Ch 22 - The End...

Kindred Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The End..."

Another month has passed…It was now White day. This was the opposite of Valentine’s Day, so it was the guys turn to prepare something for his significant other. The only thing required by custom was the gift was white. That was how Kyle interpreted it anyway.

He did research on the holidays on his spare time, just making sure he had a very basic idea on what to do. By no means was this a way for him to just follow the tradition, if any he just wanted to make the effort.

The young man was sitting, his laptop in front of him. He read an email, it wa sent from the department head…

‘Dear Rowen Kyle,

We have sent this email to acknowledge your accomplishments. This is to recognize you as one of the winners and recipient of the SME scholarship, which was announced at the start of the School Year. If one wished, he may present this award to another, under the same program, who shows exemplary skills.

Awards will be given tomorrow, to allow students to spend the rest of the day for white day.

Below is the list of benefits; …

He could only read up to that point, he honestly couldn’t believe he got the award. It was never at the back of his mind, since he always kept focused on just finishing his degree. ’I got to tell Wendy…No…Not yet.’

He opened his phone and searched for Junho’s number. He dialed it, and waited a few seconds.

“Hello, Kyle?”

“Hey Junho, I have something to tell you.”

“Huh, Okay what is it?”

“Remember when they announced a scholarship they would give per program? When Red Velvet 1st came here?”

“Yeah, I mean I never stop thinking about it. Why, did they post an announcement?”

“You could say that, they just emailed me. Telling me I got the award.”…The line was silent for a moment.

“Junho, You Th-“

“WHAT?!” Kyle already moved the phone away from his ear by the time Junho shouted.

“C-Congrats man, I’m so happy for you. We should celebrate it!” Kyle could only shake his head at his friends’ enthusiasm. ‘Always the happy one.’

“Yeah that sounds okay…it’ll be a great way to send the girls of…” Of course with that award meant the year was almost ending. After this week, the school year would end…meaning RV had to leave….

What would that mean now? Of course it was almost in his mind, how he would adjust now that Wendy would focus on their career now. That would be a great change for them, since they wouldn’t able to see each other as often…

He hears a sigh from the other line. “Yeah…can’t believe it’s almost a year now…time really flies…”

“Yeah…what’s actually going to happen? They’ll-“

“Kyle…You shouldn’t think like that. Yeah we won’t be able to see them, but that doesn’t mean they’ll forget us. If anything we should always keep in contact.”

“Yeah, you’re right! I got to try and never give up.” Kyle was smiling. He shouldn’t give up easily, They ha text, calls and video time to keep in contact. He just needed to keep himself focused.

“Glad to hear it, anyway we should rest, you have a big day tomorrow.”

“Yeah, night.” The call ends, Kyle now feeling motivated. He look at the email one more time. He read the again, and though about it…present it to another person, huh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter