-end-

Ten Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬ ►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬  ►♪♫◄

20.10.2019 ;; Sunday

 

“Yongsun unnie! What time would you be out till?”

“I should be back before 9! Why?”

“Unnie, can you open the door for me then? I will be back after 9!”

 

Yongsun looked up at her shorter roommate, noticing the dust of pink staining the cheeks of the girl. She didn’t even need any confirmation from the girl to know that her guess was right. Chuckling softly, she nudged Wheein, being in a mood to tease the girl.

 

“Are you going on a date with Hyejin? What are you planning to do?” The older girl wiggled her eyebrows suggestively at Wheein. The younger girl immediately grabbed a pillow from her side to fling it at Yongsun. The older girl yelped in surprise, her hand shielding herself, but it wasn’t necessary because Wheein missed her shot.

 

“Hey, chill! I’m just kidding. I don’t know why you are still so flustered when I already know that you are dating her for eight months! Isn’t the relationship progressing well? You even have your own studio in her apartment for god’s sake!” Yongsun squeaked.

Wheein flushed at the remark, “Well, you’re not wrong. Sometimes, I still think Hyejin is too good to be true.” She smiled to herself, thinking about how much happier she had become in recent months.

 

Yongsun ruffled the girl’s hair, “Hyejin is a keeper. I haven’t seen anyone who understands you so much and makes you so happy. You’re literally glowing, Wheein ah. I truly believe it will work out for both of you.”

Wheein’s eyes sparkled brightly at Yongsun’s reassurance, the words warming her heart. She cast her eyes away, avoiding the smirk that she knew was plastered on the older’s face.

 

“I hope so too,” Wheein whispered, more to herself than Yongsun. Her face was heating up, and she was sure it wasn’t because of the weather.

 

—————

 

 

Wheein was a homebody; therefore, she liked squeezing her outdoor activities all in a day. She was out at 3 in the afternoon, taking the subway to her go-to art store. It was an hour trip to the location, yet the girl had always been persistent to buy from this particular store just because she had known the owner for a long time.

 

She had to grab art supplies for her latest work. The last time she came, the art store had run out of supply for some of the materials, so Wheein decided to pay first. That way, she wouldn’t have to worry about the payment, and she could pick her items up easier and leave if she was in a hurry.

 

Earlier this week, the owner had texted her to let her know that her items arrived, and she could collect them anytime. Her plan was to receive her items before heading back to her place where she would meet Hyejin at the nearby mall for dinner. She couldn’t wait to show the new art supplies to her girlfriend and finish the remaining bits of her project.

 

When she reached her destination, however, her heart sank. Her eyes took in the dark store, the sunlight reflecting through the glass panels. There was no one at the counter, and the lights were not either. On its door, a paper stating, “We are not open for the day due to an emergency,” with the “Closed” sign hanging below the article, woke Wheein up from her confused state of mind.

 

The petite girl was upset, feeling the rising anger bubbling within her. She had made a wasted trip here for nothing, wasting her precious time, which she could spend tidying her room or catching up on her work. Moreover, she wouldn’t have to deal with the squeezy and packed train. 2 hours gone in total for absolutely nothing! It’s even worse when she realized she wouldn’t be able to complete her work, and also couldn’t show Hyejin what she had bought!

 

Wheein huffed under her breath, clearly annoyed by the situation. It was a bad day, and she needed to rant to Hyejin about how unlucky she was with the situation. When she boarded the train to head back, she fished her phone out and immediately texted Hyejin. Hopefully, Hyejin would be able to make her day better.

 

She stared at the moving scenery outside the window, thinking about how dumb she was. She should have called the owner of the store today before making a trip there, why didn’t she thought of it? If she had done that, she would have known that the shop was closed, and she would not have landed in that situation. Though, a part of her still felt that the store owner should have contacted her to let her know first. Wheein groaned internally. She could already hear Hyejin’s laugh ringing in her mind at her brainless actions.

 

A loud ‘ding’ brought her attention back to her phone.

Hey Wheeny, is it okay if we postpone our date?

 

She frowned at the response but typed a quick reply back. She received another text instantly.

Something urgent came up, I promise I’ll make it up to you!

She sighed, deciding to end the conversation with an “okay”.

 

It must be something important if Hyejin had to push back their meeting. Wheein couldn’t find the heart to complain to her girlfriend through text messages because she didn’t want Hyejin to feel guilty for being unable to make it for today’s date. Instead, she decided to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter