One

Instagram
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon's okay. She’s perfectly fine. She’s alright walking in the lonely streets of Paris. Passing through the blissful couples while she glares at everyone.


She’s perfectly fine even if Momo, her best friend, cancelled their plans for Paris. Momo was even the one who told her it’d be fun to celebrate their single lives during Valentine’s. Absolutely perfect.

“ing Momo and her stomachache.” She mutters, as she passed by different cafes along with couple. 


She should’ve cancelled also. Now she regrets it. Thinking it was still a nice idea. Hating the idea how painfully ironic her life is right now. Walking at the most romantic place in the world, alone in the most romantic night surrounded by sappy couples that annoys her death.


Again, she was alright(not). Ecstatic to be exact (not). She was already passing through countless of stores already, why not to go shopping? At least she could enjoy the best designer clothes this city has to give and to also make her dad to lose a vein or two.


Nayeon may or may not have reached her credit card limit, and may or may not have shouted at the poor cashier lady when they told her that. Not that Nayeon doesn’t have some spare card to let them swipe, but Nayeon swore she just has her moment when she just has a “louder” speaking voice than usual.

She had at least (again, AT LEAST) 30 paper bags at hand. Holding her head high as she walks. She was Im Nayeon. Single or not, Nayeon wouldn’t take that as an excuse to held her head low across the sea of happy couples. She refuses to. She solely believes that her name alone should solely praised at.


Im Nayeon was a name you had to be familiar with. She’s not just anyone. With a flick of a finger she could ruin you. What an Im wants, an Im always gets, that’s their family’s motto.   Nayeon solely believes that when life turns to , the only answer is a bunch of Versace dresses, a pair of Prada bags and anything Gucci. Not that her parents doesn’t get aneurysm everytime they see her credit card bill. It’s no biggie.


But okay, maybe the universe really wants Nayeon to feel like today. Like really down to the mud, whole cow kind of . 


She lowered her Christian Dior shades and raised her eyebrows. 


“What the ” was all she said, followed by a “You’ve got to be kidding me.” She almost yelled at the non-existent God she looked above the sky.


Well, her friends always says that if God could tell her something, it’s probably something about how she’s the female counter part of Lucifer. Or how she’s the sole reason why humans are suffering. Her friends reminds God hates her, she’s as conceited as she is annoying, but she brushes them off by telling her it’s her winning quality. Nayeon probably believes that they’re true of course, but right at this moment she just realized how bad God wants her to have a ty day and/or life.


Nayeon was just perfectly strutting her way at the streets, having that dazzling smirk, a few people even eyed her bags but especially her face (of course). Her improving mood ended the moment she heard someone’s very familiar giggles. She was starting to enjoy showing off until she saw her. Nayeon saw her. Nayeon saw Mina. She was showing that gummy smile, sitting inside a fancy restaurant. Having a perfect romantic dinner with someone new.


Nayeon’s fine, she's perfectly fine. Who am I kidding. Of course she’s not. Not when she could still remember how she begged. How she begged Mina to stay a year ago. It was probably the first and last time she begged for anything, (and cried about something she can’t have) But she has a pride to protect, no news of the Im Nayeon crying about her ex would break out on her watch.


If you ask her if she’s over her, she’d say she’s doing well. Even if her friends don’t think so, she really is. Nayeon was happy with club hopping every night, with beautiful people beside her bed while Mina was falling evem harder at someone she was not.


People really just confuse her heartache with her pettiness. Or that’s what she wants herself to believe. Nayeon tries to not think about it that often.

 

Nayeon decided to hide behind a street light post. Not that it was effective or anything. In fact if anyone was looking towards her way, they’d believe she’s on crack.


Who in the world would try to hide against a very thin post while still holding at least 30 paper bags that looked liked a poorly made angle wings? Ridiculous doesn’t even cut what Nayeon looked like. In a bystander's eyes, it felt like Nayeon wants to be seen, but luckily for Nayeon, Mina didn’t see her. Even her new girlfriend didn’t seem to notice. They were busy plastering eating grins on their faces to notice.


Mina was sitting in front of someone with short blonde hair. Nayeon vaguely remembered her name from the last time she stalked Mina’s Instagram. It’s something like Joohyun? Jeonghyun? Jeonyeon? She didn’t care much, she said that when her friends scolded her for being a bitter about it for a whole week.


She heard a faint thud, apparently she'd dropped a bag or two when Nayeon saw it. Now it makes sense. It suddenly make sense why this Jeonghyun girl was so fond of holding Mina’s hand. Nayeon hardly spotted a shiny rock in Mina’s ring finger. She’s ing engage. Every little most Nayeon-like thing crossed her mind. Set the restaurant on fire. Ruin their dinner and make a scene, but she remembered Mina’s disappointed look whenever she acts rashly. She reminded herself to calm herself down, this was the exact reason why Mina grew tired of her. She reminded herself that, but the very of thought of it made her tore one of her paper bags “accidentally”.


“ing Channel and their weak paper bags” Nayeon threw the torn bag as if it’s costs nothing.


She took off, leaving the stupid paper bags she dropped. She can’t bear to stand even in the vicinity of those two. She just can’t handle it. Not that she couldn’t buy those dresses anyway (Also she hated the color of one of them anyway).


She walked until she was satisfied of the distance she has from her ex. She tried to get her mind over it as she sat inside some random restaurant, contemplating whether she should burn the restaurant down. Quickly fishing out her phone, doing some quick swipes and clicks as she open an app, typing the familiar username she knew how to love and especially hate.


“A ing Cartier? I can’t believe she settled for a simpleton” There she saw it. A beautiful picture showing Mina’s hand, someone was holding her hand ever so gently.  She rolled her eyes when the diamond was not big enough. Mina deserved better, she should’ve deserve someone better. Nayeon swore.


A lot of thoughts ran from Nayeon’s mind that moment. She even thought of trashing up the couple’s hotel room with a single call because she felt like it.


But she decided against it, she’d surely be caught. And frankly, letting Mina know she’s not over her was the last thing she needed right now. She got an idea as her mind landed to a familiar tower not that far away from her. It may be one of the best ideas she ever came up with.

 

“Nayeon, that’s a terrible idea.” Jihyo called her as soon as she texted the group chat about her plan.


“What do you mean? It’s the perfect idea. Momo said  I should do it.” She replied, earning a sigh from Jihyo. “Tzuyu left my message on seen and frankly, that’s good enough for me.” She added.


“Momo, only said that because you almost threatened to hire a hitman to kill her when she got sick, which I might add was not her fault I might add.” 


“Momo deserved it. Who the tried to eat 20 pints of ice cream and thinks it’s a good idea anyway?” Nayeon growled, she honestly believed Momo did that on purpose (The truth is Momo was just really bored that time.)

 

Nayeon could practically hear Jihyo’s eye roll. “But Tzuyu only left you on read because she’s busy on her date with Chaeyoung.” 


“Again, that’s good enough for me. You know how much you she loves disagreeing with me.” If Nayeon knew better, she’d think Tzuyu truly hates her, but she remembered how the girl her a hugged the moment her eyes were sweating when Mina broke up with her (Yes her eyes sweat, it was a condition Nayeon elaborately and expensively paid her doctors to explain).


“Anyway, Jihyo just go with it. You just have to ignore my Instagram post later without any so much as a comment that it’s fake. How hard can that part be?” Nayeon complained.


Nayeon heard a long sigh and she instantly knew she’s on board.


“Describing Tzuyu “disagreeing” with you would be an understatement.” She sighed “but okay fine, but I’m only agreeing to this because you’re still not over her and---”


“Jihyo, how many times have I told you that I just—”


“That Mina just damaged your ego, that’s why you’re putting a lot of effort into this insane plan of yours.” 


Nayeon nodded even if she knew Jihyo couldn’t see it. “Glad, we’re both on the same page.”


Nayeon called a cab and went back to her hotel room to drop off her things and to change. She chose to wear something completely comfy, she thought that it would look more convincing if she wore something comfortable other than her fancy dress. She guessed that of she’d want this to be perfectly believable she’d want anyone who see her post to believe that she got herself a date.


Nayeon chose to wear a pair of Gucci Jeans that hugs her legs perfectly and a Channel cashmere sweater that would definitely looked cute on her Fendi baguette bag.


By the time she settled on her outfit she made her way to buy a tripod and a camera for her plan.


“Does it have a remote?” Nayeon asked


“Yes, ma’am. It also has amazing kit lens and the aperture level is—” The salesman explained, hardly masking the intimidated face he’s showing.


“Okay, but does it have Bluetooth? To send my photos to my phone?” Crossed her arms, not wanting to know useless stuff about the camera other than the shutter button and the Bluetooth feature.


The guy nodded, as he demonstrated how the thing works. Nayeon’s not gonna li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter