Fin

Cooffin

 

Minho entered his apartment with sweet, buttery smell wafting faintly in the air, welcoming him from his long, tiring day. The door rang melodically as it locked itself behind his back while his eyes trained to the messy pair of shoes just right in front of him. He chuckled at it, though, muttering under his breath as he commented on how someone should really learn how to put their shoes in the shoe rack.

“Taemin?” He called, knowing that only Taemin who could have barged into his apartment, because the said man knew the code to his door.

He got no answer though. Reaching the living room, he put down his briefcase down, stripping himself off of the offensive suit and the suffocating tie, ing his shirt and undid his belt. Now, he was breathing.

The shower was running in the background, assuming that Taemin was the one using. He dragged himself to the kitchen, rummaging his almost empty fridge and noted himself to stop by the grocery at the weekend to restock.

Once he turned to  examine his kitchen, his eyebrows furrowed and the corner of his lips curled. Letting Taemin entered the kitchen definitely, always, a bad idea. Because he could see, albeit the younger tried to clean up after himself, his kitchen was still looking like a disaster.

His bare sole met with sticky, slippery surface of the wooden flooring as he stepped further into the kitchen. Minho had to walk carefully to prevent himself from toppling over. The counter top had crusty flour and drying chocolate stain, it was not as spotless as he left the kitchen this morning. There were different spots that Taemin missed as he tried to cover up the mess he created. He shook his head at the dirty glass to his oven, of course Taemin forgot to wipe his trace there.

It was amusing though, the effort Taemin put to actually made something. It was quite admirable.

Minho’s sight then caught on the dining table. There were nice looking dinner under the dish cover, something he was sure made by some restaurant because there was no way his boyfriend could ever make. Plus he saw the takeout boxes in the bin, so he chuckled. What caught his eyes were the weirdly looking desert next to the extravagant dish. It was definitely a chocolate cake in the paper cup, or was it cupcake? Maybe it was something else? He was not sure, he would let Taemin explain it later. The four cups looking so out of place but they were the one who made his heart swollen and split a grin on his face.

“You came home early, I thought you’d be here around ten?” he heard a gasped behind him. “It’s only eight.”

His eyes crinkled into half moon when he met Taemin who only had his bathrobe on him, his collarbone and fair chest peeking through the parted middle, while his hair dripping. His eyes rounded and thick, rosy lips glistened as he pouted.

“You said you’re cooking,” he sheepishly smiled, “I cannot turn a blind eye about it.”

Taemin scoffed, face disbelief at the lack of Minho had on him about his precious kitchen, “I won’t blow the stove again. It was only that one time. I swear it will be only that one time.”

Minho laughed seeing the little pout, the lingering tiredness melted right away as he gathered the freshly out of shower man in his arm, kissing the forehead gently. Taemin’s palms were on his chest as he smiled up at him after a while, cheeks tinted with faint pink. It felt so nice to be welcomed by his lovers every time he stopped by a little too much in a week. Not that he complained.

“I’ll go get dressed and we’ll enjoy the dinner?”

The taller leaned down, planting a chaste kiss on Taemin’s full lips that stretched wider as the space between them was gone. He could feel every part of his body sighed in contentment.

“I don’t mind having a dinner with you half ,” he playfully slapped the supple cheek, squeezing the flesh in his palm right after, causing a giggly and surprised moan slipping out of Taemin’s throat.

“Or you could be my dinner.”

Taemin scrunched his face in distaste, “Shut up.”

The taller didn’t fail to notice the little smile Taemin tried to hide, and it made him grinned even wider. He was sure he sported such a dumb expression by then but what could he say? Even after the passing three years of having a steady relationship with Taemin, he still felt the burn, the love, the weird tumbling in his stomach whenever he was near. He loved the younger man so much, he did not know when would he stop. He did not want to  stop though, because loving Taemin was the best thing ever happened in his life.

 

The dinner was pleasant, Taemin was right about the fact that this particularly new restaurant having the best chicken cordon bleu in town. Minho couldn’t keep his moans, appreciating every bite while secretly loving the smug smile on his boyfriend’s face.

With Taemin, the conversation could never end. He wondered how it was possible for the two of them kept talking and laughing, a little teasing and poking fun at each other over the years they had spend. There was always new topic to share and it was amusing. And time seemed to fly so fast whenever the two of them were having fun.

“So,” Minho eyed the chocolate cake on his plate. “Mind to tell me what is this?”

“It’s a muffin.”

Minho’s eyebrows raised, “So it’s a muffin, huh?”

“It’s supposed to taste like one even if it doesn’t meet thd look.”

He laughed lightly, “Supposed.”

“Just try it. I know I’m bad at this, but hey, I want to bake you something for Valentine’s Day.”

Curiously he brought the paper cup to a closer inspection, he peeled the paper before he sniffed. Taemin chuckled at this habit of Minho, nervously watched with his lower lips bitten in between his teeth.

Minho took a bite at the supposed chocolate muffin and his precious teeth made crisp and clack sound as it came in contact with the chocolate dessert. He then chewed the too dry, maybe a little too long muffin noisily. He tried to hide his surprised reaction but he failed at it. His eyes blinked slowly, he paused just like what Taemin did across his seat.

Taemin whose eyes were rounded then whisper, “You don’t break your teeth right?”

There was another pregnant silence before they burst into a fit of laughter. Minho shook his head, still laughing along with his boyfriend who looked rather constipated, not sure if he was laughing or pouting upon his failure, “Gladly no.”

“The batter tasted good earlier, I swear.”

“It does taste good,” Minho took another bite to confirm it, causing Taemin to jump out of his seat and screa aloud in attempt to save his boyfriend from getting a toothache or food poisoning.

Minho grinned as he s his one arm around Taemin’s waist and pulled him into his lap, shoving the said muffin into the younger’s mouth. “Try it yourself.”

The crunchy sound was heard again as Taemin bit down, he chewed while staring at Minho’s sparkly eyes and hummed, “Not so bad.”

“Yes. You’re not that bad.”

An idea flashed through Taemin’s head as he enjoyed his own homemade muffin, well, supposed to be muffin. He chuckled at his own stupid head and it made his lover curious, “What?”

“It actually tastes like cookies.”

Minho gasped in amusement, “Now that I think about it, it surely is.”

“This,” Taemin pointed the supposed muffin and giggled, “is a cooffin then. You get it? Cookies and muffin, cooffin!”

The taller’s eyebrows met in a deep crease and Taemin burst out when he saw the reaction. He let out such a boisterous laughter seeing how perplexed Minho was with his weird thought. He knew he was not funny, not all of people understood his sense of humour but Minho was the one who actually stayed after hearing his. So... yeah, that was the reason why they remained together for a long time.

Taemin was still laughing, ceased as he felt warm eyes boring into his face. He then calmed down to stare back at his boyfriend’s eyes, them smiling so happily at each other. It was only a matter of time before they kissed, gently and slow, taking their forever to taste the sweetness of each other’s lips. Minho sighed happily as Taemin invaded his nerve system, all of the jittery feelings from work washed away instantly. Taemin was his sanctuary.

It was intimate, the way they stared at each other after the kiss, Taemin’s hands closing on Minho’s nape and shoulder, Minho’s fingers digging slightly into Taemin’s waist and they seemed to never let go.

“It’s Valentine’s Day and also a weekend.”

Minho smiled at Taemin, “I guess you’re staying tonight?”

Taemin nodded, “Since I baked, albeit failing at it, I expect a cuddle in return.”

The elder let out happy snicker, laughing freely at this cutie pie on his laps, nodding and looking at his boyfriend with so much fondness shining from his eyes.

“Cuddling sounds nice,” Minho concluded.

“Right...”

“I’ll enjoy some more of this cooffin first.”

“No, don’t.”

“I’ve eaten many of your cooking and this one is on top of the list.”

Taemin glared at him, but the happiness swimming in his eyes could not be hide. His eyes twinkled and Minho adored it, he would do anything to keep making his lover’s eyes shine.

“Go clean up after it, I’ll be waiting in our bedroom.”

Taemin said it nonchalantly, probably he did not realise what he just said. Our. Yes, he said our instead of your bedroom. His eyes followed his boyfriend who took out his favourite mug from the cabinet, pouring wine into it.

He looked over the shoulder at Minho who was quietly enjoying his dessert, “Wine or juice?”

“Wine.” In a mug, he chuckled inwardly, very Taemin.

The shorter reached up for another mug and Minho could not help but notice how his cabinet, well basically his entire house, had been intruded by Taemin. He could see his boyfriend’s belonging here and there, and he was definitely getting too comfortable in Minho’s apartment. He had his clothes slip between Minho’s and he even spent most of his nights sleeping on Minho’s bed.

Minho trailed after Taemin who had two mugs in his hands, walking towards his bedroom, settling down under the cover in his favourite side of the bed while his hand switching on the television. He leaned onto the door frame and smiled. He could get used to this routine, no, he already used to his constant company for the past one year.

“By the way, Taemin-ah,” their eyes met, “I think a cuddle is not enough to give back to you.”

Taemin laughed, “You like my cooffin so much?”

“Yes, I love it, I love you. I also like having you here all the time, so I would gladly share my living space in return.”

The younger on the bed stiffened a split second before a smirk creeping onto his face, “That was smooth.”

“Yeah?”

Taemin nodded, throwing his legs off the bed and walked up to him. He pulled Minho by the nape and kissed him quick and hard, emotions swirling in his deep brown eyes, “What a nice deal out of a failed muffin.”

 

 

 

 


I suddenly got a little distracted while writing devotion, and ended with this one shot. It's nothing special or nice, just a pinch of sweetness I need to let out. I don't like this piece that much, because this came out way too differently from what I imagined. But! I hope you like it nevertheless^^

Happy Valentine's Day 2min shippers!

 

With love,

aqcelnicorus :D