fin.

Jelly!!

AUTHOR POV

In After Moon Kindergarten, the teachers would give a really wide opportunities for all the students to express themselves. Playing physical games, learn reading, drawing, game, and the best thing is they really pay attention to all the unique and special in each students.

Like myoui mina. The uniqueness in that smol kid, is she still needs more help on developing her communication capability and if compare to her peers, she definitely behind all of them. This could happened because she’s a shy kid that always run away from the crowds and talking with others isn’t really her forte.

Whenever game time started, mina will always stand beside her teacher and just see from distance. She’s too scared to koin the others because they seems soo energetic and loud and that made mina nervous.

All the teachers understand this and never push mina to do things she dislike. Instead, they would encourage mina to do things she likes in the situation she’s comfortable with and also bit by bit try to encourage mina to express herself through words…

 

So, due to her shyness, mina prefer spending her time with one teacher and the teacher that mainly spend time with her, is Sana. One of the young teacher in After Moon Kindergarten. Sana was appointed to be mina’s watcher because the smol kid will alaways pick sana and whenever she scared, mina will alrays run to sana for protection. No one understands why mina picked sana among other teachers.. but if we could guess, maybe because sana always praise every little thing mina does and mina hooked with how sana calmed her down whenever she’ scared with anything.. so of course the smol kid will be attached to her.

But. Although mna usually spend time only with sana, there’s one girl that once or twice came to her and briefly spend time with her. The girl’s name is Hirai Momo.

Everyone in this kindergarten know how active momo is. She loves to play around the school enthusiastically with all her friends. playing hide and seek, cops and thieves, imaginative adventure in the school’s playground.. yes she rarely sit still in one place, wuite opposite from mina who always spend time in the small library corner, right at the corner of their class.

 

Yet again.. although momo always roaming around, if momo saw mina doing things in that library corner, she will stop for a moment and visit her. or more like to observe anything mina was doing. And that exactly what about to happened now.

Momo was about to play outside with her friends. But she decided to stop as she saw mina doing something with some book and crayon. Of course with sana right beside her. Out of curiousity, Momo then walked towards them and once she arrived there, she squatted down and quietly watched mina coloring a picture of ocean creatures.

A smile carved on sana’s face once she saw momo focused her attention to mina who was engrossed with her coloring book. Among all the students, Momo is the only one who always tried her best to get closer to mina and what made sana amazed upon this little kid, is the fact that momo always try not to step the boundries. Like she always careful to get closer to mina.. Maybe her parents taught her that or it was just an instinct.. and it always send warmth to sana who witness it everyday.

One from tons of reason that made sana enjoy her responsibility to watch mina is whenever mina done with her things.

 

“Yeay!”

 

Said Mina as she immediately showed the colored picture to sana with the widest gummy smile the little kid could show. Yes, that smile and that statisfactory is what made sana proud and enjoy with what she’s appointed to.

But before sana could praised and comment about Mina’s work, she was cut off by momo who immediately spilled her amazement

 

“Whoa!! You’re so good at coloring!!”

 

Mina who didn’t expect anyone, got surprised because of the sudden yell and she automatically looked towards momo in both surprised and nervous expression. Sana who saw that, tried to bridge the situation and made mina comfortable with momo sudden appearance

 

“It’s pretty. right?” asked Sana

“Ne! and she can colors it inside the line too! I can’t do that! She’s soo cool! Mina, you’re soo cool!!”

 

With those high spirit praises that momo gave, of course it made mina shy as it picturized by the way she covered half of her face with the coloring book and moved closer to sana, trying to hide herself. But momo thought that mina was scared of her. So to fix that thing, momo rummaged inside her small pocket and tried to search for something. her face was so serious and full of struggled and it made the nervous mina curious on what actually momo was about to take from that pocket. But once she got it, a smile appeared for the once serious face.

 

“Here! You can take this.” Said Momo as she stretched her small hand, gave mina an unsealed jelly.

 

Mina was both happy yet hesitant with it. she want to accept it, but she remembered that her mom told her not to eat too many jellies. She kept looking to the jelly and sana, back and forth.. try to send her signals that she doesn’t know what to do. Momo also noticed this, so the little girl decided to spill out her reasoning.

 

“You see..” that caught mina’s attention and now she fully diverted her focus to momo

 

“My mom always gave me jellies whenever I did something great. and it always makes me happy too because I love jellies.. so I want you to have this too! you did an amazing things and I want you to be happy. Hihi~” the girl ended it with a grinny smile.

 

Sana smiled when momo said that. Momo’s kindness to mina always surprised her and for and adult like her, its such an heartwarming scene how the pure and innocent love still there and untainted. On the other hand, Mina was surprised by that.. she took a glance at sana—again asking for assurance, and once sana smiled while gave her a nod, mina timidly stretched her hand and accepted momo’s jelly.

 

“T-thank you..”

 

Hearing that small voice coming from mina made momo smile widely and she became more and more excited.

 

“Hihi.. No problem!! I would give you tons of jelly if you want. Oh wait! I remember I bring a lot of candies today! Here you can have some of it.” said momo as she took a random candy from her pocket and gave it to mina

“thank you..” said mina

“Oh wait! I find another one!” said momo as she gave mina again the extra sweets

“and this too.”

“this one too..”

“oh! this one is the best! I love it very much you have to taste it!”

“and this candy too”

“look! Jelly! You can have this too..”

“this too..”

 

Momo kept giving mina any kind of sweets from her pocket and that made mina overwhelmed by the generosity. Plus.. she also scared that if her mom found out, she will be scolded. But mina couldn’t stop momo who seems soo happy and excited searching for extra sweets from all pocket that exist on her overall shirt. Mina could only stare at Sana in a worried expression and that made Sana let out a short chuckled. Amused by the innocent these two showed.

 

“Momo, I think mina doesn’t need more sweets.”

“Eh?? why? you don’t like sweets, mina?”

 

Sana gave a gesture to mina, like she encouraged her to talk. And with some shyness, mina tried to talk, bit by bit.

 

“Mama.. says. many jelly.. bad..” Momo who couldn’t understand what it means looked to sana, and sana tried to help both of them to communicate

 

“Mama says,” said sana, tried to make mina followed her words

“Mama says..”

“too many jellies,”

“too many jellies..”

“are bad.”

“are bad..”

 

Although it wasn’t really a decent words, but momo understand what mina was saying and she understand too why she needs to stop giving mina enourmous amount of jellies.

 

“Ahh.. I’m sorry I didn’t know that. my mom also said that but I never listen hehe.” And that made mina smiled too.

“You should listen to your mom momo, otherwise you’ll hurt your teeth.” said Sana.

“yes saem! Don’t worry, I always brush my teeth everyday!”

“wow great job! High five!” sana and momo high fived.

 

“Momo-ya! come on let’s play outside!!” that was momo’s friend, yelling from the front door.

“Ahh.. I have to go.. I’ll give you another jelly tomorrow! bye mina! bye sana saem!!”

 

Once Momo went away, mina’s eyes never left her. she followed her in silence, even until the girl reached the door frame. But before momo left, she stopped and looked towards the library corner. She saw mina still looking at her and it made her smile widely. So before she left, she grinned and threw a big wave to mina and yes.. the timid one smiled wide behind her coloring book.

 

Mina’s sight moved to her lap, where there’s various kind of sweets on it. she picked up each of it and happiness struck her.

 

“Saem!” mina called sana and the adult gave her a hum under her smile. Then the small baby pulled her jelly, showed it to sana with a really really bright smile.

“Momo!” said her while she showed her the jelly, shaking the wrapper entusiatically, like she’s bragging it to her.

“Right… Momo gave you that jelly.” Mina nod

“Momo gave mina jelly..” repeated her.

 

Mina showed a huge of expression after that. Although she knew she can’t eat it yet, she just kept playing with the wrapper and she was smiling at it and her feet jiggled in a happy motions. By that, sana was hundred percent sure that mina was delighted by the simple things momo did to her.

Due to the adorableness, sana patted mina’s head and asked her, “Does momo make you happy, mina?”

Mina nod her head while letting out a firm “eun!” stating how happy she is. And as her teacher/caretaker/watcher, this made sana proud that the shy and closed mina could be like that.



Author notes:

hello there! hahahahahaha
well this is just a story that none of you ever ask but these days i keep thinking about baby MiMo so pardon with the sudden update.
i know it short.. i just want to share some story since i've been inactive with my ongoing one..
and well i hope you guys like it and maybe i'll drop this kind of story in the future if ya'll like it..
don't forget to upvote and comment guys~ i appriciate it so much ^^

thank you for reading and love you guysss!





kamsahamnida~