#3 - static

Listen To Me


"You are such a trouble maker, little lady."  Hearing those voice I knew it was him. Well that was unexpected. Like seriously. Why is he here?

He took his hands off me and letting me turn around and catch my breath. My legs felt weak after all that running eventually I fall on the ground with my heart beating fast. White puff air came out from my mouth matching my breath.

"Why a little lady like you running around chased by those guys at this time?" 

I looked at him, dumbfounded and relieved at the same time. Soon after I catch my breath, I looked up facing his face in the dim orange light of the street but eventually face the cold tar road again. My heart is still pounding hard wanting to get out and run.

"It's just..."

"It's just none of your business." I spoke, almost like whispering.

He walked slowly near me with both of his hands inside his sweater. It's cold tonight. Colder than other nights I've been through alone. He bends towards me and his face is now just 5 inches away from my face.

"Look here, little lady." He stops, making me lift my face up without realizing.

"I don't give a about your past. What I'm concerned right now is the fact that 3 strange guy chased you like you owe them 1 billion won. You're being such a for letting yourself eaten by your ego."

His eyes changed. His eyes are cold like the winter but somehow I sense warmth within it despite the harsh he just spit on me. He lift his head and walked away to the dark side if the street, leaving me in my realization tears in the cold night.

"Come, I'll carry you to my place." He held his hand out, offering his back to carry me.

"Why would I want to ride your sweaty back?" I sniffed.

"Just come here!" He shouted. I can see his face are red under the dim light, controlling his embarrassment upon my insult. I can do nothing but smile in humor. "I can walk." i said while standing up but ended fall down. Why the is my knee so weak? This is why i can never join the running club. 

"Before they find us again. Please let me carry you." I was relunctant but i do as he told and ride his piggyback. I wonder if I'm heavy to him.

"You're not that heavy" He said swiftly. Well that shocked me. Is he telepathic or something? Silence creep in between us with the winter wind slaps my cheek softly with the coldness. I've been thinking about all the things that had happened to me. My breath begin to feel heavy and my eyes are teary from the thoughts.

"You don't have to hold it in." He stopped his footsteps and broke the silence with those words.

It seems that i instinct told me trust him in a way that I cannot explain. My heart becomes heavy as memories flashed back in my mind and eventually tears gushed down from my eyes. I hugged him tighter from behind and started crying.

I can feel warmth through his body. His smell somehow comforting. How long has it been? This may be the first time I'm hugging a person beside my teddy. Plus it's a guy.

I found myself at a dark street lighted with neon coloured lights. I looked around, there's nothing but bars and clubs around here. After crying so hard, i finally calmed myself and walked behind him. 

"Come. Follow me." he said.

"Where is this?" i asked, looking around the busy street filled with people.

"You're 18 right? Then there's no need to be afraid. Well I can't say this is a safe place but at least those guys won't find you here." He said. I followed him without a second thought. Well, I have nowhere to go after all. but then, i doubt i would find any peace here. Those guys gonna find me eventually.

"I'm  Namjoon." He introduced himself.

"I'm... I'm Minhee."

"That's a cute name, little lady." he turned his head and smiled.

I hesitate for a moment there. Trust isn't my thing here. I mean a normal person would tell their friends about their problems. Well, unfortunately that's my problem. I trust only few human beings. I'm that who have trust issues.

"We're here." He stopped in front of an apartment. A completely normal apartment. Well, I was expecting an old buildings with graffiti all over the place and maybe some weird smell somewhere behind near the place but no. it's just a normal apartment.

I looked around the area and realized that we're surrounded by crowds and lights of the city. There's graffiti drew on almost every wall. People selling food, clothes, accessories are busy attracting customers.

We went inside the apartment. I followed him like a chick following its mother. We reached at the 11th floor of the apartment. He opened the wooden door that has scribbles and scratches with some random paintings and art with a wooden plate of number 111 stuck on the middle of the door.

Well, that's a bizarre door. I looked around and realized that his door is the only one that are scribbled with arts. He was kind enough to hold the door for me to enter the room.

To my surprise, the house looked neat. Nothing bizarre except for that puffy fluffy cute white cat that meowing and ran to Mino's leg.

"Haru ya, do you miss me?" He picked up the cat and pet it softly and hand it to me with a semi-smirked on his face as if he knows I love cats. How can I stop from petting the cute puffy fluffy cute white cat? She's sooooooo cute. Grrr.

"Well, you are welcomed here. Stay as long as you want." He threw a bunch of keys to me. It makes me think a lot about what happened and why im here. First of all, what kind of idiot would stay with someone who she barely know? Second of all, what kind of idiot would let a stranger stay in their house for free? I don't really understand.

"Why me?" i asked.

"Hmm?" he stopped his steps from walking towards the kitchen.

"I mean why are you being so nice? We barely know each other." i was curious. 

He poured a hot water inside one of the 2 mugs that have a plain black and white stripes. I knew he's making a hot tea because of the little strings that came out from the mug.

"We do know each other." He held both of the mugs and walked towards me, handling over one of the hot drinks.

"Tea?" He offered. I took the hot tea from him, holding it in both of my palms. The warmness of the cup makes me ease for some reasons.

"Well, following and stalking me doesn't mean you 'know' me. I mean like seriously." I looked at him slurping the hot tea.

"Ugh hot!" he reacted like a child who can't wait to eat the hot cookies that just came out from the oven. He looked at me and walked toward the living room and sat on the side of the sofa facing me.

"Hmm. How do I say this? You look trustworthy." He freaking said that with a poker face. I mean seriously? Oh god.

"Wait what? What makes you so sure that I'm not gonna trash your house? What makes you so sure that I'm trustworthy?"

"Because I trust you."

Ugh. My head. I feel like I'm arguing with a 9 years old kid. Namjoon stands up and walked to the balcony that is right beside the living room.

"Someone said to me that . . . . . . . . . . . . "

. That sound again. I can't hear what he is saying. Its like my head is underwater. The high pitch ringing sound is making my head feels like exploding. It stings. I can hear it from both of my ears now. I hold my right ear while battling with the pain.

My vision is blurred and I can feel the throbbing pain in my head. I feel like my energy is being out of me. My knees weaken and the next thing I know, I've been consumed by the darkness.