will probably start because of an accident

This Love

Ryeowook was a frail, sickly child and is almost always absent for school. Because of that he never made any real, close friends. He’s cute and bubbly and that made it easy for him to cuddle up to the girls. He’s smart and helpful and that made him approachable to the boys, plus his medical history in school, no one is evil enough to bully him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Kibum grew up in America and although his parents keeps Korean traditions and speaks Korean in their house, he was exposed to his western environment. He was Asian but since he had that mega-watt killer smile he gets things easier than the others. He speaks their native tongue fluently so he doesn’t get teased a lot like others. He is charming, gallant and became one of the top ten most popular guys in campus. He’s witty and athletic so he gets it easy hanging with guys.

 

Kibum had a fun life and will become great after meeting an agent, telling him he’s got the makings of a star. Kibum had his dreams one of which was being a famous actor. He got his parents’ permission and headed to Korea without wasting anymore time. Within a year’s training and workshop, Kibum made his debut as a commercial model. Few months more, he was in almost all billboards, his killer, innocent smile flashing at you wherever you go.

“Don’t worry umma, I won’t forget my studies.” Kibum had said during one of his conversations with his parents over the phone.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Ryeowook had been sitting under a tree’s shade for almost an hour watching his classmates play on the field. Because of his recent asthma attack, Ryeowook was exempted from gym class. He heard some passing girls chattering and giggling. They had been talking about the newest idol Kim Kibum, within just a few months’ time; he had become a hit among the females. Ryeowook envied the guy, he wants to be famous too but because of his frail body, his parents never let him go to any auditions or training.

 

Ryeowook, despite all his parents’ incessant no’s, sneaked out of the house and headed for an audition. He was a really good singer but never got the chance to sing unless it was part of the school’s activities. When he arrived at the venue, he saw a sea of hundreds of other applicants which intimidated him. He slowly stepped back but was pushed forward by a mob of screaming fans.

 

“AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! KIBUM WE LOVE YOU!”

“Marry me Kibum!”

“Smile for us Kibum!” they all shouted and some other fangirl phrases.

Ryeowook fell to the ground, the soda he had been holding flew from his hand. “I shouldn’t have come. Ouch!” Ryeowook muttered and found himself being brought up with the help of someone.

 

“Are you alright?” Ryeowook looked up and the screaming girls from the background grew louder when the person smiled at them as they requested. “Please be careful okay.” He sweetly said to his fans waved at them and disappeared inside his car.

 

It was none other than Kim Kibum and Ryeowook just realized something ---- he spilled soda on his shirt?! Did anyone notice it too? Hopefully not, he doesn’t want angry fans after him. Silently, Ryeowook crept out of sight and went back home forgetting his plan of auditioning. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Kibum took off his shirt the moment he was safe in his car and took a new one from his box of clothes.

“I don’t smell like soda right?” he asked his manager.

“No, you smell fine. It was a great show you pulled back there. I was worried you’d yell at the kid.” His manager replied. Kibum rested his head on his propped hand and looked out the window.

“If I do, I’d be in some cheap tabloid’s front page.”

“That’s right, I’m glad you were able to think that fast.”

 

Truthfully, Kibum never had the intention of embarrassing the guy. It was an accident and accidents happen. He was just unfortunately getting in the way of his fans; luckily no one noticed that he threw his drink at him.

“I wonder if I’d be able to see him again.”

“You said something?”

“I was just thinking aloud.”

“Oh, okay.”

 

Kibum entered an all-boys high school, as suggested by his parents since he hated being home schooled. An all-boys’ school means no girls, no distractions while he studies. He’s an idol so everyone knows him instantly. He’s popular with the girls so everyday, the moment it was broadcasted where he studies, a group of fans would line up at the side of the school gate to greet him whenever his car comes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Ryeowook once again found himself surrounded by giddy girls again not that he hates it, it’s just he’s surrounded because he’s chaperoning his cousin for a fan meeting. Ryeowook sneaked out as hard as he can, he likes getting in close contact with women but not this way.

“Argh! Why me of all people?” he muttered and hit someone with his elbow.

