two | accidentally a date

this long flight, with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The reason the night is beautiful
I know it’s because of you
-- all night long, taeyeon.

#

i was so busy finished up my upcoming project that my team has to present by next week. in our department, we get divided into a contract group project to create new idea for Samsung. well, i think i kind of lucky to get inside this group. its not easy to be in a team with great people you know. and the fact that they are the one that requested me to be in their group, is still the most amazing thing i ever achieve. 

because these guys, they dont simply take anybody to be their teammate. well, the keyword that dohyun always remind is-- no such words as delay.

well, we've got everything settle not more than a month usually. having dohyun as a leader is crazy because he really places his task before anything. i feel bad sometimes since he's a father afterall. and because of his passion, all three of us really need to cope up with his level of working. 

 

not gonna lie,

it was extremely exhausting. i lost my count for those sleepless nights; to makesure everything finished at least three days before due date so that everything will be perfect during the presentation. i dont even remember on how many times i have to act shamelessly getting information from all sorts of people. there are a lot type of human, afterall.

 

to get to dohyun's level; got my energy drained even though its benefits me a lot now.

 

as i finished up the last page for the presentation slides, my stomach make the growling sound. and it hurts so much. i couldnt help but stop my work and holding up my pain for a few minutes. it seems like a period pain but no, its gastric. so i had no choice but to order some food.

i call out jinyoung, who sleeps at the other side, asked him to accompany me to buy some foods. 

"bae jinyoung, wake up bro," i called him with a really slow tone voice. jinyoung woke up as soon as i called him. its a great thing working with jinyoung. he can sleep anywhere in a few seconds but it is so easy to wake up him up. jinyoung open his eyes slowly and take a glance at me but then he turned away while asking, "why?"

"my stomach hurts like hell," i told him and he start to stretch his body. with his sleepy eyes, he looked at me. "hungry?" he asked and i nodded my head as i tidy up all my work. i should stop now, it feels like im overwork right now. it always like this when we have a new project. all of us will be really tired and we will keep on dozing off since our body are overwork. i stand up as i grabbed my tote bag and jinyoung followed me up. 

as i got off our office room, it seems like everyone already leave the office. that is an usual situation for us, to be honest. jinyoung walked a head from me like 2 steps difference. "you didnt eat since morning, right?"jinyoung asked as he push the "down" button at the elevator. i just realised, i didnt eat anything.

"oh yea. i didnt realise that."

"yea, we know you. i want to ask about lunch but you were so focused with your work for like five hours," he replied and i just shrugged my shoulders.

 

when we arrived at the Chinese restaurant, we have our seats at the corner of the restaurant. this restaurant is actually one of our favourites since its the nearest one with our office. its like 2 kilometres away from Samsung building. 

 

anyways, how do i meet taeyong here?

 

jinyoung left me alone after get some emergency call (from his girlfriend, i think?). this is an usual situation that happened to me everytime. all my teammates already have their own romance drama. since dohyun already married so he always go home right on time; bonding time with his family.he got married like three years already and i've been in this team for four years.

i really adores his relationship with his wife and kids. makes me wants to get marry too. 

but here i am, alone. im so used sitting all by myself to the point i dont feel anything anymore. while waiting for the ahjumma to give my foods, i scroll down my twitter. nothing much to see; all about babies, cats and dogs and maybe some funny s. sometimes, i laughed too hard for those jokes but sometimes, i dont feel anything. for example, now. 

 

i feel empty. 

this happened a lot of time.

 

"here you go, seulgi-ah," my food has arrived and all i need to do right now is eat. the thing is, jinyoung dont even pick his food together with him. im not even have any appetite for my foods. what am i supposed to do with his foods? i ordered kimchi jigae and jinyoung ordered fried rice. so now, i have to eat both?

no.

 

at this moment, the restaurant dont really have any customer since its already 11.00 pm. its tuesday night, that's probably why people dont want to eat way too late. you know whats the benefit of working in IT department? we can punch card anytime. but all of us have to get ready when the company call. so im going to work a bit late tomorrow because i have such a long day today.  

while eating, i heard someone's voice-- quite familiar but not really-- ordering food from the ahjumma. somehow, i take a small glance at the person. i was wondering who the hell come to the restaurant at late tuesday night? 

 

lee freaking taeyong.

 

 

gawd. i stared at him way too long since he already make an eye-contact with me since a few seconds before. damn.

"seulgi-sshi, right?" he asked, under his black mask and he is hiding inside his grey hoodie along with his black snapback. it seems like he went here alone. i blinked my eyes a few times since i couldnt believe what is happening right now. is this really taeyong? i cant help but freeze for a few seconds before come back to the reality. 

 

"seul- i think ive gotten a wrong person, im so--?"

 

i snapped again and i immediately nod my head while putting down my spoon. " no no, you are right. im seulgi," i said, as welcoming him and i continued. ".. are you alone? where is your manager?" i asked, and continue eating as he fill in the empty seat in front of me. " is it okay for me to sit here?" he asked and i nodded my head. then, he replied to my question as he place down his black padding coat that he hold since earlier. 

"yes, im alone today. and usually, i would come here with jaehyun and seulgi, dont worry about my manager. he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter