THIRTEEN: DARA

ALL FOR HER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Things weren't going too well when we woke up.

 

We were running late, since we promised to help with the wedding preparations. Since the wedding is happening at a wedding hall here in Seoul, there really isn’t too much to worry about, but Jiyong has been grumpy.

 

After his surprise visit last night, since we talked about just meeting there in the morning, I thought he’d be more playful, more spontaneous.

 

I offered for us to shower together, but he declined saying one should prepare breakfast so we won’t be wasting time.

 

Traffic was moderate, and we’re only going to be late for less than an hour, but he kept on cursing under his breath. At the back of my mind, I’m struggling to figure out how to open up the discussion I’ve been wanting to start with him.

 

Maybe it wasn’t the right time yet.

 

Or maybe I just need his bad mood to pass. I doubt if he already knows about Gummy’s pregnancy news since he hasn’t reacted on our group chat when she announced it, and I’m a little touchy in mentioning it to him casually.

 

Still, I need to say something as the quiet inside his car is making me feel agitated.

 

“Hey, have you read about Gummy’s pregnancy?”

 

He grumbled a yes, while looking at the side mirror and back on the road again.

 

“They’re so excited about it. I’m happy for them.” I tried to lighten up once again.

 

He nodded while I talked, as if he had nothing else to say.

 

“I’m not sure if they plan to get married before the baby comes out, but either way, that’s another friend walking down the aisle. We really are getting old now, are we?”

 

He chuckled lightly, still avoiding eye contact with me and shifted gears. “Good for them.”

 

I tried to say something else, but nothing comes to mind, and truthfully, I’m feeling a bit frustrated with him already. Whatever set him off in a bad mood this morning is killing the mood.

 

I looked out the window, accepting defeat.

 

--------

 

I tried to stay away from Jiyong since we got to the wedding hall. Bom and I are in charge with the catering, so we were coordinating with the arrival of the food into the venue hall, checking the food containers and waiting for Jinwoo’s wedding cake delivery.

 

Well, not really a cake, but more like a strawberry cupcake tower.

 

I’ve sampled this from his test a while back, and I can’t wait to have it again.

 

Chaerin is with Minzy, talking to the venue stylist while Jiyong and Soohyuk are busy with the technical team for lighting and sounds. They were with acquaintances from their field, so Shinhye got easily dragged in on their mini group back there.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter