Hoya

Our Time To Love [oneshot]

‘Oppa, say ‘ahh’..’ The girl said to her boyfriend while feeding him a spoonful of strawberry ice cream. They seemed happy…

Psh! So digusting!’ My conscious just asked me to leave the ice cream parlor and there was I, walking out and away from the lovey dovey couple.

 

 

I sighed. Today’s Valentine’s Day and once again, I was all alone. My head hurt when I saw discounts and special sales on gifts, especially for that 14th February displayed along the gift shops that I walked across to. How much I hate it that I felt like my head’s spinning.

 

Couples were dating, holding hands, walking side by side at the park, making me felt even more annoyed. I shouldn’t get out of my home earlier, pabo me. But my father asked me to buy something from the bakery.

 

 

‘Annyeong, agashi. Interested on our special promotion?’ A guy with a silly big ribbon hairband suddenly approached me and blocked my way. I narrowed my eyes, not the slightest smile was forming on my face. He was also on a glittery eye mask which covered his face.

‘Today’s the day to love…’ He spread his arms wide, trying to engross himself in the feelings of love. But I could feel like he’s forced to do so. Maybe, I didn’t know.

 

‘Stop it.’ I cut his words quickly.

‘If you don’t want to do it, then just stop. It’s okay. I hate Valentine’s Day.’ I said to him unpretentiously causing him to pause. His hands were still up in the air.

 

‘Jeongmalyo? But would you still be interested in our special….’

 

‘No! Please, you’re wasting your time.’ I glared at him and just walked away, feeling even sicker. But before I could take a step away from him, I could feel a hand which just grabbed my arm.

 

‘Wait! Actually, I hate this day too.’ I turned to him and when I did, he just took off his eye mask, revealing his face.

My eyes widen in shock as I could recognize the guy behind the mask.

 

‘Lee Hoya?!’

 

‘Hey, I know. I look pathetic right now, right? With this stupid hairband and all. But it’s my job. What can I do?’ He sighed. Hoya was actually my classmate.

 

‘But.. But why’re you here?’ I was still shocked from all this. The captain of the school’s football team was working as a desperate sales guy? That’s impossible.

 

‘Molloa. I could be practicing at the field right now but considering today’s the day where people are getting all loved up, having dates with their girlfriends, except for me. So I figured that I’ll be hiding behind this mask.’ I didn’t blink at his confession.

Then, both of us walked and sat at the nearby bench in the park.

 

 

‘You’re joking, right? About not having a girlfriend?’ I let out an awkward laugh. It was actually my first time talking to him alone, in person. Usually, he was surrounded with cheerleaders and fan girls 24/7, so the atmosphere was a bit awkward.

 

‘Aniyo. It’s true. That’s why I work here, like this. I don’t want people in school to know that I’m dateless. Besides, I can earn my own money. So.. What about you?’ He was waiting for me to answer.

 

‘Ahh.. Me too. I mean not having a boyfriend. Look at me. Haha.. I’m not that pretty.’ I started to blurt out stupid nonsense, causing him to laugh.

‘But why?  You know.. Loads of girls are crazy for you.’ I scratched my head, feeling slightly embarrassed.

 

‘Because I already have someone that I like since long ago.’ He smiled meaningfully at me, causing me to blush. But inside, I felt a little disappointed.

 

‘Ahh.. She must’ve been very lucky.’ I took a glance at my watch. To my surprise, it was already 4 pm. I promised my dad that I’ll buy a cake as a present for my mum. And luckily I was still holding the small box which held Appa’s precious cheesecake.

‘Mianhae, I have to go, Hoya-nim.’ I stood up. But why did I call him Hoya-nim? Aish! So embarrassing!

 

‘Wait!’ After I walked a few steps from him, he called for me. I quickly turned around; I couldn’t deny that I was hoping that he’ll ask for my phone number of something.

‘Promise that you won’t tell people in school about this?’ He ran towards me and asked hopefully with his puppy eyes.

 

‘Ahh.. Sure..’ I let out a chuckle, maybe it’s because I was laughing at myself for expecting impossible things.

 

‘Promise?’ He showed me his pinky. I smiled and intertwined my pinky with his. But suddenly he pulled me with his other hand and kissed me on my lips.

That’s my first kiss. And that lasted for a few minutes but it felt right.

 

‘I’ve been watching you since forever. I like you.’ He leaned his forehead against mine. I couldn’t think straight, still dizzy from his kiss.

 

 

I guess that day’s going to be the last time that I’d hate Valentine’s Day because I won’t be alone again. I already have Lee Hoya with me.

 


So how was it? Sorry if it's bad TT Happy Valentines Day *gives virtual chocolates*