Us Against The World

Put A Little Love On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A comeback. Something that is very exciting about their job. The only thing that could make Twice jumping excitedly about their work, it's a comeback. They like preparing for their comeback but at the same time they hated how much it drained their energy especially when they had to do a dance practice for their titled track a hundred times per day. As for now, they are in the process of memorizing the dance moves with the help of Lee Jung, their choreographer for this comeback.

"Alright ladies. That's it for today. I'll see you tomorrow in the evening after your music video meeting." Lee Jung said then excuse herself. Once Lee Jung left the studio, all nine of them flopped themselves onto the floor. 

"I can't feel my legs." Chaeyoung the first one to open while the rest are still desperately catching their breath.

"Let's stop moving and just sleep here until tomorrow." Tzuyu suggestion earned a loud laugh from her unnies. As usual, whenever Tzuyu open to say something she never failed to make her unnies laugh. She has unintentionally become the comedian in their group. She is indeed the ray of sunshine in Twice.

"This is the worst part about comeback." Momo, even their dancing machine whining. This new choreography is the hardest they've ever learnt and an energy draining than their other choreography especially to Momo since she has a dance break which will focus on her sharpness and the dance break demanded extra stamina and full energy from her.

"I can't do this anymore." Jeongyeon uttered while messaging her neck. The stiff on her neck has become worst lately. Her head feel heavier each time. It made her nauseous sometimes too. Nayeon staring at Jeongyeon's reflection on the mirror above them and smiles.

"And we still have a meeting to attend." Jihyo reminded them. Right. Meeting. Another worst part comeback. While preparing for a comeback they had to attend tons of meetings. Concept meetings. Musical meetings. Music video meetings. Choreography meetings and outfit meetings. Name it all, Twice had to show up early for those meetings.

While nine of them drowning in their own thoughts after a exhausting practice, Jeongyeon's phone ringing. She ignored it at first but then Sana started complaining as her phone is ringing so loudly and her ringtone annoyed her.

"Yes unnie?" Jeongyeon finally answered her phone, moving away a little further.

"Are you busy?" Seungyeon ask with a soft sisterly voice. Seungyeon is a soft spoken person. She never raise her voice at anyone. She respect everyone equally.

"We just finish our dance practice." Jeongyeon answered briefly. Her eyes following Nayeon who just got up and went to the other side to grab her drink. Her eyes glued on her while listening to her sister.

"Right. Sometimes I forgot my sister is a member of a famous girl group." Seungyeon said teasingly. She knows about the comeback, Jeongyeon have told the whole family about it two months ago. As a sister who is so supportive of her younger sibling, Seungyeon is so excited about the comeback and she is anticipating for the release date so bad.

"Should we meet? I haven't seen you for awhile. We both are so busy with our work lately." She continue.

"But I'll be a little late. I need to go on V-app for a while later to greet our fans." Jeongyeon glance at the clock hanging just above where Nayeon is. The time is ticking, twenty minutes passed 10PM.

"That's okay. Give me a call once you're finish." Seungyeon later hang up. Jeongyeon exhales. She is too tired to go anywhere now but she can't let her sister down either. Besides, they really haven't meet each other after their family dinner two weeks ago.

"Are you hurt?" She startled as Mina suddenly appeared in front of her. Mina immediately showing off her gummy smile the moment Jeongyeon look up at her. Such a cute penguin. Jeongyeon thought.

"No. No. I'm good." She lied.

"I noticed you kept messaging your neck. I thought you got hurt." Mina said with her small voice and she sounded genuinely concern which make Jeongyeon feel guilty for trying to lie about her condition.

"It has been like this for a while now." She decided to just be honest about her pain she currently felt.

"Then you should go to the hospital. It could be something. Don't wait until it get worst." Mina trying to give her advice. Jeongyeon smile. Mina has changed so much from the day they first meet each other. If before they barely hear her voice but now her voice could be one of those annoying voices when she started making weird noises while everybody else is sleeping. Jeongyeon reach for Mina hand and holding it gently.

"What about you? Are you okay now?" Jeongyeon carefully ask. Mina was suffering from severe anxiety to the point she told their CEO that she can't go to the stage and perform anymore. She almost quit but their CEO is very understanding so he gave Mina all the time she needed to recover and it took Mina nearly a year before she reunited with her member again.

Mina shyly smiles. "Yes. I feel a lot better now. I gained back the confidence I've once lost. I feel good actually to finally be able to do this again. I can't wait to meet ONCE and play with them."

Jeongyeon smile gets widen as well as Nayeon who is watching them. Nayeon realized how close Jeongyeon is with Mina. They are inseparable. They constantly needed one another. Although Mina don't talk much but she is so good at taking a good care of the member. Which is why Jeongyeon relying on her a lot of times. But in terms of soulmate, Mina is attached to Chaeyoung. They rarely talks through their mouth but their eyes are always talking. It's too bad that the filmed videos of them don't do them justice. It didn't really show what Mina and Chaeyoung relationship really is.

Nayeon grab her phone and log into her private V-Live account as Jeongyeon started her solo live. She couldn't help the smile on her face once she sees Jeongyeon face on her screen. Jeongyeon looked tired but her face immediately light up when ONCE started spamming her live with comments. Although Jeongyeon is just in her plain white shirt and her Adidas sweatpant she still looked the prettiest. She really the prettiest when she smile. Nayeon silently read all the comments while listening to Jeongyeon talking and answering questions.

"A spoiler? I don't have anything to spoil." Jeongyeon lied. Although she really want to tell ONCE about their comeback but she can't. Aside from wanting it to be a good surprise for their fans, this condition also written in their contract that they can't spoil anything about their comeback until the company released the first teaser.

"No. I can't do that." Jeongyeon added as she see a comment telling her to do aegyo. 

"Nayeon unnie, let's go take our shower." Dahyun shout from the studio exit. Nayeon sighs. She didn't realized her members has left the practice studio except for Jeongyeon who is still interacting with ONCE in V-Live. Nayeon stuffed her jacket inside her bag and before she leave she decided to bomb Jeongyeon's live. So she approached her and slowly wrapped one arm around Jeongyeon, hugging her from behind.

"Nayeon is here. Najeong!" Jeongyeon zoom in the camera a little closer to Nayeon face. She couldn't help the smile on her face when Nayeon comfortably leaning her cheek against Jeongyeon back. Because of their height differences, she almost couldn't see Nayeon face on the screen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter