One

Will you stay with me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Destiny.

Maybe this is a big joke to fate. Maybe her existence is a joke to the world, that’s how Yeji always feels each time her gaze is set on Ryujin sitting like some boy in the floor. Her best friend is something out of the ordinary, she can really shine like the sun, but the darkness that consumes her keeps it from happening. The pink haired girl is paler than usually, and apparently she seems happy enough to joke around with her fellow Slytherin comrades, but Yeji knows. She always knows.

“Ryujin” her voice sounds serious and worried, she cant muster a smile, even if she tries. “We need to talk”

All the Slytherin kids booed Yeji. The issue between Gryffindor and Slytherin is stronger than ever, and the war against Voldemort only deepened it. She knows why Ryujin’s housemates hate her, she is after all the daughter of Aurors. Yeji sighed, when Ryujin only fell silent at the sight of Yeji. The pink haired girl stood up from the place at floor. She is the only girl in the entire school that uses boy pants instead of the skirt that comes with the uniform, most people finds it weird, but Yeji knows the real reason.

Ryujin’s face was hard and cold. A perfect mask of guarded emotions. There’s a scar at the side of her jaw, and she usually tells a story about mischief in her younger years. Oh, if the world only knew.

“Yeji” her voice cracks. “Bye, losers” she waves away her hose mates, and begin to walk a fast pace.

Yeji easily followed her, with shaking hands and worry eating her insides.

“Did you take your potion? You know is very important to do so, if your house, Merlin forbid it, realizes the truth, all hell will break loose”

Ryujin stopped dead in her tracks, her usual calm face was contorted in fury. Yeji winced.

She knows. She always knows that Ryujin’s mood swings are not her fault, but it doesn’t mean that the harsh words she says, sting lesser.

“I know, mother, stop nagging at me”

Yeji sighed and looked away, she knows that Ryujin only wants to feel like a normal girl, and that’s why she sometimes do reckless things, but Yeji needs to be the responsible one of two.

Ryujin glared at her, with hatred. Yeji swears that her skin is becoming whiter and whiter each second that passes. And she knows by now, that Ryujin didn’t drink her medicine. The shock that comes with the realization feels like ice injected in her veins, she stole a look at the window, where the sun is still high in the sky, but in a couple of hours there will be a full moon. It explains Ryujin’s anger.

“You are the most stupid girl I’ve ever known in my life. And sometimes I don’t know why I love you” Yeji muttered, as she took a hold of Ryujin’s robes and began to drag her to Great Hall.

Ryujin smirked tiredly.

“Same for me, I don’t know why you love me” Her voice is tired, but the anger is still there, hidden, like the beast caged inside of Ryujin.

Yeji stopped. Her hands are trembling again, and she is dead worried. A full moon only means trouble. Ryujin is panting, and leaned against the wall. Yeji stole another look at the window, night is coming faster than expected.

“we need to get out there” She whispered harshly at her best friend.

Ryujin smiled that damn smile. The same one that spotted the day Yeji met her. Cry, Yeji wished she is capable of crying in this moment, but they don’t have time.

“Always the worry cat, Yeji, since you were a little girl, you were already like a mom”

Yeji sighed, and put Ryujin’s arm around her shoulder.

“Someone needs to be responsible of this mess”

Ryujin laughed, but it was a sad sound. Defeated, lost, hurt.

“It shouldn’t be you. I’m sorry for this”

Yeji tried to make the atmosphere less depressing.

“what’s happening? The Great Shin Ryujin is apologizing, I must be dreaming”

They hide behind a pillar, a couple of professors passed by. Ryujin handed Yeji the Marauders map. Yeji’s eyes widened.

“Where the hell you got this?”

Ryujin’s smile was beautiful, even with her pale skin and Yeji’s heart skipped a beat.

“Oh, Yeji, we’ve been friends for years, and you still don’t know me?”

“It’s impossible to understand you”

“I know”

With the help of the map, they could exit Hogwarts Castle without anyone knowing. They ran as fast as their legs could carry them. But then, Ryujin fell, collapsing at the ground, grasping at her chest, breathing heavily.Her face was twisted in pain.

“C’mon, just a little more” Yeji said, loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter