Ch 2

It's haunted

Moonbyul has been staying in the apartment for a week. Nothing is wrong yet, she went and came from work as usual. The hot water sometimes doesn’t work but it’s not really a big deal. She can get used to the cold water in no time. Maybe the sound they thought was a ghost is the heater pipe to the shower not working properly or something. She doesn’t pay it any mind because she doesn’t want to spend another penny on the repair. At least until she gets her bank account filled again after she paid the rent. She just paid 6 months ahead cause she doesn't want to be reminded of any sort of payment unresolved. Risky moves indeed but that’s just how she works.

The owner seems more than happy to receive such a big payment so they gave her a discount. A generous owner for a generous place indeed. Or maybe the owner is just desperate to rent out their apartment with the rumours going around. The comments are not very subtle and exaggerated in Moonbyul’s opinion.

Moonbyul is not one to pay any attention to the rumours tho so that’s why even when she knows her room is haunted, she doesn’t know why. Not that she believed ghost exists, but there’s always a reason behind everything. It’s what she believes. Well, maybe she will hear something from the neighbours sooner or later. Neighbours love to gossip, especially if the room is a known issue for a while.

 


 

”This is a bad idea”

”This is the best investment I’ve ever made!”

Two comments contradicting each other coming from Irene and Moonbyul’s mouths at the same time. In the end, Seulgi told Irene about Moonbyul’s plan and together they help Moonbyul moving her stuff which is not much to the new home.

”Yeah, it is best if it’s not haunted I must admit. I’m jealous.” Seulgi just finished her tour and coming out from the bedroom. ”It’s really spacious, I want to move here.” Irene looks at her girlfriend like she just loses her mind making Seulgi avoid eye contact and approach Byul who was unpacking her wooden box containing her precious set of pc.

”Shouldn’t you unpack your kitchen necessities and clothes first? why the hell are you unpacking the pc first?”

”I can't let the love of my life suffocating inside this box! They’re gonna get scratched!”

In the end, it’s Irene who unpacks the other 2 boxes while the other girls busy plugging the cables here and there to power on the pc.

 


 

It’s weekend and a corporate slave still deserves a day off so she’s been lazying around in the living room all day long, eating slices of watermelon and watching good for nothing tv shows. The freshness of it sliding inside making her moan approvingly.

See, there’s no ghost. Whoever makes the story of the ghost is probably want to rent this apartment. But too bad I got it first. I even make a payment for 6 months so good luck for you. Just wait until my time’s up ! hah, take that!

 

Just when she decided to be a little bit diligent and actually wash the last night dishes she’s been postponing since morning, she heard muffled sounds coming from outside. She froze.

No way ! is it the ghost? She quietly places her ear on the door and uses her hand to enhance whatever sound it is outside.

”This is a bad idea! It’s late already, let’s go before the new owner catch us! ”

”No no, I just wanna make sure that there’s someone inside! who knows it’s actually the ghost!

”I told you! it’s occupied! I saw someone coming out every workday from this apartment. And I mean someone, an actual human being! Also, why you decided to come here when it’s late? Can we do this when the sun still up ?”

”Did you talk to them? No right? Also, the ghost only shows up at night, even ggomo knows that”

SLAMM!

The door opened so suddenly it startled both of the girls that have been quarrelling outside Moonbyul’s door apartment. Silver hair greeted them.

”Excuse me, ladies. Can I help you? ” Relax byul, they’re just kids. Smile.

”I- We-... ”

”RUN! ”

Before the black-haired girl says anything, the smaller girl dragged both of them and take off with the speed of light.

She shrugged it off and went inside.

The moment she went inside, the electricity went out. That’s what she thought before she sees a dim light coming out from her bedroom. Her body automatically led her to go inside just to find her monitor lights up with a single word typed on it.

Hello …

 

Moonbyul can feel her soul leaves her body.