chapter two: orange (the suffering never ends)

love shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few minutes after Momo and their three clients left, Sana and Jihyo decided to look after the hall for today seeing as Momo would most likely be dealing with her new girlfriend. Dahyun told them that she would take the night shift since the older two had to attend class.

Dahyun decided to step out of the hall again to take a breather. After all, she hadn't expected Mina to be friends with Nayeon.

"It's you again." Nayeon smiled as Dahyun took a seat on the bench. "Sorry if I didn't seem all too friendly with Sana back there."

Dahyun raised an eyebrow. "You know Sana?"

Nayeon didn't want to say anything; she didn't want to elaborate further. But with Dahyun, everything was just so easy. When they met on this same bench a few hours ago, Nayeon was merely a book that wanted to be opened – Dahyun did that – her fingers gently caressing the cover, opening her with utmost care.

Kim Dahyun was gentle.

She didn't want to talk about it, but she wanted someone to finally open up to. Nayeon never said a word about it to her friends – she knew that if she did, they might leave her just like Sana did.

("Give her a chance.") So she did.

"Yeah. She's in my class, and she's really popular, you know?" Nayeon sighed as she ran fingers through her hair. "We used to be close."

Nayeon closed her eyes and memories of her and Sana came flashing back. She remembered the day when the Japanese girl approached her; she was a book and she thought Sana was too. They created their own stories, inking the pages with words overflowing with love – a fairy tale that both of them dreamed of. Slowly, that happily ever after became a blur as the ink ran out and Sana decided to tear up her pages and leave.

Dahyun stayed silent and scooted closer, urging her to continue.

"When she left, I was a mess. But then I met Jeongyeon and Mina, and Tzuyu after a few months." Nayeon placed her head on the younger girl's shoulder. Closing her eyes and feeling the warmth that she radiated. "They're my sisters, but even so, I still feel so... alone."

Dahyun hummed in response and leaned onto Nayeon, thinking of something to say in response. But the older girl didn't seem to wait for a reply, not that Dahyun would understand, she simply rested her head on her shoulder and cleared her mind.

"Do you want to move elsewhere?" Dahyun asked. "I- uh it's too loud here, and I figured you wanted to rest?"

"Where to?" Instead of answering, Dahyun took her hand and went along the street and then inside of their university. Nayeon started laughing all of a sudden, and Dahyun followed, earning weird glances from the students nearby, but they didn't care. Dahyun led the older girl and went past them.

The university's field was usually packed with athletes running around for their training. But this time of the day, it was empty and wouldn't be filling up anytime soon.

Dahyun sat down and the older girl followed. Nayeon placed her head on Dahyun's shoulder as she wrapped her into a warm embrace, feeling the grass beneath them.

There was a reason why Sana left and Nayeon has yet to find the answers. There was still this empty page that's yearning to be inked inside of Nayeon and Dahyun wrote in them, creating gentle on each letter she wrote.

Every letter, every word was too good to be true, but Nayeon dived into the story Dahyun was bound to write almost immediately.

That happily ever after didn't seem to be too farfetched.

--

Momo never imagined herself entering a milktea shop with a girl holding her hand. Not to mention, she has never even tasted the peculiar drink before. Students go wild over the drink, craving it like it was some drug that Momo has yet to discover.

But really, she never treated herself into eating or drinking any sweets because it was too expensive for her budget. The alcohol on her shelf back in the office was expensive enough but that was part of their business, so for her, alcohol was already a treat. Other than that all that was running into her head was her debt.

"What would you like?" Mina asked her, eyes on the menu even though she already knew what she wanted.

Momo wanted to admit that she's never been inside these kinds of shops before, but moved before she could even think. "You."

Mina snorted. "Smooth. I could tell you're taking this favor seriously."

"Well that or I just don't know what to order," Momo scratched the back of her neck. "I always see people drinking these but I never got to taste even a single drop."

"Well, go for the classic winter melon tea, I guess?" Mina suggested and Momo went with it. Soon, they were sitting down on one of the tables by the window as they ate some fries.

On the first sip, Momo could say that the drink was pretty good but she never really got the hype about it. Well, at least she was getting something else in her system other than alcohol. "How is it?"

"It's okay," Momo took another sip. "Vodka is still better though."

Mina rolled her eyes, and Momo spoke again. "I have a question though."

"Shoot."

Momo made finger guns and pretended to shoot her; Mina played along and pretended she was shot. Momo let out a chuckle and shook her head. "Out of all the favors, you could ask me, why ask me to pretend to be your girlfriend?"

"I don't know," Mina shrugged taking a fry from the plate. "I wanted to test out some things and break the ice between our friends."

Momo raised an eyebrow, confused. She has to admit that the younger girl is indeed pretty, so why would she ask Momo when there are about a hundred people out there who are actually willing to become her girlfriend even if it's just a fake relationship? And what did she mean by "break the ice"? What about their friends? Isn't it just the first time they all met a few hours ago back in the office? Everything was confusing-- it was like when Momo got the text from Kai, like when her parents were killed because of some debt she never knew about. Wanting to push further, Momo opened to ask, but Mina shook her head and didn't explain further and simply said you'll figure out soon.

She suddenly had a bad feeling about this fake relationship.

--

Amidst everything, Tzuyu could say that she had a lot of time in her hands. She had passed most of her requirements and all she had to do was sit back and wait for her grades until the end of the quarter. She liked doing things weeks before the deadline. The moment her professors would give them an assignment, she works on it right away. It was easy, really; writing is one of her greatest escapes. The way her hand moves as she wrote different words – the pen and paper are her friends.

Other than that, she played pool as well. Holding the cue stick was just like holding the pen. Not exactly the same, but when she learned; she couldn't stop playing just like she couldn't stop writing. And introducing the sport to her friends wasn't such a bad idea. Mina stopped playing for years, but as she stepped inside the most famous billiards hall near their university; she beat almost everyone that challenged her even the best players in the house. Nayeon and Jeongyeon just came there for the drinks.

It was fascinating seeing her play, and come to think of it, she should've asked them to play with her instead of playing with a bunch of strangers. It wasn't just random strangers; she knew who Hirai Momo was – the owner and the one who taught her to play. She wouldn't say that she's a friend, but Momo wasn't a stranger either.

Entering the hall for the first time throughout the day, Tzuyu spotted the table she always used empty, immediately she went there and Jihyo followed her setting up the table. "Want any drinks from the bar?"

Tzuyu looked up at her, heart r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter