Lilies and Roses

The Doctors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person POV

Chaeyoung's heart was still racing in her chest, Like it had been for most of the time she spent waiting for Mina.

To say that she was nervous would be a severe understatement. There were so many little details that could ruin their date night and Chaeyoung couldn't stop thinking about them.

Every so often she would look over to the passenger seat to see Mina looking out at the city through the window. She had a soft smile and that would give Chaeyoung crumbs of peace for her worried mind.

After another 15 minutes of driving they arrived at the restaurant Chaeyoung had picked. Judging from the pretty dress that Chaeyoung had worn Mina thought she was taking her to a super expensive, fancy restaurant.

They both could certainly afford the luxury of fine dining but instead Chaeyoung brought her to a much smaller and cozier place. The sign infront of the main door read 'Lili's Kitchen' in a stylish font which made Mina think of her little baby girl. It was still a fancy place but cozy and Mina loved it as soon as she stepped inside.

The place made sense to Mina weirdly. It was Chaeyoung's vibe and Mina smiled to herself as the girl next to her had once again defied her expectations in the best way.

"I came across this place the first week I was here in LA. It quickly became my favorite place to eat at." Chaeyoung says as she turned to Mina.

"It's called 'Lili's' is that why you decided to check this place out?" Mina asks with a chuckle.

"No actually. I found this place before I knew that was the little bean's nickname. This was pure coincidence. " Chaeyoung says laughing along as they walked to the reception.

Mina kept looking around the interior of the place. Her eyes stopped on their hands which were intertwined. Mina doesn't remember exactly when Chae had took her hand in hers but she smiled softly and waddled behind her.

"I like it. This place... it's very.. you." Mina says. To this Chae turns back to Mina and gives her a questioning look.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Chaeyoung asked amused at what she just heard.

"Not telling." Mina says as she sticks her tongue out and walks ahead not letting go of the smaller girl's hand but taking the lead as they walked to the reception desk to find their table.

They settled at their table without any interruptions or problems and Chaeyoung releases a huge sigh as she relaxes in her chair.

Mina chuckles as she sees this. She knew the girl was on edge the whole way here. She didn't quite understand why but she found it cute that Chae, who spends most of her time with Mina and her daughter was nervous going out for a simple dinner with her.

'Maybe it's because lia isn't here.' Mina thought.

They spent their time at the restaurant talking about each other and the things they didn't already know.

Chaeyoung found out that Mina was always a good girl. The perfect student, The perfect daughter but she felt incomplete with her 'perfect' life. Which is what led her to make the decision to have Lia.

Mina found out that Chaeyoung came from a family of doctors and that was what pushed her to chase the same dream. She also learned about the details of what happened with her fiancé and why Chae decided to move here. She didn't seem comfortable with the topic so Mina didn't push her to talk about it more.

As they were enjoying their dinner and talking about small things a woman came up to them.

"Chaeyoung-ssi Hi!" The woman greeted enthusiastically.

Both Mina and Chae looked up to the person.

"Oh Hi rosie." Chaeyoung greets back.

"Where's the little one?" Rosie asks.

"Oh she's at a friend's place tonight." Chaeyoung says and the lady turns her attention to Mina who was eyeing her curiously.

"Oh hello. You must be Chaeyoung's wife. It's great to finally meet you." Rosie says happily as she shook Mina's hand.

Mina just chuckles to herself and accepts the greeting.

"Nice to meet you too umm?" Mina said as she waited for the girl to tell Mina her name.

"You can call me rosie" she said quickly.

"Nice to meet you rosie." Mina says again.

Chaeyoung was about to inform the lady that Mina actually wasn't her wife but before she could, Mina started talking again.

"I see you've already met Chae and our daughter?" Mina asked.

And there it was again. Chaeyoung felt it. The warm feeling and butterflies that burst in her stomach when Mina said "our".

'Our daughter'

Chaeyoung was shocked but she kept quiet as she looked at Mina and Rosie talk.

"Oh yes, Chaeyoung here is one of our most frequent customers and she brings little Lia along most times she's here. She's an absolute sweetheart by the way. So so so cute." Rosie says as she gushes over the little one.

"Rosiee! Come help me with this!" They hear a shout coming from the kitchen side of the place. Rosie looks back at where the sound came from and then turns back around to give Michaeng a smile as a goodbye for now.

"I'm gonna head in the kitchen. You guys enjoy the rest of the night and oh! No need to pay. It's on the house." She says as she walked back to the kitchen.

Mina looks back at Chae and smiles. "You guys didn't tell me you made a new friend." She says.

Chaeyoung was still in a daze as the words 'our daughter' still repeated in her mind.

"E-eh?" She asked not quite catching what Mina had said.

"I said you and Lia didn't tell me that you two made a new friend here." Mina repeats as she smirked at the smaller girl.

'What is that smirk for??' Chaeyoung thought.

"O-oh her name is Park Chaeyoung. She owns this place." Chaeyoung says. Seeing Mina being confused by the name she just heard Chae continued.

"Actually she goes by Rosé. But when she introduced herself to us lia couldn't pronounce her name for the life of her." Chaeyoung says laughing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter