All for the job.

All for the job.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a miracle that Byul E looked so much like a man in her casual clothes. Because when the target they were marking appeared in the alley they were watching from, Yongsun froze.

 

Let’s back up. The SPD had finally gotten a reliable lead into a mob ring, and the man they were tailing was decently easy to find. But, because he was the only connection, they had no choice but to launch an undercover op.

 

Yongsun’s team of Spec Operatives were selected for the job.

 

Now, Yongsun may be the ranking officer, but her specialties lie in advanced planning, manipulation, and technical espionage; hacking, bugging and the like. The one thing she isn’t as good at is thinking on her feet, reacting to her situation in the moment.

 

And that’s exactly why Moon Byul E is her second, her partner, and her Byul E. The charismatic girl was a master of acting, an unfortunately fair hand at seduction, and the quickest thinker Yongsun had ever met. 

 

Together, the two of them were the Dream Team, the ones that the government called when they had no other option. Oh, and let’s not forget, they’re also trained government assassins. 

 

So yeah, Yongsun freezing on a job was a bit of an oddity, and without Byul E’s quick wit and concealing actions, the game would’ve been lost.

 

The one thing Yongsun hates about manipulating the odds were the unforeseeable variables. Those little details that no one expected and that could ruin the whole structure like one loose nut in a skyscraper.

 

Anyway, the two of them were waiting in the alley outside of a store suspected to have more mob connections, waiting for something that could confirm their theories.

 

Byuly E was leaning over Yongsun’s shoulder while they peered into the room where their lead was. Of course, this didn’t stop her from starting a conversation, despite the circumstances. She delighted in teasing Yongsun, loving the exaggerated reactions she got every time she spoke something even remotely flirty.

 

Now, don’t get her wrong, Yongsun was used to Byul E’s overwhelming greasiness, but she had no real defense when her partner flirted with her.

 

The two of them were good at their jobs, holding a regular conversation while also observing their surroundings. Yongsun couldn’t help herself, she had to give Byul E a quick once-over, make sure she looked the part.

 

The taller girl was wearing a set of typical couple’s street fashion clothes: long dark jeans, an asymmetrical tunic with flashy silver chains around her neck and a black, ankle-length  motorcycle jacket draped over her shoulders. Her hair is short this time, fluffy and black with silver tips, making her look even more like the heartbreaker she pretends to be.

 

Yongsun’s outfit matches Byul E: black jeans, combat boots, a soft silver blouse and a long black jacket completing their cohesive charade. 

 

Yongsun shifted, finally hearing voices in the office, it’s shuttered window just inches away. The two of them peered through the gaps in the blinds, seeing three men sitting around a table covered with an assortment of things. 

 

“Well, at least now we know.” Yongsun says, not looking at Byul E. 

 

“Yeah, this is good confirmation.”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

“He looks important, too.”

 

Two of the men stand up, leaving the third where he sits, puffing on a cigar. Byul E had  a split second to realize they were going to exit through the door only three feet away, and make her choice. 

 

She glances at the door for a split second, hearing the click as it opens. She moved, pushing Yongsun so that her back is pressed against the wall. Her hand is on Yongsun’s shoulder, her arm pressed against the wall. 

 

“What are you doing?” Yongsun murmured, her eyes flashing in surprise. 

 

“I don’t know.” Byul E murmured back, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter