of excited stickers.

 

His reply came almost immediately. Ok. I’ll end our practice early today.

 

She snickered to herself. He seemed particularly serious on his intent to see her soon. Oh, no need! I can wait.

 

Ok. I’ll make sure the boys perfect our dance routine early.

 

Haha doesn’t that mean the same? Go easy on them. ^^ I can wait

 

He sends a thumbs up sticker then added, Can’t wait to see you.

 

Seulgi stared at his reply and pursed her lips. "Ah, chincha." What was he doing to her heart?

 

She knew something had already started within her. She didn’t plan on stopping it.

 

That’s when it started to seem like it might not be just a simple crush anymore.

 

---

 

“Do you like art?”

 

“Hm?” Jaebeom looked up from his camera and at her who was drinking her strawberry latte, she took a break from her drawing.

 

The other day, he told her he collects cameras and he loved photography. So on their third date, she told him to bring his camera and brought him to a photography and art cafe she loved going to. He instantly loved the place, he could feel the excitement bubble up inside him.

 

Seulgi was looking at him with a small smile on her lips as well. “Just that you had that big grin on your face ever since you stepped inside the place.”

 

Jaebeom bit his lip, trying to calm down his smile. “I love art. And now, I love this place. Because of you.” He murmured as he looked at her, appreciating this being in front of him. He wanted to tell her some other thing he thinks he might love already.

 

Each time he experienced her, talked to her or met her, he just kept on discovering things about her that made him fall for her more. He was right to be intrigued by her from the start. She might seem nonchalant on the outside, but she had this depth he wanted to uncover every time.

 

Her liking to art, same as him, just made a testament to that as well.

 

His answer made her smile brightly, her eyes disappearing. “I’m glad.” He can’t help but think she was breathtakingly beautiful at that moment.

 

Without thinking, he brought up his polaroid camera and took a shot. Click.

 

“Hey! Why did you use it on me,” Her eyes widened in surprise, forming a cute pout. “You only had a number of sheets for that camera, right?”

 

She didn’t know even this early in what can be called their relationship, she was already worth those few shots. That for some reason, he’s already willing to use all of it on her if she wanted to. That this early, he already saw her as someone so dear to him now and the days ahead of them.

 

He didn’t tell her that, not yet. He’ll wait for the day he can tell her that. Instead he shrugged, “I wanted to remember our third date. And you look like you belong in this art place,” An art. “Seulgi.”

 

Her name rolling smoothly against his tongue caught her off guard.

 

On their second date, though he's been doing it in his text messages already, he proposed they drop their honorifics when they are together too since they were both born on the same year and started calling her by just her name. She had shrugged back then but he noticed the light blush on her cheeks when he tried it the first time.

 

“Stop it, you’re making me blush.” Seulgi looked away and sipped on her drink, a cute blush on her cheeks reappearing again. She proceeded to get back on her drawing.

 

Jaebeom snickered at her reaction and put his camera down. He propped his head on his palm as he watched her draw. He loved this view. Another thing he discovered was that she was good at drawing. The list just keeps going.

 

Seulgi feeling his eyes on her, glanced up at him. “Hm? What are you thinking…?”

 

Jaebeom felt himself smile, he noticed she loved asking that of him. What he was thinking or what did he think of things. She just genuinely wanted to know his opinion and he in turn, wanted to know her own thoughts as well.

 

He shook his head as he his lips, “Just that I’m glad, that I got the courage to ask you out and to get to know you.” He said the only truth he knows.

 

Seulgi’s eyes twinkled and she just smiled at him before she got back to finishing her drawing.

 

“I actually feel the same,” She says as she tore the page from her sketchbook and handed him her drawing.

 

He looked at the piece of paper. It was a drawing of him. She drew him. There was also a message.

 

Thank you for getting to know me and for letting me know you, as well.

Let’s cheer on each other, Jaebeom~ ^^

 

He smiled at the cute message. He brushed his thumb against his name she’d written. How could this girl make his heart feel so full?

 

Earlier, he wanted to tell her some other thing he thinks he might love already. Was it more than a simple crush already?


 

---

 

There’s this movie I want to rewatch!

 

Her random message to him one afternoon.

 

They’ve gone out quite a few times already in a span of half a year and Seulgi felt really comfortable with him that she can tell him random stuff she thought of. Same as how she wanted to hear his thoughts on anything. She could also talk casually to him now.

 

His reply came quickly,. Sure. What is it?

 

Oh, I’m not like… asking you to watch me. I actually watched it more than a few times already. Keke ^^

 

I just wanted to tell you about it. She added quickly.

 

I want to watch it. Seulgi smiled at his simple reply. He would always be like that, making her feel like he could spend his life getting to know her and what she likes. Like she was worth getting to know. She'd never felt this special before.

 

With you. His next message made her heart do somersaults.

 

Is it showing somewhere now? He added up on his proof of interest on her favorite movie. Seulgi wanted to calm her heart because of all this attention she was receiving from him.

 

Yes! I saw a poster of this cinema replaying old classic movies…

 

Ok, let’s go

 

Now?

 

Are you free?

 

I am but… are you sure?

 

I’m sure. About this movie and about you.

 

Seulgi stared at his reply a good whole minute before she buried her face on her pillow, feeling her face warm up. What was he doing to her heart?

 

Stop teasing me >.<

 

Haha. I’m serious. See you in 30 min.

 

---

 

Seulgi tapped the toe of her shoe on the ground as she leaned against a wall. She quickly turned when a hand tapped her shoulder. Too excited.

 

He smiled at her under his hat. He was too cute and handsome at the same time her heart was going to burst.

 

His smile could easily make her day and she was done denying that. She’s fallen for him. Hard.

 

pouted a little, it was unfair how he can make her heart flutter without even doing anything. He lightly brushed his knuckle against her cheek, intensifying her gush of emotions. Skinship like this came naturally to them after a few dates and she wasn’t complaining.

 

“What is it?” Even just his smooth voice was doing things to her heart.

 

Seulgi shook her head and looked away. She started to walk, muttering to herself, “Just that you make my heart flutter so easily.”

 

Jaebeom broke into a smile, catching her words. She must not know how he’s head over heels for her already. He grabbed her arm to turn her around, one of his hands sat comfortably on her waist. “What was that?”

 

Seulgi shook her head and covered cutely. “Nothing!” Her muffled voice against her palm.

 

It made him let out a short laugh, before she spoke to change the topic, “Oh, look we have couple bucket hats,” She pointed at their same black bucket hat. Only to realize she said something more trivial, her small eyes widening. Couple. “I mean-”
 

Jaebeom narrowed his eyes at her, one side of his lips lifting. He brought up his other hand to brush away a lost strand of hair on her cheeks that was covering her eyes. He opened his mouth and closed it again. He was grinning now, his crescent eyes teasing her. “Are we… a couple now, Seulgi?

 

Seulgi covered again, a cute blush tinting her cheeks. He stopped himself from stealing a kiss. He'd have his time in the future. Hopefully. She murmured, “Uhm… I-I’ll think about it.”

 

Jaebeom was about to keep teasing her because she blushes so cutely but decided to let it go. He’d be damned if he can’t wait forever for her.

 

“Heh. Fine. Wait, I’ve something for you.” Without dropping the hand on her waist, he reached from his back pocket with his other hand and procured one stem of sunflower making Seulgi gasp.

 

"A sunflower!"

 

He scratched his nose shyly, clearing his throat. “I saw you looking at a sunflower the last time we went out so...”

 

Seulgi’s eyes brightened instantly and disappeared into crescents as she took the flower. “I love it.”

 

Jaebeom watched her, thinking he loved her smile more and he broke into a smile as well. “I’m glad.”

 

“Thank you, I really like this.” Seulgi repeated and started walking small steps, biting her lip excitedly.

 

“Let’s go?” She said in a small voice, casually slipping her hand on his.

 

Jaebeom smiled, looking at their joined hands and nodded, “What’s the name of the movie you wanted to watch again?”

 

“Oh, right. It’s Before Sunrise.”

 

---

 

“So…. what did you think about it?” Seulgi asked as they sat on a riverbank. Jaebeom held her hand, helping her sit down as he settled himself beside her, their feet hanging. The city lights gave off a nice view. Beautiful reflections against the river.

 

Jaebeom heaved a sigh and looked up at the sky. “Hm. Love it.” She gave him another reason. It kept on adding up.

 

He brought his eyes down to look at her and she caught her breath. The look in his eyes made her want to double check if it was still the move he was talking about that he loves.

 

She murmured to herself, reminding herself it was the movie they were talking about. “The movie… Yes, I love that movie.”

 

He was quiet for a moment, looking at her, before he nodded, “Yeah, it’s now one of my favorites as well.” He began to unwrap the sandwich he bought and took a bite.

 

“Right? I love travelling and taking pictures. I knew we liked those same things, so I thought you’d like it too. Also, Ethan Hawke is so dreamy. Keke”

 

Jaebeom turned his head towards her, blinking and munching on his sandwich. “Ey.”

 

Seulgi raised her brows at him, taking a bite at his sandwich that he offered to her. They’ve also been accustomed to sharing their drink and food now. “What?”

 

He then wiped with a tissue. She looked at him with his warm expression for her and can’t help but notice the little things he does when he takes care of her. She didn’t think she could fall for him even more, but each time, he proves her wrong. Each time, she does fall even more. “Should I be jealous of a movie character?” He asked all of a sudden.

 

Seulgi almost snorted her strawberry latte. His hand automatically rubbed her back. There it is. She thought about how she’d tell him in the future, he was caring like Ethan Hawke’s character. The one she’d chosen as her ideal type, a caring guy like that. He’s just like how she wanted a guy to take care of her. The perfect one for her. “You'd be jealous? Why?"

 

He shrugged and took another bite on his sandwich, “Well because I like you, of course.”

 

Seulgi turned to look at him and gulped, feeling her face warming up. She grabbed her drink and took a sip.

 

Jaebeom chuckled, “I’m kidding. About the jealous part, I mean. Not the liking part.”

 

Not knowing how to respond to that, Seulgi just took another sip before she offered her drink to him. He took it, taking a sip.

 

He made a hum of approval, nodding at the cup, “Hmmn. Strawberry. I like strawberries.”

 

“I know.”

 

“You know?”

 

“Uh-uhm. I researched about you.” She pursed her lips, taking a deep breath, hiding her nervousness. Deciding she should tell him already. Her own feelings.

 

Jaebeom laughed at that, leaning forward and taking another sip at the drink she was holding. “Oh really? What else do I like then?”

 

“Me. You just said so.” Seulgi shrugged her shoulders, hiding her smile.

 

Jaebeom lifted his fingers to pinch his lips, also hiding his own grin that threatened to break out. “Good point.”

 

Seulgi looked down at their feet hanging and noticed their shoes. She pursed her lips, “Look.” She pointed at their shoes. “It’s the same. Converse.” She bumped one of her feet against his.

 

Jaebeom nodded, catching the heel of her foot with his own shoes and stared at her. “Hey...couple shoes?”

 

Seulgi looked at him long, knowing what he was asking her. She stared at his beautiful face knowing he also has a beautiful heart behind it, before nodding, “Yeah. Couple shoes.” The words escaped .

 

Jaebeom raised his brows, not expecting that. A small smile threatened to break out. “You mean…?”

 

Seulgi gulped and bobbed her head once, twice,“Yes. We have couple shoes. And couple hats. Cuz we are a couple.” She bit her lip, feeling her face warm up. She could feel him staring at her.

 

She turned to face him, "I mean-"

 

Then she was enveloped in his arms before she could finish an excuse.

 

“No, don’t take it back.”

 

She blinked her eyes before she felt herself smile, her eyes watering as she slipped her arms around his waist. “…okay.”

 

“I really like you.” He whispered against her hair.

 

“Chincha?”

 

“Really, really.”

 

Smile. She buried her face unto his neck. “I really, really like you too, Lim Jaebeom.”

 

“Thank you, Seulgi.”

 

He tightened his hold on her and she thought she heard him sniffle. She tried to peek at him but he held her head, “Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m just… really happy.”

 

It really wasn’t just a simple crush anymore.

 

-

-

-

"Hey, so you like Converse too?"

 

"Yeah. I like it. I’m mostly the only one who wears it in the team.”

 

"Me too! Ey, we must really be soulmates, then?" Giggle.

 

Scoff. "Yeah, I’m certain we are."

 

"Hmmm, I want to be a Converse endorser."

 

"Don't worry. You can be whatever you want to be."

 

"Really? How do you know?"

 

"Cuz I love you. And I believe in you. And I will support you in whatever you want."

 

"Eyyy. Are you still really smooth talking me even if we started dating already, Lim Jaebeom?"

 

Grin. “Yes.”

 

"Aish, you’re being cute.”

 

“Hey, I’m not cute, I’m y.”

 

“Oh really?”

 

Lean. “Yep, want me to prove?”

 

Blush. "Uhm."

 

“Just kidding.”

 

“Hey, no taking back!”

 

Laugh. “C’mere.”

 

“Mnnwahugoo”

 

“What?”

 

Whisper. “I said! I love you, too!”

 

Chuckle. Kiss.

 


AN: Welp idk this really turned out pretty long lol Anyway, follow me on twitter and fan girl with me @k0mely and please leave some comments suggestions or if you love it please do tell!