“Sorry.” He mumbled an apology without looking at the person.

He flipped his phone open and pushed a speed-dial number. “Kyu, have anything fun to do?”

“Some of us are going to play LAN games.”

“I’ll come with.”

“You play?” Kyuhyun asked sarcastically.

“Yes… well, no. But I can learn. What’s so hard about playing some computer games?” Ryeowook pouted.

 

~first blood~

those two words always flash on Ryeowook’s screen. But Ryeowook never gave up, was almost at the verge of it but his pride made him always hold on to the game he never understood. His cousin, Kyuhyun, and the others were laughing at his total noobness.

“Wookie, we’ve been playing for two hours now and all you did was die.” Kyuhyun teased from the opposite cubicle.

 

~two more hours passed~

“Wooohoooo!” Ryeowook’s team mates cheered. Their team won all thanks to a miracle – Ryeowook pawned the superhero and the frozen throne of the opposing team. Kyuhyun bear hugged Ryeowook, squishing the oxygen out of his tiny body while the others patted his back or ruffled his hair.

“I guess you proved me wrong Wookie.” Kyuhyun said cheerfully.

 

Because of his fluke-victory, Ryeowook arrived home late since they had their victory party. He got a minor reprimand since he asked permission beforehand although it was in the last minute. Ryeowook immediately went up his room and put his phone in optimal charge. 

 

Thanks for the help he text messaged, when it was confirmed that the message was sent Ryeowook immediately fell asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Kibum’s phone rang one text message received flashed on the screen. A smile spread across Kibum’s face and replied but didn’t receive a reply. “He must be sleeping already.” He muttered to himself and threw the phone to his fluffy bed. He, too, was dead beat. The fan meeting that afternoon drained the life out of him. Good thing it lasted only for an hour and he had the rest of the afternoon to himself.

 

He glanced at his phone and thought of rolling in bed too but he still has to finish a proposition for the upcoming school festival. Kibum was about to start with his work when his phone rang.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Kibummie, can you send me that proposal I wanna see what help I can do.” Said a cheerful voice on the other end.

“Oh, okay. Wait awhile okay Kyuhyun. I still need to encode a few things then I’ll send it to you.”

“Okay. Just give me a nudge ‘kay?” and Kibum saw Kyuhyun’s status turn from ‘Available’ to ‘Busy’. Kibum chuckled. He knew Kyuhyun was busy with only one thing – games.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Ryeowook didn’t want to ‘tag along’ with Kyuhyun during their school festival for a hundred reasons.

One, it’s a boys’ high. Two, he’d be mistaken as one of the students. Three, people would order him around because of that mistake. Four, it’s a Saturday – and it’s his rest day, he doesn’t want to wake up early. Five and his newest reason, teen idol Kim Kibum attends to that school.

 

Kim Kibum + open house school festival = flocks of screaming, lunatic, crazed fan girls = trouble for Ryeowook. Okay, so that’s five but he can still think of ninety-five more.

 

“Wookie, meet Kibum, my VP.” Kyuhyun introduced with a chuckle.

Ryeowook looked at the person in front of him, the image of him spilling soda on his shirt came back to him. Ryeowook bowed sheepishly.

“So you’re Wookie. Heard you won for his team some weeks ago.” Kibum said.

“It was just a fluke.” Ryeowook muttered. He looked up and saw that signature smile of his. Ryeowook suddenly felt flushed.

 

Ryeowook, because of his victory, got himself talked into another battle. And he had the record for the most losses – again. Kyuhyun and the rest were beginning to worry then a few more minutes passed and Ryeowook began to regain his status until…

“YES!!!!!!” Kyuhyun team won with Ryeowook destroying the enemy’s base. Right after Kyuhyun released him from his hug Ryeowook immediately pick his phone and pressed the keypad rapidly.

 

Ryeo: you should really stop helping me.

Txtm8: y? u want to be teased and laughed at?

Ryeo: no but… I can’t let you play for me all the time ~_~

Txtm8: if its you I’ll make myself available ^_^

Ryeo: thanks ur really nice. Maybe u cn tutor me personally nxt tym. I really don’t want 2 rely on u

Txtm8: u wana mit? U myt run after seeing how I look >/////<

Ryeo: I’m not shallow. Yes I wana mit my cyber lifesaver… please

~few minutes passed~

Txtm8: k… see u outsyd SJ Boys’ High

 

“SJ Boys’ High?! That’s Kyu’s school and coincidentally just across the café.” Ryeowook said to himself. Ryeowook declined Kyuhyun’s offer this time and walked towards SJBH’s front gate, waiting. He never really gets this victory party just for winning a game.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Kyuhyun invited Kibum to have dinner outside with his group but Kibum declined. Kibum stood by the front gate of his school, glad that the crowd had finally subsided.

“I don’t feel well. I still have a schedule.” he reasoned.

“Well, is that so?” Kyuhyun said, downcast. “You didn’t really do well in today’s game. It’s so unlike you to just get pawned like that. Get well soon ‘kay?” Kyuhyun said with concern and left with the others.

 

Yes, Kibum was a gamer, a very good gamer. He lost not because he was sick nor was he swamped with schedules it was because of… the person coming towards him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Ryeowook neared the gate and saw no one but Kibum. He was having second thoughts, whether to move forward or run away. His mind said run but his feet were dragging him towards Kibum.

He stood beside him and waited, maybe the guy was late but being with Kibum is making him agitated.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

“Waiting for someone?” Ryeowook asked him. Kibum smiled at his uneasiness. Kibum nodded.

“You were really good.” Kibum complimented. He saw Ryeowook blush.

“Nah, it was just a fluke.”

“Really?”

“Actually someone has been playing for me and I’m meeting him now.” He was fidgeting with the ends of his shirt. He saw from his peripheral vision Kibum’s surprise. “Please don’t tell anyone! I’m going to practice real hard this time so if I win again next time at least I … won’t feel guilty…”

 

Kibum thought he never saw anyone look so cute and innocent. Is he really his senior, he thought. Kibum moved closer and closer. He reached out for Ryeowook’s head from the back and pulled him close. Kibum kissed him lightly on the forehead.

 

“Don’t worry I’ll tutor you well.” He whispered.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Ryeowook was speechless and motionless. He stayed in that position, his head resting on Kibum’s shoulder, Kibum’s lips centimeters away form his forehead. Don’t worry I’ll tutor you well, those words made him melt inside and turned his insides upside down.

“I’m really weak when it comes to games. Wouldn’t I take your time?” Ryeowook asked as he reluctantly pulled himself away from Kibum, from his warmth and from his fragrance.

“Like I told you over text message ‘if it’s you, I’ll make myself available.’ Do you know what you’re name is on my phone? It’s Soda Boy.” Kibum said with a chuckle, Ryeowook flushed.

“You’re fans would hate you and hate me more if they see us together.”

“Why would they? We’re just friends, right?” Ryeowook nodded.

“Wait, you still remember me from that time? Was I that clumsy?”

“Well, you were the only guy who falls for me head over heels literally. And the only person who ignored me the second time we saw each other… at the fan meeting.”

Ryeowook tried to recall. “Sorry.” He instantly apologized the moment he remembered that guy he bumped in to.

Kibum laughed. “We’re just friends Wookie, for now. I just want to clarify that with you.” And he kissed him softly on the lips.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Kibum had never really seen anyone as cute and innocent and vulnerable as this person in front of him. He wants him and he means now but if he does would that destroy the friendship he has started with Ryeowook, his Soda Boy, his Game Noob, his Frail Singer? No. He knew, he’s confident that whatever he has started now will be rewarded later. He knows that he also holds a special place in Ryeowook’s heart. Kibum’s not being arrogant, it was by the way Ryeowook looks at him, it’s in the way he says

 

“your fans might do this… or hate you for that…” yet still stay by Kibum fearlessly. 
 

It’s in the way Ryeowook accepted his kisses… that Kibum knows this love will certainly bloom. 

 

~THE END~

 


sorry for the awkward game terms. i'm not a gamer, or rather, not an RPG/MMORPG player. don't have the patience or the will to stay in the game.