Neighbor

Neighbor

Kikwang was in the one stop shop, a 24 hours store, not far from where he lived. He was buying some groceries and some soft drinks.  A few of the patron recognized him, but let him be. They looked at him, peaked a glimpse at him but they don't bother him. Kikwang was walking to the counter to pay his groceries, when a kid bumped into him.

"I'm sorry," The child said nervously, bowing head.

Smiled, "Oh, it's alright." Bowed his head to the kid.

"Hay, did you bother this man? I told you to be careful, didn't I?" A woman spoke to the child. And looked apologetic and bowed her head, "I'm sorry, Mister."

Smiled and bowed his head, "It's alright." He went to the counter to pay for his groceries, and placed his items on the counter.  He turned again to look at the mother and child. They were in the milk section, he could only see the head of the woman. He turned back to pay his groceries. Pulled out his wallet and took out the necessary bills, and then was given his change. His items were placed in a plastic bag.He took the plastic bag, and when he turned to look again for the mother and child they were no where to be seen.

"That was odd." he thought to himself. He went on his way home.

 

Unknowning, this is an encounter that will change Kikwang forever. He did not see it coming. Fate has something for him.