❄️FINAL❄️

A winter story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's Tuesday noon and snow was everywhere.

 

 

 

 

 

 

With very light steps, Sana begins to walk towards the bus stop, almost an hour early before their meeting time. She doesn't know why but, she just can't wait inside her house. Her mom is scolding her for walking back and forth in front of the television. 

 

Even though it's freezing cold, the way in front of her is full of people. There are kids running and making snowmen, there are couples and families which looks like going to have a bonding time somewhere. All of them just having the time of their lives. 

 

It's Tuesday, 24th of December and she's having a date with Mina. Will the girl like the new game she bought? Well maybe, that's the game she was talking about just 2 days ago. 

 

Will Mina like the penguin cover for her ps4 dualshock? She picked the one that resembles Mina the most, and she bought squirrel covers for the joysticks. She's giddy thinking that if Mina liked the gift, she will get a kiss. 

 

Smirking to herself on her way, she finally arrived at the bus-stop moments later and it's 30 minutes before their meeting time. Sana kinds of regret leaving earlier because it's so cold outside and it's freezing her hands off. Now that she thought about it, she forgot her gloves. She cursed herself for being such a klutz, she brought everything except her gloves. Smoke came out of as she breaths through , the hotness immediately dissipates into thin air. 

 

She fished the hot packs in her bag, hoping that they will last more than 25 minutes in this kind of coldness. She held it and sighed, thinking that it's worth the cold if it's Mina she's waiting for.

 

 

"Sana?" She abruptly looked up to see Mina in her long black coat, looking really, really, really pretty. 

 

"Oh Mina hehe, goodmorning darling" 

 

Standing up, her eyes finding Mina's and her lips forming a warm, goofy smile.

 

"You're quite early" Mina said and inspected the hot packs Sana's holding, "and I guess you forgot your gloves"

 

The flustered girl giggled and scratched the back of her head in embarrassment, "I uhm ah well HAHAHAH, I got excited"

 

Mina chuckles and Sana swears that it's ing cute, her heart is melting. When Mina's there, the cold will never bother her. 

 

"We're the same then, I am actually ready an hour ago. My mom just stopped me from going here that early, she told me it's bad for me"

 

"O-oh... "

 

Sana was quite happy to hear that, it made her realize that the excitement's not one sided. 

 

"We're gonna start the date early then" She said as she puts away the hot packs in her bag

 

Mina nodded and held Sana's hand, startling the squirrel-like girl. Sana's mind was clouded of how Mina's hand is warm and soft against hers. 

 

Oh well, maybe she will thank her clumsiness for forgetting the gloves as she got way better, (not just a hand warmer. Mina warms her heart, her body especially her cheeks that is now red in color)

 

 

 

 

 

 

●●●●

 

 

 

 

 

After an hour of trip in the bus, they reached their destination of the most famous and largest theme park in Korea namely 'Everland' in the outskirts of Seoul in Yongin City, Gyeonggi Province.

 A never ending sight of rides greeted their sight and the thought of trying all of it is impossible in one day.

 

"LOOK THERE!!!" Sana squealed as soon as they reached the front dest, Mina thought that it would be such a cliché to have a date in a theme park. However, seeing Sana squeal and act like a child makes her think otherwise, she will treasure this sight for the rest of her life. 

 

"Do you want to ride there?" Mina asked and the girl nods her head rapidly and Mina is afraid that it will fall anytime soon if she keeps that up. Even when the other is taller than her, she tiptoed, patting Sana's head to make her stop and it was effective when Sana leaned into her touch. She laughed quietly and went to buy tickets.  

 

Sana looks at Mina who's buying tickets for their ride, and thinks how lucky she is to spend Christmas eve with the girl. 

She wonders what the heck did she do in her past life to deserve the great Myoui Mina in her life. Maybe the Sana in some other dimension invented a cure to a very dangerous disease, or maybe she stopped a war in one of her past lives. Now her mind drifts in reincarnation, did she meet Mina in her past life? What if she did? Maybe it's just destiny. What if she did not? 

 

A pout in her lips unconsciously formed thinking about that. 

 

"Come on let's go" 

 

Sana woke up of her thoughts and shakes her head to erase any sad thoughts before following Mina. Her hand made its way to Mina's soft ones, the latter was surprised but nonetheless smiled and tightened her hold.

 

"Mina unnie? Sana unnie?" They turned their heads around at the familiar voice, only seeing the two maknaes of their little circle of friends. 

 

"You're here too?" The couples hugged each other.

 

"You're riding the roller-coaster? I'm surprised Chaeyoung passed the height limit" Sana teased the smallest among them. 

 

"Come on unnie!! I'm taller than 145cm!" The three laughed at the whining Chaeyoung as Tzuyu pats her head. 

 

"Now now, let's go already" Sana said and dragged Mina on the roller-coaster. 

 

●●●●

 

 

 

"Hey, what are you planning after college? I mean, we only have a year"

 

Sana suddenly brought up while looking at the beautiful blue and pink hue of the winter sunset. Mina though, is looking at Sana, she's carving this image on her mind. The rose like color is illuminating on Sana's face and the pink color reflecting on her eyes, making Sana's doe irises more visible and richer in color. Mina's breath is caught up in . 

 

Sana, she's just so breath-taking. 

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu went home because they have a family gathering, it's fun roaming around with them but both the couple wants to have some alone time before going home. 

 

"I'm tired of being afraid already" Mina said, and slowly, Sana turns her head at her, confused and curious. 

 

"I'm tired of being afraid. Afraid of judgements, afraid of stares, afraid of my own thoughts, afraid of my frail state of mind"

 

Sana's eyebrows furrowed as her hands finds their way to Mina's own. 

 

"Afraid of losing you, Sana-chan" Mina smiled at Sana after feeling the latter squeeze her hands. 

 

"I don't want to think of the future, I just want to be with you, I wanna move out, and be with you" 

 

Sana searches something in Mina's eyes, there's no sadness, nor fear. However, she finds the thing she's looking for... 

 

Affection, determination

 

And love

 

 

"Mina I- uhm wait, I'm very confused, eh, uhm-

 

"I love you Sana"

 

Sana's face flushed red. 

 

The latter was taken back by the sudden confession, she doesn't know what Mina meant by that, or what drove the girl in front of her to say those words. All she knew is that... 

 

"I love you too" 

 

They love each other, and nothing can top that. 

 

Sana is still confused because Mina did not just answer her question, the girl just fueled her perplexity more. She stares at Mina's eyes, admiring her moles in the top of her nose while replaying Mina's sibylline-like words.

 

However, it was quite a fulfilling moment for Mina. It's like getting something heavy out of your chest, just being replaced by something that's another whole level of fondness. 

 

The ride is coming to an end, and they spent it in a comfortable and heartwarming silence. Little giggles here and there, looking like lovesick fools staring at each other. 

 

●●●●

 

"Thank you, have a nice night and Merry Christmas!"

 

The staff bid them a farewell as they exited the restaurant where they ate dinner. The smile on their faces shows how much they enjoyed and it made the staff smile too. 

 

They bowed and went on their way, "Hey where do we go next?" Mina asked and Sana just giggled, "That's a surprise darling" 

 

Sana holds Mina's hand and drags her all the way outside. They laughed as they run, stumbling in the snow and falling aimlessly. It was fun, it's like they have no worries at all, just them and no one else. 

 

Sana sat up from the pile of snow they fell into and touched Mina's shoulder, the girl looked at Sana. They stared at each other for awhile, until Sana's eyes went to her lips, slowly closing the gap between them. Mina felt Sana's hot breath and smelled mint together with some lavender perfume that Sana uses as they get closer. 

 

Mina smiled and did the same thing, looking at Sana's hooded eyes. Closing her eyes as she waits for her lips to touch Sana's soft ones.

 

 

 

"You're it!"

 

Sana then squealed and ran, leaving Mina dumbfounded. She looked up at Sana who is laughing her lungs off at Mina's confusion. She totally lost her cool for a second and she will make sure Sana will pay for it. 

 

"Get back here you!-" 

 

And at that, Mina stood up and Sana ran. 

 

Mina chased Sana, shouting her name while the other laughed and squeals when Mina almost got her. 

 

At last they are in Sana's neighbourhood, and Mina didn't notice that as she was too focused on chasing Sana. 

 

Sana however, was thankful because she's beginning to get tired. She hurriedly unlocked the door and went inside, going directly to her bedroom where her surprise lay. Sana's mom and dad has gone to go on a Christmas date in some beach in Busan.

 

She hears Mina enter and got ready. 

 

"Sana? Honey? Where are you? We're just going to talk" Mina said while panting, making Sana snicker. 

 

She hears Mina's footsteps get louder and louder, "Oh, so we're playing hide and seek? Ok then" 

 

Mina said and knocks on her bedroom door, which to find it locked, 

 

"Hey let me innn" She whined at Sana and the latter laughed, "What's the password?"

 

Mina blew a sigh at Sana's attempt to make a robot voice, she heard the other snicker quietly inside her room.

 

"Do I really have to?" 

 

"ENGGGGG!!! Wrong password! Wrong password! Try again!"

 

Mina inhaled a big lump of air before complying to Sana's childish command. She knocked with a familiar beat and started singing, "Every inch of me is trembling, but not from the cold, something is familiar, i could reach but not quite hold~"

 

"You missed some words there but i'll accept i-

 

 

"I can sense you there, like a friend i've always known~"

 

"But I'm your girlfriend though"

 

"Shut up and let me finish first, can you?"

 

Sana giggled at Mina's pissed off tone and lets her continue.

 

"I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home~"

 

Unconciously, Mina smiled while singing and continued in her will.

 

"I have always been a fortress, cold secrets deep inside. You have secrets too but you don't have to hide"

 

Sana smiled as her hand made its way to the locked doorknob.

 

 

"Show yourself"

 

 

"DOOR UNLOCKED!!!" 

 

 

She heard Sana scream excitedly before the door unlocked. She immediately turned the knob to get in. 

 

"SURPRISEE!!! Merry Christmas Mina-chan!" Sana greeted her with a bright smile. 

 

Sana's room is surrounded by stuffed toys and Christmas lights, with a famous 'Santa tell me' covered by their favorite artist playing in the background. The walls have their pictures they took throughout the whole year. There is balloons with messages floating around, there is also a bunch of foods in the table and Sana is holding a DIY paper with a little penguin standing in front. 

 

Mina covered in surprise, and then she smiled after. She forgot that she is mad at Sana and all she wants to do right now is to give a hug to the girl.

 

 "What a ridiculous amount of effort you had there" 

 

Sana pouted at her remark and stomped on the floor madly. 

 

"I prepared this all day yesterday and you already insulting it is very unbelievable! I can't believe you Myoui Mina! Why can't you just give me a kiss or somethin-

 

 Mina's lips stopped Sana's ranting pair. The girl's eyes widened at surprise. The younger one cupped Sana's face and caressed her jaw while the other traveled to her nape, pushing her closer. Mina then laughed and pulled away. 

 

"I love it so much, thank you" Mina said and Sana is a stuttering mess. She can't form a whole sentence and she can't comprehend on how the hell Mina just got so bold like that. 

 

"Ok honey, let's eat already, those cookies look good"

 

Mina went towards the table and took a bite on the cookie. 

 

"Hmhm, this is really good, did you bake this?" Sana nodded and walked towards the happy looking Mina. 

 

Sana smiled looking at Mina. This efforts she exerts never betrayed her once, she's happy that it made Mina smile shine so bright, and maybe, she will exert more to make Mina smile again in the future. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

●●●

 

 

 

"Merry Christmas Mina-chan!" Sana screamed and excitedly took out a medium-sized box from her cabinet. While Mina laughed and fished out a small box from her bag. After eating again, the both of them are now sitting in the carpet in front of Sana's bed.

 

"Here's my gift for you" Mina said, giving her gift and Sana exchanged hers. 

 

"You open it first" Sana said and Mina shaked her head. 

 

"No you" Mina snickered when she heard Sana huffed, "Let's settle this with rock paper scissors"

 

"You know that I never win against you" Sana whined and the other laughed

 

"Well that's just pure luck. That's a chance you'll have to take then" 

 

"Fine"

 

And of course, Mina won the game as usual making Sana sulky, but nonetheless opening Mina's gift for her. 

 

A luxurious looking black box greeted her sight, inside is a simple ring with a moon design that has a deep blue gem decorating it's inside. 

 

"That's sapphire, inside a moon. Just like that moon, the greatest magic you posess will shine in times of darkness, when that time comes, you have no choice but to trust yourself and your own light"

 

Sana was in tears, what the does Mina mean by that? The girl is making her so confused that she thinks her head is going to explode. Silence enveloped the atmosphere and Sana can't speak because if she did, she might cry. Mina then opened her coat and ed the top of her polo. 

 

"W-w-w-wait Mina! What are you doing?!"

 

Sana squealed and covered her eyes in embarassment. Clueless Mina stared at her with furrowed eyebrows, then the latter laughed later on, 

 

"Your mind is kind of amusing Sana-chan"

 

Then Mina showed her the necklace she's wearing, the same design but the gem is in the lighter shade of blue. 

 

"I bought the necklace version of that. I got it exclusively and there's only two of it in the world, except when someone copies it of course"

 

Wow, if that's the case then this must be expensive as hell. 

 

"Umm, I don't think I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter