Chapter 5: I Missed You

Love, Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A new week has come. Late afternoon that day, Moon빛 Café truck is going to serve, "다시 시작할 수 있을까요?" casts.

 

When they arrived at the location, they started setting up everything. Chaewon set up the standee banner that has a message and the actor's photo. There's also a banner attached at the upper part of the truck that says, "Hyung, cheer up, I love you." -Song Joong Ki-.

 

On the side, Moon Chae Won is already talking to a man wearing a thick blue jacket, who's about five inches taller than her.

 

"I am serious.", the man says. While Chaewon humbly smiles at him, he saw In Sung coming. "In Sung-ah, you took photos of your coffee truck already?".

 

"PD-nim, I'm just about to do it.", he bows to him slightly and to Chaewon who stands beside the man as well, "Hello.".

 

Chaewon greets him as well.

 

"This is the owner of the Café, I told her she could pass as actress and she refuses to believe.", the PD says.

 

In Sung smiles and respectfully agrees. "See, the great Jo In Sung agrees.", PD teases her more and Chaewon could only thank them thousand times for the compliment.

 

After a short talk, she excuses herself. "Then, I'll get going now please enjoy the foods."

 

"We will.". And she exchanges smiles with PD and actor Jo In Sung before she left them behind and went back in the truck.

 

"Dong Yeon, Won Geun, I'll leave now. Please take care of the truck."

 

"Yes owner Moon."

 

 

Wang Ji Won called her to ask if she's on the way for their date and she informed Ji Won she's around the area already. It didn't take long for both to arrive at the meeting place.

 

While they were busy chatting over coffee, Chaewon spotted someone she knows.

 

"Ji Won-ah, cover me.", Chaewon hides herself using Ji Won.

 

"Why?"

 

"Just don't move.", outside, she could see a couple in a fight.

 

 

From the outside, "Minhyuk-ah, please. Don't do this.", Yoon Hye stops Kang Min Hyuk from leaving.

 

Minhyuk slides her grip from his wrist, and left only saying "Yoon Hye, lets not make this harder for us.".

 

Yoon Hye tried to contain her tears but fails to. She followed Minhyuk with her eyes and saw Chaewon inside the cafe. She wiped her tears, went in, and started approaching her.

 

"What should I do? She saw me.", Chaewon nervously says. "Who?", "Just don't talk, she's approaching us. Act normal.". Both of them froze, faking a smile.

 

"Eonni.", Yoon Hye starts soon as she reached them. "I know you saw me, don't pretend you don't. I feel more pitiful if you do.".

 

"Yoon Hye-ssi."

 

Yoon Hye sat on the empty seat next to her. Without asking she just joined them and order her drink as well.

 

Ji Won kept kicking Chaewon's feet under the table, soon she gets her attention she mouths "Who?" to her.

 

"Minho's friend." she mouthed back.

 

Yoon Hye noticed and didn't really care. They spent an awkward time til the sun went down.

 

"Let's grab dinner, my treat.", Yoon Hye states.

 

Both Chaewon and Jiwon wants to reject the offer but felt sorry to reject it.

 

They had dinner at a bar and restaurant, Chaewon doesn't feel good about this.

 

"Yah, loosen up. She has us, let her cry it out tonight.", Jiwon assures her friend who seems to be bothered. She's been there when Chaewon had her heartbreak she knows how this'll go.

 

They started their dinner and Yoon Hye order more drinks after. "It's up to you if you'd stay with me or go now before it's too late. Let me just tell you, I'm bad with alcohol."

 

"Yoon Hye-ssi, you know drinking won't erase the pain, but I'm not stopping you. Drink til you can't drink tonight but make this your first and last.", Jiwon advices.

 

"I'm not even someone who can go out whenever I want, or do whatever I want. You don't have to worry, this will, most probably be the last... in a while." She smiles sheepishly, "Just until I have valid reasons to go out by myself."

 

In silence, Chaewon already sent a message to Minho, and got reply 20 minutes later.

 

_____________________

What? She can't drink that well. Make her stop drinking, I'm going there right now.

_____________________

 

 

"Chaewon-ssi.", a tipsy Yoon Hye calls her attention. "You're not thinking of calling Minho oppa right?"

 

She just smiles and tries to slow her drinking. "Yoon Hye-ssi, I think you should stop drinking."

 

"I'm okay, if you don't see me cry, then I'm still okay.", then a tear fell from her eye and she wipes it off. "Don't worry, it's just a tear." she smiles sadly before she continues, "But eonni... don't you think it's better to cry this out once and for all,if I can't let this out now I don't know when I will have the chance to."

 

Chaewon, understood. She knows, she's been through heartache. Jiwon understands, she was there when Chaewon had her heartbreak.

 

"After this, a lot of eyes will watch me again, everything I do, everywhere I go. I have to portray a perfect daughter at all times, that's the kind of life I have. That's the kind of life we have, me, Il Woo oppa, Minho oppa, we're all the same. So can you... can you just let me cry this out? Can you let me get drunk and cry it out? Just so I could blame it on alcohol the next day... only then I'd feel less pathetic.", she states and slowly continues to drink her drink.

 

Both of them just let her, they don't live a life like her but they can see her pain, and how her lifestyle forbids her from breaking down. Chaewon, at some point, sees her past self in Yoon Hye's state right now.

 

 

 

Outside, Minho arrived thirty minutes later. He looks worried and hurriedly went inside the restaurant. The hostess guided him to the table reserved for Ms. Kim.

 

He started to recognize Chaewon's back and in front of her, Yoon Hye who just raised her head from resting. He meets her eyes and she calls for him.

 

"Oppa, you're here. Eonni really called you huh?"

 

Chae Won and Ji Won both turned to see Minho approaching.

 

Worry is evident in his face. "Minho-ssi.", she calls for him but he didn't even budge. He went directly to Yoon Hye who appears to have bloodshot eyes from drinking and crying.

 

"Yoon Hye-ah lets go home.", he supported her body to stand. She can still stand straight on her own but she took his help since she drained her energy from crying.

 

"Bill please.", Chaewon asked the hostess who came with Minho. "Its already paid by the that man.".

 

Both girls then followed the two outside.

 

Minho helped Yoon Hye get in at the backseat. And when she's seated he turns to his girlfriend and angrily told her, "I told you to stop her from drinking." Chaewon was taken aback, he hasn't been this angry at her.

 

A short silence followed before he told the other girls to get in. Chaewon calmly declines, "Minho-ssi, Yoon Hye need to get home soon. She's mentally tired, just send her home, we could take a cab.".

 

Chaewon could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter