Coffee!

Oops! Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My life has always been the same, I had to do the same things all over the days I have lived. Sleep late after reading and checking the documents needed for the company I own after my parents gave the baton to me, well technically they didn't, I just had to continue handling it after they died, and before you feel pity for me, don't. I already had that most of the days when what happened was still fresh, and so yeah I moved on and lived my life. It wasn't the best but oh well when life s you up you just gotta shrug it off. It's not like something good would come if I continue to mope. Okay that aside, like I said I sleep late, wake up early or wake when I felt like I needed too.

I really thought that would have been my life for the rest of my days but life happens in some weird ways that just made me change my view on it. And oh by the way, my name's Kim Chaewon and this is my story!

 

 ...

 

I was just blankly staring at my desk as I finished all the things I was supposed to do. A knock on the door made me look at it. It showed my bestfriend who got this tall and bubbly image.

 

“Ya, Ahn Yujin” I told her and she had this bright smile on her face she usually has. I stood up from my chair and went to her. “On what matter did you come here for, as long as I remember we have nothing to be talking about”

 

She snorted, “Oh come on bud, I was around and I thought of paying my grumpy bestfriend a visit” she said as she put her arms on my shoulder that I shrugged off.

 

We took a sit and I asked once again, “What? Got kicked out of the vice president’s room?” I asked and she grunted. I chuckled.

 

“I swear, your cousin is just hard as steel sometimes” she said with a pout on her face which I just laughed off. “Yeah, keep laughing”

 

I snickered one last time as I lifted my brows at her, “Still a mystery how you snagged my cousin” I said and she smirked this time.

 

“What do I say? I’m full of charms” she smugly said which made me look at her disgusted.

 

I made a face and said, “Yeah, whatever” she was telling the truth anyway, my bestfriend is really a charming person and I’m happy Minjoo has someone by her side like her. A person who can uplift her mood in an instant and brag her to the world that she’s the best. Minjoo has always been the person to be not confident about herself, but Yujin somehow completes the puzzle. I don’t tell her that though, I don’t want to give her satisfactions. *winks*

 

She smiled at me weirdly and I just stared at her, “What?” I asked.

 

Then this time she grinned, “Still got no plans of having a girlfriend?” she asked and I just stared at her.

 

“Where did that come from?” I asked and she shrugged.

 

“Nothing, just curious bud” she said.

 

Well, I have thought of it but I have no one who piqued my interest so far. Nothing special have happened to me so *shrugs* “I don’t know? It’s not on my list of priorities though?”

 

“And what are those priorities? Work?”

 

“Yes?” My answer turned out to be a question more than an answer so she snorted. “What?”

 

She then stood up and patted my shoulder, “Bud, I wish you give time to yourself also” I had to look at her if she’s being serious and yes she was. She brought out her phone and showed it to me. “Seems like she missed my presence already” It was Minjoo who texted her.

                                From: Commander

                                                Where are you? Come back here at my office now!

I snorted when I saw what she named my cousin on her phone. “That’s a very fitting name, private Ahn” I said and she just laughed.

 

“Okay bud, time to leave” she said and I nodded. She then walked out of my door while saying, “think about it” she said and I didn’t have the chance to ask what she was talking about because she already left.

 

Well, again I’m left alone in this giant room and I just went to my chair and stared at nothing once again.

 

 

I’m just walking around the skirts of Seoul alone like I always. Having someone to be talking with or group of friend I could be laughing with is sure nice but I don’t have those. Anyway, I’m fine this way and also I like it better. I like doing this as I’m just getting succumbed by my thoughts. I was brought back to reality when someone bumped into me.

 

“I’m so sorry” she told me but I was busy looking at her face. What am I even doing? “Oh gosh!” she said once again and went near me and then she took out her handkerchief and wiped my clothes and I wondered why until she apologized once again. “I’m really so sorry, my coffee got onto your coat” she told me causing me to look at it and poof, I got coffee all over me.

 

“Oh, it’s fine. I’m just going to change anyway” I told her which was a lie because my car is far from me and I had no yet intentions of going home.

 

With her concerned face she asked me, “Are you sure?” she asked me and I chuckled which made her stare at me like I did something to be stared at.

 

“Did you just chuckle?” she asked me with a pout. Oh God, that was so adorable.

 

“No, sorry I just found you cute” I said without even thinking and the moment I realized what I just said I panicked, “I-I mean, yeah? Wait---” I stopped rambling when I heard her chuckle.

 

She smiled at me, “That’s fine you can call me cute, you’re not the first one to” and then she winked at me. Man, I think I just fell in love. No, I’m just kidding.

 

I chuckled and there was silence, she’s about to leave when I said something, “Do you want to grab a coffee, might as well change the one I got poured? It’s my treat”

 

“Not sure if you should be the one treating when I just poured half the cup of mine on you and causing you to smell like one, but sure. I would love the company” she told me and I just rejoiced inside and I don’t know why.

 

I grinned at her, I looked at myself and back to her saying. “Let’s go? I know a place nearby” and she nodded.

 

Well, maybe I like it when I have company. Maybe.

 

 

We arrived at the café I usually go to when I walk around the town, It’s in much of a secluded place because I like the ambience of this place. Not much people and you can enjoy yourself.

 

“So how’d you find this place?” she asked while sipping the coffee we just ordered.

 

“Just some coincidence, I like walking around town so I kind of just discover places people not know of that much and I like places where I can just be alone, I like it like that” I replied.

 

“Oh, an introvert” she replied and I just grinned not denying.

 

“So, what agenda does a beautiful girl like you doing alone in the skirts of Seoul?” I amaze myself sometimes, how did I just say that.

 

“You could have just told me I am beautiful” she said and I chuckled. “Kidding, nothing though, I was just walking around, getting familiar”

 

“Getting familiar? Aren’t you from here?” I asked, I mean she looked Korean.

 

She shook her head, “No, I’m from Los Angeles” she replied.

 

“Oh? You look Korean though?” I told her.

 

“Well, of course considering my father is Korean”

 

“So you’re alone here in Korea?” I asked.

 

“Yes, and I’m just travelling right now from place to place and as you see as of the moment, Korea happened to be my stop”

 

I nodded, and so we continued talking about things or just anything that come to our minds.

 

“Wait, we’ve talking for like an hour and I still don’t know your name” she said and come to think of it she’s right, neither of us know each other’s name.

 

I chuckled, and I brought out my private card which mostly contains things slightly different from the one I use for business. I gave it to her while saying my name, “It’s Kim Chaewon”

 

She received it with a smile and a second after her eyes went wide and looked at me, “You’re a CEO?” she asked mouth hanging open.

 

I shrugged and nodded, “Yes?”

 

She then composed herself and brought out her hand for a what? A handshake, cute. “I’m Jang Wonyoung” and I shook her hand. “I should have asked earlier, I didn’t know I was talking to someone that high” she said and I grunted which made her laugh. “What?”

 

I just looked at her and it made her laugh more, “You don’t like it when people point that out?” she asked.

 

“Yes, Wonyoung and I hate it” I replied to her. I changed the topic and asked her, “How about you? What do you do?”

 

“It’s nothing grand as yours” she said and I looked at her lazily like I was defeated or something, “I’m just kidding, I’m a photographer. It’s one of the reasons I tour the world” she continued telling, “Wait up” she told me and a second later, she was holding her camera in front of me, “Smile!” she said but I got no chance to even do that as she took a photo of me all of a sudden. She looked at it and she chuckled. “Look, you looked so adorable” and she showed it to me and I just made a face at her.

 

“Yes, adorably stupid” I told her which she just waved off.

 

“One more then?” she said then once again the camera was in front of my face, she told me to smile but I don’t really take photos, so I just smiled awkwardly, “Why are you so awkward?” she told me.

 

I snorted, “Sorry, just that I don’t take photos that much”

 

“Oh? Then let’s get started” she told me and I looked at her confused.

 

“Get what started?” I asked and she pulled me up.

 

She then grinned at me, “Let’s take a bunch of photos of you” she said and pulled me out of the door, and really I had no choice but to comply.  

 

That night, that whole night I was just with her. I took her to places as she told me to take her and there she was having me pose at every place she found aesthetic for her liking. Usually I would have complained if it was Yujin ordering me around like asking me to pose for her and take a picture of me. But her, Wonyoung just have this energy in her that makes me do whatever she wants me to do without me having complains.

 

I sat on a chair as I felt really tired of all that. This is the reason why I hate photoshoots, thankfully I have Minjoo to cover for me.

 

I looked at her and she was there looking at her shots like she wasn’t even tired. “Aren’t you tired?” I asked.

 

“Tired? Of course not old person” she told me and it left my mouth hanging open.

 

“Mean” I told her and she just took a photo of me.

 

“Oh my God! Adorable” she gushed and I was curious because I had no idea what face I just had.

 

“Let me take a look” I told her as she sat beside me but she took the camera away from me.

 

“No, this one would be for my eyes only” she said.

 

I let her have her way as I had no more energy to even try. “Fine, Ms. Jang Wonyoung” and she just grinned at me. When she was busy looking at her shots, I secretly took out my phone and had the camera ready and I called for her, I took my shot and looked at the photo I just took. I just grinned when I saw it. She just looked shocked and it looked really cute for my liking.

 

“Let me take a look” she told me but I just looked at her with having no intentions of letting her take a peek and she knows it, “Are you making me taste my own medicine?” she asked with that smile on her face, It’s contaminating I smiled too. She brought out her hand and I looked at her.

 

“You’re phone, give it to me” she said.

 

“No?”

 

”I’m not going to take a peek nor delete it silly” and she brought out her hand again, and like I’m someone gullible, I just gave it to her.

 

She did something, and then I knew what she was doing, she set the camera on selfie mode. She brought the phone in front of her faces and once again, it’s one of the things I don’t usually do.

 

“Smile will you?” she told me and I said, “Yes maam” and she chuckled.

 

We took a lot but this one last shot that she took was my favorite, when she told me to no look awkward like I was in the first shots, “fine take it”  I told her and she replied, “just make sure your nothing awkward or I’ll take a hundred more” she said and I snorted. I smiled at the camera like she told me but when she was taking it, I looked at her and at the same time she looked at me, we didn’t know how the photo turned out because we both weren’t looking at it.

 

I was smiling widely and there she was looking at me weirdly, I took my phone from her, “I like this the best” I told her and made it my home screen display. She chuckled while looking at me do what I just did.

 

“Should I be honored to be the CEO’s phone display?” I knew she was teasing me though.

 

“Yeah, whatever” I looked at the time. “Let’s go. I’ll take you home. It’s already late” I told her and she gasped when she looked at the time.

 

“Oh , I’m sorry it’s this late already” she told me but I shrugged it off.

 

“It’s fine, Wonyoung. I had fun taking picture with coffee on me” I told her and she burst out laughing.

 

“I forgot about that” Well, considering my coat was the same color as the coffee, it wasn’t visible at all.

 

I had her tell me where she’s currently living so I just took her there with my car.

 

“Thank you” she told me when I already had drop her off.

 

I nodded while smiling at her. “So bye?” she told me with that smile of hers.

 

“Seems like it” I was about to leave when she halted me by grabbing my wrist.

 

“I really had fun, Chaewon” the first time she called me by my name and It really felt great, “I really hope we’d see each other again” she said hopeful.

 

I smiled at her and said, “Oh, we will”

 

“We will?” she asked with that confused face of hers.

 

“I wouldn’t let go of that beautiful face, would I?” and that’s me saying I’m interested of her.

 

She didn’t know of what to say and she just chuckled, “See you again soon then” she told me and kissed my cheek which I didn’t expect and she just dashed off inside her room and left me there spacing out.

 

I just had this silly smile on my face before I went home.

 

 

I kind of have some things to do for this day and I’m out here in the airport with Yujin and with Minjoo by the way who my best bud got as a model of her airlines. Such a lucky person, Minjoo even volunteered herself.

 

“I don’t see any reason why I should be here out in the sun when I can just be inside my office all day long” I told Yujin who was busy look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter