Coincidence.

Mistaken identity.

Script reading before the start of their drama, Romantic Doctor 2. HyoSeop looked forward to the strong cast and new faces, hoping they could maintain the standard left by the first season. The seniors introduced themsleves, followed by the juniors. She caught his attention when he stepped into the meeting room. Her skin was so fair like snow. He googled about the cast beforehand. Her, in particular, he looked more in detailed. She's exotic in appearance, her eyes especially. Seeing her in person changed his perception from the pictures he saw online. She smiles alot, taking initiative to befriend all and was very humble towards everyone.

"Hello everyone. Im Lee SungKyung, very honoured and fortunate to join the team. I'll work hard, thank you....",SungKyung made sure she had eye contact round the table. Before she sat down, the last person her eyes laid on made her take a double shot. She didnt noticed earlier on but for a split second, her co-star resembled someone for her past. HyoSeop felt the strange vibe when her eyes met his. She gave a quick bow and never again turned his way until their joint script reading. The staffs clapped loud and thank each other as the first reading ended.

"Sorry, HyoSeop xi? I want to apologise if i've caused any discomfort throughout. See you.",SungKyung made a bee-line to him before she quickly driving off in her car. HyoSeop looked at his manager and shrugged. "I think i know why.... See this. You look like him. Nam JooHyuk. Her ex boyfriend.",JiHo showed him their past dating news from his phone. 'So, she has mistaken me as him earlier on....',HyoSeop thought to himself. He scrolled through briefly on the couple's history which unfortunately ended less than half a year. Not pondering over it, HyoSeop flipped though the drama scripts instead. 

----------

"Hey, how was it like working with Lee SungKyung? I heard she's bubbly and energetic. Very different from her appearance.",Jackson, one of HyoSeop's close friend asked when they boys met up for a meal. "Are those eyes real? I mean, she's 100% asian right? How is that possible?",JunHo added in. "Yea man! Dude, she's full of charms! I mean not pretty or beautiful in that way but really attractive somehow.",RyuJin tapped next. HyoSeop was unable to answer any due to the on-coming questions about his co-star. They have been working on the drama for 3 months. All these while, she maintained her professionalism when the camera rolled. But once its off, she's back to how they first met. Her out-going self applies to all except him. "Im working on it, i really am. Sorry.",she confessed to him with a slight bow. He finds her amusing. 

"She's cheerful. Brings energy to all when the filming gets tough. Somehow there's not once she showed her tiredness. And she knows when to keep it down. You know how it's like when you wanted to just chill and not have some energizer bunny zap you up. I asked her about the eyes. Its all natural. The makeup artist confirmed that too. Its pretty cool. I mean, the colour suits her. Why? RyuJin, you interested? Need a push?",HyoSeop answered all in one shot. "She's too tall for me. You guys look great together though, considering?",RyuJin asked. "Hey. She's 5 years my senior. Are you out of your mind?",HyoSeop could not believe the guys actually asked him that. Til date, he hasnt or thought about dating someone older.

"Her ex is 4 years younger and he managed well before he took off. So what's one more year to the number?",Jackson said. "80% truth on this, from a source of Nam JooHyuk's current girlfriend's close friend. It's been 2years? That boy dumped her after dating for 4 years! It started since their modelling days. How they broke up? The current girl makes him a man, thats all i know. In simpler words, he left her for someone else. Thats not it. Amazingly, Lee SungKyung has no issue on that. Recently they worked on some fashion show, no mishap. Weird isnt it? Where did those 4 years of feelings gone to?" HyoSeop listened to his friends information. He did not share with them that she avoids him subtly on set. 'She's clearly not over it...',that was his thoughts. 

----------

"Hello! Wel....come. What can i get for you sir?",SungKyung polietly asked the customer who just stepped in. It's a familiar face. It's Ahn HyoSeop, her current co-worker. 'Why will he appear here?',that was her first thought. HyoSeop was equally surprised when he saw who was behind the counter of the cafe he decided to grab a coffee at. "Hello...... Can i get a hot latte to go please, thank you.",He made his payment and waited by the side. He took the moment to look around the clean and spacious place. He turned back towards the barista's counter. She's there fixing his drink. Apron worn, hair braided to the side, minimum makeup, uniform almost identical to the rest of the staffs. 'Is she working part-time? Here, now?',he wondered.

"Sorry boss, im late!",a young girl rushed into the cafe. "Slow down, not like the world will stop if you're late. How was the exam?",SungKyung asked. "Consider yourself having connection with a future doctor." Light laughters surrounded the partially filled cafe. HyoSeop saw the girl's name-tag when she put on her apron. JaeIn. 'So SungKyung's the boss of this place huh. Pretty cool...',HyoSeop continued to observe the mid-size shop that surprisingly has a piano placed at the corner and was carefully furnitured and painted in coordinated white and browns. 'PitStop. This place gives off an ambience of peace; stop for awhile and rest... Such a suitable name for the cafe.' HyoSeop glanced at the signboard of the place. "Sorry, can i have it in-house instead?",he changed his mind on the take away. "Oh, sure. Have a seat. I'll bring it to you.",SungKyung attended to him when he made the abrupt request.

Her staffs looked at him and back at her multiple times. As if able to read their mind, she hushed them up by placing her finger on their lips one by one. HyoSeop noticed that and smirked. 'So they know who i am huh...' He continued watching under radar and saw the girls calmed down and started working as usual without fussing over anything. "Hot latte sir. Enjoy." HyoSeop looked up and realised it was not SungKyung but JaeIn. "Thank you. Dont mind me please. I'll drink and go soon.",he tried his best not to cause a stir. "We lost our head a moment, please dont feel burden. We are back on track. Take your time. We hope all our customer enjoys their little break here. If you have time, maybe you'll get the chance to hear some music too.",JaeIn assured him they are not in shock seeing stars popping by. He didnt get what she meant about the music because the shop was already playing some soothing songs. He left shortly after. He waved goodbye to SungKyung who returned his greeting. HyoSeop looked back through the glass door. SungKyung and her girls were chatting happily by the counter. He smiled unknowingly seeing her that way. 

----------

SungKyung decided she should not put her personal issues inbetween innocent people. It's unfair. Taking a deep breath, she approached the chattering group where HyoSeop was. Sneaking beside him, she softly asked,"How was the coffee? Such coincidence to bump into you there. I mean... it's a off-the-grid place." HyoSeop was surprised but glad she stepped out of her comfort zone and approached him. "Its just right for my taste. I'll visit again.",he gave his feedback. "Again?",SungKyung mumbled to herself. HyoSeop finds it nice seeing her slightly relax around him. "Yea... i moved to the area not too long ago.. A little outskirt but its fine. I like the quietness.",HyoSeop answered her anyway. "Oh! Sorry! I dont mean to be rude! We are more than glad to have you patronising our little humble place.",SungKyung didnt want him to feel she meant otherwise. He merely smiled and assured her its fine.  

----------

It was a day-off from the filming set. He picked up his wallet and walked to the place he recently started to enjoy. He's been there a few more times but havent bump into its owner since the first time. Her staffs recognised him though. "HyoSeop oppa! The usual?",JaeIn called out and hushed herself with a apology look towards him. He smirked at the youth. He went to the usual corner and took out his book while waiting for his drink. At the same time, he enjoys watching people coming in and out of the cafe. Its not noisy. People here give each other space to chill and rest. "Here. Oh oppa, by the way. You havent heard the music yet, right? Stay a little longer. Boss is on her way.",JaeIn shared when she served his coffee.

SungKyung walked in 15mins later, She greeted everyone with her child-like gestures. The kids she hired rolled their eyes at her instead. Her customer saw her. The looks on their face tells him they know she's an actress. SungKyung warm natured persona made them smile at her when she gave a gentle hello to all. She raised her hand and waved at him when she saw HyoSeop. White tee tucked neatly under her skinny jeans. She towers over many even when she's only wearing sneakers. HyoSeop thought she was walking towards him when she has settled down. Instead, she walked over to the paino that never once anyone played when he visited. His eyes widen when she started playing on the instrument. It was light, soft and melodious to the ears.

HyoSeop could not take his eyes off her; the way she closed her eyes when her fingers danced on the piano's keys and the way her eyes scanned the crowed and smiled at them. At the last note, their eyes met. He showed her a thumbs up. She giggled in embarassement. She continued playing different songs for the next one hour or so. He's utterly impressed. "Many guys falls head over heels for her whenever they see this side of her. Can you imagine? One minute she's some silly big sister, the next she can be so demure.",JaeIn stopped by and whispered into HyoSeop's ear. He looked around and indeed saw many hearts in the male's eyes, even when their partners are beside them.

"Then, you guys can worry less about her being single. Isnt it?",HyoSeop added. "Well, thats what we worry most. At least she's getting over it as time goes by. That fcuker better not appear here.",JaeIn shared and slapped for saying too much. HyoSeop decided not to ask more since he already know about it way before. As the crowd came in volumes, HyoSeop gave up his table for them. "Need help?",he offered his service to the girls when they seems shorthanded. They looked at SungKyung, as if pleading her. "You sure? I mean... if you are free? We would really need some help?",SungKyung admited. She looks too cute in his eyes that instant. He felt her breath on his skin when she assisted him with the apron. The camera snap goes off twice. One which caught their attention, the other snapped when they both looked at the camera at the same time. "Wonderful! This is really picture perfect. We should market this and promote PitStop boss!",JaeIn suggested and got knocked on the forehead lightly. He received the pictures. The comment that came with them : You two really look good together. Hwaiting!

----------

"That's right! You're getting a hang of this coffee art!",SungKyung was giving tips to HyoSeop behind the counter. Eversince then, he automatically put on the apron and joined the crew. "Boss.....",JaeIn called out softly breaking their session. It was the last person she wanted to face. JooHyuk was surprised to see a familiar face. HaEun has been pestering him to bring her to this cafe off the city. He never thougt he will bump into her outside work. Eversince their breakup, they met a few times for work. She went through everything professionally. Everyone was as surprised. Afterall, they dated for years. Seeing her so chill make it seems like the breakup meant nothing. But he knows best. He saw her tearful face when he initiated the breakup. She tried saving their relationship. He was the one who gave up. He moved on almost immediately.    

"Unni? What are you doing here?",HaEun asked in surprise. She knows about their past. She was the one who stole her boyfriend away. "Ah.. HaEun ah.. I work here? So, what can i get for you guys?",SungKyung's mask was placed on. The staffs know too well. HyoSeop caught it too. JooHyuk noticed him, a young dude as tall as him and recently been having many good projects on hand. "Ahn HyoSeop?",HaEun couldnt hide her excitement when she saw the high flying actor. "Hello.",HyoSeop acknowledged the couple while standing beside SunKyung. "Go grab a table, i'll order.",JooHyuk gave HaEun a push. The rest of the crew went back to their own job while HyoSeop was stuck to her side. SungKyung was holding tightly on the edge of his tee. He started to sort the display to look less obvious at the spot. 

"How are you?",JooHyuk asked softly after ordering his drinks. Seeing her upclose with minium makeup brings back memories. She's still as beautiful. Many told him off for the reason behind their breakup. Most said he'll come to regret one day. So far, he did not feel so. Until now. When she's so near to him, when there's a man beside her. "Im fine. How's things on your side?",SungKyung kept it short but looked at him in the eyes. JooHyuk blinked. He cant believe he's once again captivated by the soulful pair of jems. HyoSeop saw the change in his expression and felt uncomfortable. "Not too bad...",JooHyuk replied. "Take a seat forst, we'll send you your drinks shortly.",SungKyung smiled softly. When JooHyuk turned around and walk off, she let out a big breath.  

"You did well. Now breathe.",HyoSeop patted her head affectionately. JooHyuk and HaEun saw their close interaction. Somehow his presence made her less anxious. SungKyung was thankful that HyoSeop was in the shop. As she looked at the young couple, her heart no longer hurts. She started to smile. The crew saw that and smiled together. HyoSeop saw that too. "Looks like its finally over....",he heard them say. His eyes stayed on the girl who recently made him want to see her daily. "Oppa, isnt he the new kid on the block? Many said you two looked alike... I mean the height is. Face, certain angle. But he's definitely more affectionate than you. Did you see how he touched her? Are they dating?",HaEun's voice kept chirping by JooHyuk's ear. 

JooHyuk's tensed heart relaxed when SungKyung started playing the paino. Her music soothed him way back, it still has the same magic. He thought back of their days together. Regret surrounded him. "She's so talented. The boy is lucky! Look at how he's looking at her." Whisperings were heard from the crowd who spoke about SungKyung and HyoSeop. JooHyuk frowned at that. He looked at HyoSeop and found the boy looking back at him. 'Dont try anything funny.' HyoSeop said in his thought when he saw JooHyuk's eyes softened when she plays the piano.